GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

TO OFF ROAD OR NOT

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/06, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well my exhaust is currently, frpp ceramic shorties, magnaflow x with highflow cats, and flowmaster muffs. i kind of want to get the pypes off road h-pipe. or maybe some long tubes with an off road h. my exhaust tone now is nice, startup is beefy, idle it low, driving is medium, and WOT is very nice. if i go catless i want to get an h bc i think the x will be too raspy. are the longtubes worth the money? is the pypes h worth it? i heard the quality is off a little on the pypes piece. you need to get it welded and stuff.

any opinions please.

i want some more power and more sound is always great.
Old 4/26/06, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I have th pypes and love it. I didn't get it welded and it doesn't leak. You can't use it with LT's though.
Old 4/26/06, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stang9325 @ April 26, 2006, 10:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have th pypes and love it. I didn't get it welded and it doesn't leak. You can't use it with LT's though.
[/b][/quote]

got any hp or tq numbers on it?

did you notice any increase or loss of power anywhere?
Old 4/26/06, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I noticed an increase of power, it seemed to breathe easier up top, no loss of torque, and I also had NO leak problems.
Old 4/26/06, 12:44 PM
Cobra R Member

I love my h-pipe. Also noticed an increase in power. I welded mine, though, just for insurance. Jordan, are you worried at all about runnin' with no cats in Cali?
Old 4/26/06, 05:02 PM

Buy a gas mask to wear when your stuck in traffic...............
Old 4/26/06, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rebel73 @ April 26, 2006, 10:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I love my h-pipe. Also noticed an increase in power. I welded mine, though, just for insurance. Jordan, are you worried at all about runnin' with no cats in Cali?
[/b][/quote]

yes a little bit, becuase of the smell. if i get pulled over, the cop would have to be a total idiot to not notice it, and it lingers even after the car is off. I am thinking of welding in some VERY SMALL cats onto the pipe to kill the smell. But I really REALLY love the smell so it is going to be hard.
Old 4/26/06, 11:44 PM
Cobra Member

Go off road [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] you won't regret it.
Old 4/26/06, 11:59 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emperorjordan @ April 26, 2006, 9:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yes a little bit, becuase of the smell. if i get pulled over, the cop would have to be a total idiot to not notice it, and it lingers even after the car is off. I am thinking of welding in some VERY SMALL cats onto the pipe to kill the smell. But I really REALLY love the smell so it is going to be hard.
[/b][/quote]
I'm in the same boat. I'm in L.A. I LOVE the sound with no cats. It just sounds MEAN. At the same time, I'm worried about getting an emissions bust. Could I buy some cats like you're suggesting and have a muffler shop weld them on? Where would I buy them?
Old 4/27/06, 01:32 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikem @ April 26, 2006, 4:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Buy a gas mask to wear when your stuck in traffic...............
[/b][/quote]
hehe, I know whatcha mean but its not so bad if you were to compare it to raw gasoline.

-Dan
Old 4/27/06, 07:59 AM
V6 Member

ok so are the long tubes worth it? or should i just go with the off road h. will i loose tq with headers?
Old 4/27/06, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

just go with the o/r h with your current set up and you will be happy. I don't think the little power you may pick up with the l/t's will be worth the money you will spend.
Old 4/27/06, 09:15 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05-1947 @ April 27, 2006, 11:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
just go with the o/r h with your current set up and you will be happy. I don't think the little power you may pick up with the l/t's will be worth the money you will spend.
[/b][/quote]

I can't agree with this statement, but to each his own. My car is an animal with LT's and off road h. The sound is blissfull at best.
Old 4/27/06, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ April 27, 2006, 9:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can't agree with this statement, but to each his own. My car is an animal with LT's and off road h. The sound is blissfull at best.
[/b][/quote]

You are right about the sound Torrence. AWESOOOOOOOME [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] But being behind you for almost a hour listening with my top down almost made me deaf.

I love the sound of mustangs in the morning. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ April 27, 2006, 11:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You are right about the sound Torrence. AWESOOOOOOOME [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] But being behind you for almost a hour listening with my top down almost made me deaf.
I love the sound of mustangs in the morning. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rebel73 @ April 26, 2006, 10:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm in the same boat. I'm in L.A. I LOVE the sound with no cats. It just sounds MEAN. At the same time, I'm worried about getting an emissions bust. Could I buy some cats like you're suggesting and have a muffler shop weld them on? Where would I buy them?
[/b][/quote]

I am going to get the Pypes Cats which happpen to be CARB and CA legal, although that makes no sense becuase they are so $%&#ing small and flow so well. they have them for $60 each at RPMoutlet.com I plan to get them in the next couple of weeks, and get them welded onto my off road pipe. No shop will do it on the car tho, so gotta bring the pipe in by itself. They are freaks when it comes to anything to do with cats in CA. I will get videos as soon as I get mine on.... but I will have the cams on then so its not gonna sound anything like your car [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] I am getting excited again. That means more money gone.
Old 4/27/06, 05:13 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emperorjordan @ April 27, 2006, 10:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am going to get the Pypes Cats which happpen to be CARB and CA legal, although that makes no sense becuase they are so $%&#ing small and flow so well. they have them for $60 each at RPMoutlet.com I plan to get them in the next couple of weeks, and get them welded onto my off road pipe. No shop will do it on the car tho, so gotta bring the pipe in by itself. They are freaks when it comes to anything to do with cats in CA. I will get videos as soon as I get mine on.... but I will have the cams on then so its not gonna sound anything like your car [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] I am getting excited again. That means more money gone.
[/b][/quote]
thanks, man. I think I'm gonna go for the cats just for peace of mind. As far as cams, I'm looking into that, too. BTW, where in Cali are you? I'd LOVE to check out your ride once you got those cams in there! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emperorjordan @ April 26, 2006, 9:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

this is why god made cut-outs [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stkdidy @ April 27, 2006, 5:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
this is why god made cut-outs [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Exactly...
Old 4/27/06, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Off-road is indubitably the way to go if you don't have to worry about emissions. PA is cool because if you drive under 5000 miles between inspections, you don't need an emission test. So if I watch how much I drive (and predict my driving habits), I could opt for the o/r pipe.

Quick Reply: TO OFF ROAD OR NOT