GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

No start after airbag recall service performed on my car

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/08, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No start after airbag recall service performed on my car

I went to the dealer to get a new shift **** installed, and ONLY a shift **** because it broke and after they were done they told me that they performed the airbag recall fix on my car too. My thought was, cool, at first. I started driving away and it felt like the stock tune was back in the car. When I got home I reloaded the Bamachips tune back into the car and turned the key and it wouldn't start. It cranks, but doesn't fire. Please help me. I don't know what to do.
Old 4/7/08, 05:06 PM
V6 Member

Your old tunes (stock and Bama) will no longer work if the dealer flashed the PCM and the strategy changed. The airbag fix wasn't supposed to involve a PCM update, but who knows. You'll have to call Bamachips, and they'll tell you what to do. I think you just read the new strategy with the SCT and tell them what it is so they can send you the correct tunes.
Old 4/7/08, 05:06 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds like you need to check this topic:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=440960
Old 4/7/08, 06:06 PM

I emailed Doug at Bamachips for help too. I'm not good with car computer tech. Thanks for your replies.
Old 4/7/08, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just had the recall fix done to my car and so far haven't had any issues with the tune. I did reflash the PCM back to the stock tune and put on the stock air box before having it done though. After it was performed I rechecked the calibration code before reinstalling the dyno tune and it was still the same.
Old 4/7/08, 07:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to read the new strategy code with the SCT and get Doug to send you new tunes based on that code. If you need your car before then you will have to get it to the Ford dealer and have the computer reflashed. Whenever you take your car to the dealer always check the strategy code to make sure they didn’t flash the computer.

Earl
Old 4/8/08, 09:02 AM
GTR Member

I am .not getting the recall done. I don't want those clowns screwing something up on me. Good luck w/ yours.
Old 4/8/08, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I am .not getting the recall done. I don't want those clowns screwing something up on me. Good luck w/ yours.

Hahaha +1... I have had the worst expirience with Ford's techs, even at the nicest of dealerships.
Old 4/8/08, 09:58 AM
TMS Legacy Member

Now I am debating the recall, don't want my performance tune messed up. My dealer did state that this should not effect the pcm. But now I am not so sure.
Old 4/8/08, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BEW119
Now I am debating the recall, don't want my performance tune messed up. My dealer did state that this should not effect the pcm. But now I am not so sure.
+1 on that! My car will never see anyone under 120lbs. anyway. IF I ever sell it that's when the recall will be done. no sooner! won't take that chance, no way, no how!
I know the recall doesn't impact that PCM part of computer, but Techs are people too, so never say never.
Old 4/8/08, 12:39 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys, just use your tuner to get the strategy, get the recall done, and verify that the strat's the same after the recall. If it's not, don't reflash, call B-speed, Bama, etc... right? What am I missing?
Old 4/8/08, 02:19 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Guys, just use your tuner to get the strategy, get the recall done, and verify that the strat's the same after the recall. If it's not, don't reflash, call B-speed, Bama, etc... right? What am I missing?
The tune is not the only thing I'm worried about. Last time they had my car a tech backed into the rear quarter panel and I did't see my car for a month
Old 4/8/08, 04:38 PM

I made the mistake of taking my 07 saleen in for recall.They flashed it lost all settings now car sits waiting for a reflash at saleen.BIG MISTAKE this will never happen again.Only oil changes to keep warranty in effect.
Old 4/8/08, 04:43 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
The tune is not the only thing I'm worried about. Last time they had my car a tech backed into the rear quarter panel and I did't see my car for a month
That's the exact reason I'll never set foot in Walker Ford (Clearwater) again. I was there getting my oil changed and watched a service tech back an F-250 into a pole, then pulled forward and got out. 5 mins later the owner comes out, gets in the drivers door and drives off no knowing what happened.
Old 4/8/08, 06:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by laboss1
I made the mistake of taking my 07 saleen in for recall.They flashed it lost all settings now car sits waiting for a reflash at saleen.BIG MISTAKE this will never happen again.Only oil changes to keep warranty in effect.
Was this for the airbag recall or something else? I have a Saleen and I'm kind of debating letting them mess with it because of something like this happening. I'd think they have more sense than to flash a car with a tune, but I guess they don't.
Old 4/8/08, 07:30 PM

Yes it was for the air bag recall.Never Never again!!
Old 4/8/08, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm scheduled to take mine in tomorrow afternoon for the airbag thingy.
Gonna call & cancel,as I'll not have any female in my pass side that meets the criteria.
I'm not real confident about my local small-town dealer here, they are NOT mod-friendly.
With my LT's & delete plates, I'm way past swapping out the stock airbox & reflashing back to stock.
Old 4/9/08, 03:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I ended up going in & having the recall done. But I talked with the service manager & tech both prior & made sure they wouldn't touch the PCM. They did me well & no updates to the PCM. Didn't hand them the keys until I was satisfied they would only update the RCM.

Nice GT-500 on the showroom floor, but they're not budging from their 10K ADM.
Old 4/10/08, 07:32 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Well, I ended up going in & having the recall done. But I talked with the service manager & tech both prior & made sure they wouldn't touch the PCM. They did me well & no updates to the PCM. Didn't hand them the keys until I was satisfied they would only update the RCM.

Nice GT-500 on the showroom floor, but they're not budging from their 10K ADM.
you are very brave
Old 4/10/08, 02:23 PM

i flashed mine back to stock, had the recall done in like 10 minutes... checked the strategy and it was the same as before. good suggestion is when you first get an intake with a tuner package, check the startegy, write it on a piece of paper and tape it to the back off the sct...ect. thats what i did, and it is easy to verify if the strategy is the same after every service is complete at the dealer.

Quick Reply: No start after airbag recall service performed on my car