GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

NEW PERFORMANCE BRAKES GROUP PURCHASE INTEREST?

Search this Thread

Old 10/25/05, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in testing some new brakes and I would like to see if there is any interest in a group purchase on a level 1 or level 2 package. This is just a survey to see if any members "might" be interested. These brakes will have a firmer pedal and reduce stopping distance. They are also supposed to address the "squeeky brake" your mustang might have.

StopTech High Performance Level 1 G/P price around $359
Front and rear Hawk pads
front and rear stainless lines
3 bottles Motul 600 brake fluid

StopTech High Performance Level 2 G/P price around $699
Sames as level 1 but includes front and rear StopTech slotted rotors

The company is http://www.stoptech.com/
Old 10/25/05, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

I would buy the stage two. I have been looking at power slot rotors anyway, this would end up a little cheaper with everything the StopTech kit includes. The rotars we would get would just be slotted correct. They show both as being available on their website, I wouldn't want the drilled and slotted rotors.
Old 10/25/05, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@October 25, 2005, 2:59 PM
I would buy the stage two. I have been looking at power slot rotors anyway, this would end up a little cheaper with everything the StopTech kit includes. The rotars we would get would just be slotted correct. They show both as being available on their website, I wouldn't want the drilled and slotted rotors.
As for rotors I am pretty sure we can get them how we want them.
Old 10/25/05, 03:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by BRENSPEED@October 25, 2005, 3:23 PM
As for rotors I am pretty sure we can get them how we want them.
Cool, I would want the rotors just slotted. Hopefully interest will be high in these and we can get the good deal.

BTW: Brent thanks for the great deal on the Zex kit, shipping was fast and the kit was flawless! I would but these brakes from you in a heartbeat.
Old 10/25/05, 03:33 PM
Cobra R Member

I would be interested if there are drilled available, have had the slotted, and wasnt that impressed. thanks
Old 10/27/05, 06:50 AM
GT Member

Could you add a stage 3 for doing a complete big brake upgrade?

Jason
Old 10/27/05, 09:15 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are they available for both the GT and V6 Mustang?
Old 10/27/05, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I plan on purchasing the StopTech Big Brake 4-Piston Kit. I'm going to post a writeup on the site.

Jon
Old 10/28/05, 08:06 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you test them, they will come
Old 10/28/05, 12:27 PM
I talk to cones.

I need new pads and would want some new fluid but I'm not allowed to have SS brake lines yet but I would probably go for level 1
Old 10/28/05, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll be adding Pads, Rotors, and SS lines in the next year. Probably sooner then later.
Would love to see some testing done.
Old 10/28/05, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

OK sounds good I will get a level 2 kit on the way Monday for testing. If they fit and function well I will create a GP. For those who can't get in on the GP I will keep them in stock for future purchase at the normal retail price or as low as we can sell them and maybe do another GP next year.

I will have to check on the V6, not sure off the top of my head if they will fit.
Old 10/31/05, 10:58 AM

I'm interested in the level 2. But maybe after christmas.
Old 11/2/05, 08:16 PM

Also interested in Level 2!
Old 11/3/05, 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not real familiar with brake upgrades;

1. So what is better about the SS line, other than the material it is made of.

2. What is the performance difference between Regular rotors, slotted, drill, and slotted and drilled.
Old 11/3/05, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I too am interested in better/bigger slotted rotors and better pads.

Being in Germany, I constantly drive high speeds, sudden braking from 120+mph, etc.

I always have a feel that the stocks are about to give out. I also hate they way the nose "Dives" under hard braking. A little too much for my taste.
Old 11/3/05, 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kluski@November 3, 2005, 11:47 AM

2. What is the performance difference between Regular rotors, slotted, drill, and slotted and drilled.
1. The SS lines wont flex as much as stock. This gives you a stiffer pedal feel and faster reaction when you hit the brakes.

2. Slotted or Drilled both use the edges of the cut to help wipe the pad face clean of debree. The edges also help bite the pads for a more aggressive stop. Add slots and drilled holes and you just get that much more of what I said above. Plain slotted or plain drilled would be fine for the street.

I checked on the V6 and was told the level 1 will fit fine. The level 2 front rotors will not fit the V6 but the V6 guys can still get a level 1 for improved pedal and performance.

Our sample of the level 2 has been requested. As soon as it arrives and we OK the package we will put together a GP.

Old 11/3/05, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Kluski@November 3, 2005, 1:47 PM

The stock Rubber lines expand everytime you hit the brake pedal, The SS lines don't expand as much so there is not as much play in the pedal. (the less the line expands the more fluid get to your brakes faster, the higher and firmer the pedal feels).

The idea behind the slotted and drill rotors is it releases the gas build up between the pad and the rotor face by giving the gas somewhere to go. It makes the pads grip better because there is no gas between the two surfaces. I wouldn't recommend drilled rotors though for street driving. They tend to stress crack because of the repeated heat cycles. (it's to bad becasue they sure do look cool).
Old 11/3/05, 04:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Interested in the stage 1; Couple of questions though. What kind of Hawk Pads are you using? HP or HP+? Also, can you make a kit without the rear pads. Rear pads don't make a difference and I personally wouldn't want them. I bet in our cars the fronts are responsible for 70% of the braking.
Old 11/4/05, 06:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by max2000jp@November 3, 2005, 5:38 PM
Interested in the stage 1; Couple of questions though. What kind of Hawk Pads are you using? HP or HP+? Also, can you make a kit without the rear pads. Rear pads don't make a difference and I personally wouldn't want them. I bet in our cars the fronts are responsible for 70% of the braking.
They are NOT the + pad. They are the HPS pad BUT as always I am flexible and can do the HP+ pads if somebody wanted them and wanted to pay the difference if there was one. As for just going with the front that is something else I am sure I can do but these come as "kits" which as anything in a package the price is reduced. I am pretty sure rear pads are around $65 or less so there is not a huge savings but still something I could work out for you.

I was told the level 2 package is in transit. I should have it here next week.

Quick Reply: NEW PERFORMANCE BRAKES GROUP PURCHASE INTEREST?