GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Now shipping the X-calibrator 2's, with real pics

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/05, 06:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

They are on their way, according to SCT. Below is a few shots from another dealer of the X-cal 2 and the datalogging software on a Laptop.....

I will have mine by the weekend if you are interested, $399 for three programs is my standard pricing. Please check out my website and forums for more information.

www.Bamachips.com

I been kinda quite wanting to wait until I had my banner on the site to begin advertising but I've been paying for it since mid May so please don't think I'm a spammer, I support this site.

THanks Doug904
Old 6/1/05, 08:28 AM
FR500 Member

I can vouch for Doug. He hooked me up with a killer tune for my XCalibrator that I am using currently. Thanks again, Doug.

And Doug, are you going to have an upgrade price for those of us who have the xcal1? If so, what is it if we send in our xcal1's?
Old 6/1/05, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

what ya charge to custom tune an 05 with a procharger?

im about an hour north of you in columbia tn
Old 6/1/05, 06:39 PM
Cobra R Member

So the new sct xcalibrator. In the add it sounds like it does everything the predator does etc. Is it able to adjust tunes, without using your computer, or is it like the orig xcalibrator, where you have to modify the tune on the computer then load to car. Anyone that has any info on the new xcal 2 and which one looks better now between predator and xcal2. Thanks to any that may understand these items.
Old 6/1/05, 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by sodaman@June 1, 2005, 6:42 PM
So the new sct xcalibrator. In the add it sounds like it does everything the predator does etc. Is it able to adjust tunes, without using your computer, or is it like the orig xcalibrator, where you have to modify the tune on the computer then load to car. Anyone that has any info on the new xcal 2 and which one looks better now between predator and xcal2. Thanks to any that may understand these items.

Other then holding the superior tuning from SCT

The programs can be modified on both a PC and the tuner itself.

what ya charge to custom tune an 05 with a procharger?

im about an hour north of you in columbia tn
We, as in all SCT dealers, cannot do a tune for the Prochargers YET(on the 05' stangs). Like I'm sure you know about the throttle tuning for the Procharger hasn't been estabilished yet by SCT and if you don't have that 100% the vehicle will shut down. They have done a Vortech and it well out performed and just drove alot better then the Diablo tuning that comes with it, I can get you numbers if you'd like. I will keep you in mind when they do release a program that is close enough to start from and then we can fine tune it on the dyno. Sorry!

Thanks, Doug.
Old 6/1/05, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a good deal. I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to buy one for my car.

Doug is a good guy, he got me some help when I had trouble with a Whipple on my 3.0 Ranger. I loved that truck but had too many clutch troubles.
Old 6/1/05, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

the predator will hold 5 tunes plus orig backup
Old 6/1/05, 08:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by O5GT@June 1, 2005, 8:26 PM
the predator will hold 5 tunes plus orig backup

Thanks, I stand corrected then. The X-2's will hold 3 and the original.

Doug.
Old 6/1/05, 09:16 PM

It's really down to ease of use. No matter what you have, the car can only do so much. It's down to the ease of getting there. Honestly, I had 3 tunes in my car but I never changed them. I only used one tune. I personally like the features of the XcalII. Besides the basics, one of the most attractive features for me is the two step capability. This will allow consistant launchs at a specified rpm. The XCalII will also allow you to utilize any tuner across the U.S. For me, finding a tuner is the hard part. I also have the Pro Racer's package on order so that I can tune the car myself-of course with some learning and direction. I am totally taking the "dyno" tune out of the equation. The package costs about as much as 2 dyno sessions.