GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New Game, can you tell which dynorun is the JET TB

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/05, 06:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
darn thats a pretty crazy looking dyno sheet!
Old 11/22/05, 07:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Update: Getting a custome tune from Doug on Saturday, and trying it with and without the TBS, so we'll get another look to see if the TBS works or not. Doug might bring his LFP TB, to see how it does on a manual as well.
Old 11/23/05, 05:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Hatchman@November 22, 2005, 8:57 PM
Update: Getting a custome tune from Doug on Saturday, and trying it with and without the TBS, so we'll get another look to see if the TBS works or not. Doug might bring his LFP TB, to see how it does on a manual as well.

Hey guy,

I called and left you a message but I need to move up the dyno appointment so call me when you can.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/25/05, 09:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Hatchman@November 15, 2005, 8:32 AM
Interesting that this part showed no gains, when dozens of people have reported "seat of the pants" gains and less throttle lag, especially with the automatic.

Is there some way throttle response could be better without increasing horsepower/torque?

I trust Doug's work and believe his dyno results, just interesting. Placebo effect? I installed one in my ex's 05 auto GT, and I "thought" I could feel an effect on throttle lag.
People believe what they want no matter the proven results! I need to find one of them to purchase my beautiful machined throttle body I am no longer using. Three hundred plus shipping !!
Old 11/26/05, 07:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Bill,

I got one I'll sell you cheaper then new, the TB spacer that is, if you want to try it yourself.

There again I'm going to the dyno later today and I'll be trying out the TB spacer and possibly the LFP TB again on a manual car this time trying to still see if there maybe any type of gains. Truthfully I don't expect it.

thanks, Doug
Old 11/27/05, 06:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some mixed reviews on here about the Throttle Body Spacer. I installed it about 10 days ago, and there certainly was 'some' difference. Now, maybe it was all just the difference in the throttle lag, and not actually hp/torque gains that were causing the difference, I don't know. The difference came in normal city driving and mild interstate accelerating, but couldn't really tell any difference at WOT.

I added my C&L CAI and the SCT X2 tune last Monday, and what a difference those items make.

Now, what I am wondering is this. Could the TBS be beneficial to the stock intake, but not on the aftermarket CAI? I think that the TBS provides a small increase in power on the stock set-up, but is probably just redundant in any power /throttle lag gains when already benefiting from the CAI & Tuner?

It would be cool to see a...
stock intake vs. stock intake w/tbs dyno
retest the CAI/Tuner vs. CAI/Tuner/TBS to confirm previous testing

This way, we can see if it is strictly a mod for those not planning to spend $700+ for a CAI & Tuner, or a power adder for both stock & aftermarket intakes, or just a waste for everyone.

After having it on there for a few days before I did the tuner & CAI, it is just hard to believe that there is no difference on the dyno. But like I said above, maybe the difference was entirely reduced throttle lag, and not actual power increases.
Old 11/27/05, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by KWMJ-KTP@November 27, 2005, 8:54 AM
I installed it about 10 days ago, and there certainly was 'some' difference. Now, maybe it was all just the difference in the throttle lag, and not actually hp/torque gains that were causing the difference, I don't know.

After having it on there for a few days before I did the tuner & CAI, it is just hard to believe that there is no difference on the dyno. But like I said above, maybe the difference was entirely reduced throttle lag, and not actual power increases.
I think the Jet TBS makes a difference with less throttle lag, but makes no difference on the dyno. This is what I've experienced on two cars, both with JLT CAI's. I also can't tell any difference at WOT with it, which corresponds to my dyno results, whcih showed no gains, actually lost 1hp/tq with the TBS. But I could definitely feel less throttle lag on both cars after installing the TBS. This also goes along with what seems like 9 out of 10 people who install the TBS, who say they can feel a difference in throttle response.
Old 11/28/05, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Doug904@November 26, 2005, 8:20 AM
Hey Bill,

I got one I'll sell you cheaper then new, the TB spacer that is, if you want to try it yourself.

There again I'm going to the dyno later today and I'll be trying out the TB spacer and possibly the LFP TB again on a manual car this time trying to still see if there maybe any type of gains. Truthfully I don't expect it.

thanks, Doug
did u test this time with the manual yet?
Old 11/28/05, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by elvism@November 28, 2005, 9:26 PM
did u test this time with the manual yet?
Yes, we tested my manual Saturday night.

No gains on the dyno with the LFP TB or the Jet TBS.