GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Off-road x-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/05, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello everyone,just ordered the MAK Performance,Off-road x-pipe from www.makperformance.com! It is a mandrel bent 2.5 aluminized piece ,that is a heck of alot cheaper,and lighter than other Stainless units out there! I talked with the owner(WILL),and he says that he is working with Diablo to make a Performance recipe up for the '05 Mustang Gt's. He also said to look for his shop in the coming issues of 5.0,and Mustangs and Fast Fords! This pipe claims 15+ hp,and he sells them for 199.00! Not a bad price. He said that i will be amazed at how easy the installment goes. The way it is designed,it makes install faster! He was great to talk to,seems to be right on top of things. He also owns an '05 himself that he is currently testing on! I say check him out...he will answer any and all questions you have! Maybe he will give you guys a group price! I will be his 24th pipe sold so far...so it is relatively new. I should be getting itby next Thursday! As soon as i get it installed...i will let everyone know how well it went,and how it sounds,and what gains in performance i may notice!It's MAK Performance,no "C"!If you talk to him...Tell him his 24th customer sent ya! LOL
Old 4/8/05, 12:58 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Fman67@April 7, 2005, 9:32 PM
Hello everyone,just ordered the MAK Performance,Off-road x-pipe from www.makperformance.com! It is a mandrel bent 2.5 aluminized piece ,that is a heck of alot cheaper,and lighter than other Stainless units out there! I talked with the owner(WILL),and he says that he is working with Diablo to make a Performance recipe up for the '05 Mustang Gt's. He also said to look for his shop in the coming issues of 5.0,and Mustangs and Fast Fords! This pipe claims 15+ hp,and he sells them for 199.00! Not a bad price. He said that i will be amazed at how easy the installment goes. The way it is designed,it makes install faster! He was great to talk to,seems to be right on top of things. He also owns an '05 himself that he is currently testing on! I say check him out...he will answer any and all questions you have! Maybe he will give you guys a group price! I will be his 24th pipe sold so far...so it is relatively new. I should be getting itby next Thursday! As soon as i get it installed...i will let everyone know how well it went,and how it sounds,and what gains in performance i may notice!It's MAK Performance,no "C"!If you talk to him...Tell him his 24th customer sent ya! LOL

Problem is it oughtta be stainless. Most people on here are willing to pay a little more for a part that's equal to or better than OEM quality.

I saw that part on ebay a few days ago and it looks like the best designed X-pipe I've seen in quite a while. It keeps each pipe's flow tangential instead of cross ramming them(creating turbulence).

Make it stainless and charge +$100 and he's got a winner.
Old 4/8/05, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I am going to try and email him and see if he can get something going in SS. I also saw this and the price is right, but I would like stainless.
Old 4/8/05, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by max2000jp@April 8, 2005, 1:48 PM
I am going to try and email him and see if he can get something going in SS. I also saw this and the price is right, but I would like stainless.
Why do you need stainless so bad? By the time this aluminized pipe ever goes rusty...you will have grown tired of the car and bought something else or a newer one!Besides...the idea here is price....and equal performance! Just my opinion!
Old 4/9/05, 03:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Fman67@April 8, 2005, 11:31 PM
Why do you need stainless so bad? By the time this aluminized pipe ever goes rusty...you will have grown tired of the car and bought something else or a newer one!Besides...the idea here is price....and equal performance! Just my opinion!
I want SS because Aluminized steel will rust. The car is a daily driver and will be used in snow and rain; I need something that I know will hold up.