GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

O/R pro chamber stock mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/06, 08:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O/R pro chamber stock mufflers

I too like many others am in search of "that" sound. I'm looking for old muscle car/04 GT flowmaster sound. I don't have tons of money to throw at my car so I did lots of research first and here's what I tried.

First went on SLP loudmouths - Great sound, loud when I wanted it quiet when I wanted it which is what I didn't like. I could sneak up on people with it. Just cruising you couldn't hear it. I wanted it to be heard.

Next pro chamber stock cats - Thought this would deepen the sound which it did but it also calmed it down alot. A step in the wrong direction. I didn't care for the tone either it kinda sounded like a very mean V6.

Current setup - pro chamber no cats stock mufflers - Now we're getting closer. Nice mean growl a little more noticeable than with the cats and pro chamber but again not too loud.

Next I'm going to try the loudmouths against everyone's recommendations. I think the borla/ford stingers would be perfect but can't find them at any ford dealerships here in Louisiana.
Old 7/23/06, 09:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rakkassan34
I too like many others am in search of "that" sound. I'm looking for old muscle car/04 GT flowmaster sound. I don't have tons of money to throw at my car so I did lots of research first and here's what I tried.

First went on SLP loudmouths - Great sound, loud when I wanted it quiet when I wanted it which is what I didn't like. I could sneak up on people with it. Just cruising you couldn't hear it. I wanted it to be heard.

Next pro chamber stock cats - Thought this would deepen the sound which it did but it also calmed it down alot. A step in the wrong direction. I didn't care for the tone either it kinda sounded like a very mean V6.

Current setup - pro chamber no cats stock mufflers - Now we're getting closer. Nice mean growl a little more noticeable than with the cats and pro chamber but again not too loud.

Next I'm going to try the loudmouths against everyone's recommendations. I think the borla/ford stingers would be perfect but can't find them at any ford dealerships here in Louisiana.
Just intalled yesterday an off road pipe. I add the Borlas for a few months and I always knew the sound was a very good quality sound, deep rumble.
Now with the off road pipe no cats it's so so so mean and still it has a quality sound and freakin loud! Myself after reading all the post and knowing now for a fact the Borlas/o/r pipe is an excellent combo. I would recomended to anyone.

I am still curious to know what it would sound like with the prochamber.