GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Noise question

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/07, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise question

Had the work done as stated in my sig. over 1 1/2 years ago. Approx. 3-4 months ago started hearing squeak from rear end, generally over less smooth roads. Some days may not here it, others can be fairly continuous for periods. Don't here it til have been driving a while usually. Took car to dealership for warranty work, they could not find a problem, did lube that didn't help. Last week took it to ind. mustang shop. They trimmed suspension stop pads and grease job. Still have squeak (intermittent). Owner of shop said may always have some noise with polyurethane. Anyone have any ideas. Am about to get new wheels and tires so would like to resolve this issue now. Thanks for any input.
Old 2/16/07, 05:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangCat
Had the work done as stated in my sig. over 1 1/2 years ago. Approx. 3-4 months ago started hearing squeak from rear end, generally over less smooth roads. Some days may not here it, others can be fairly continuous for periods. Don't here it til have been driving a while usually. Took car to dealership for warranty work, they could not find a problem, did lube that didn't help. Last week took it to ind. mustang shop. They trimmed suspension stop pads and grease job. Still have squeak (intermittent). Owner of shop said may always have some noise with polyurethane. Anyone have any ideas. Am about to get new wheels and tires so would like to resolve this issue now. Thanks for any input.
Good Post.

What the issue may be is, if you used the factory LCA bolts they are too small in diameter at .498" for the CHE or Steeda LCA sleeves.

The factory LCA bolt threaded end is tearing up the the inside of the LCA sleeves (the sleeves are not hardened steel) and after some miles will start to dig into the poly material and it just starts getting real ugly from there.

I can assure you that if you remove the front end of the LCA from the car and look into the sleeve you will see wear the factory LCA bolt threads have damaged the sleeve.

I sent Steeda Gus a PM about this issue and Kevin with PMP (CHE) The CHE's I bought from PMP are ruined so I got another set of LCA's from Steeda. (these are on their way to being ruined)

All anyone has to do is look at the factory LCA bolts and it will become real clear that the bolts will not work (for long) with after market LCA's.

I have asked Gus to please sell me some LCA bolts and nuts that fit their
non adj poly to poly LCA's. No reply yet, just PM'd him yesterday.

As for Kevin with PMP I havent heard a thing back from him on what they plan to do about the CHE's I bought from them. He hasnt answered emails or PM's.

CHE and Steeda should have offered bolts and nuts to fit their sleeves.

Have a good day