GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New Exhaust for 2008 GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/08, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Exhaust for 2008 GT/CS

Just installed the Ford Racing Exhaust Kit, sounds pretty good. Eventually will go with a set of maybe Bassani's. But this is OK for now, at least no Drone so far. Here's a couple pic's before a Friend and I installed them.
Attached Thumbnails New Exhaust for 2008 GT/CS-fordracingexhaust2.jpg   New Exhaust for 2008 GT/CS-tipfordracing2.jpg  
Old 6/9/08, 10:10 PM

We've installed these on our car also. Love the sound. There is a bit of a drone when climbing hills. Overall- great.

A friend just had brola's installed at Carlisle. Same as the Ford racing system, without the Ford racing logo.
Old 6/10/08, 06:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Trollpainter
We've installed these on our car also. Love the sound. There is a bit of a drone when climbing hills. Overall- great.

A friend just had brola's installed at Carlisle. Same as the Ford racing system, without the Ford racing logo.
I thought they were the same as Borla's wasn't sure. Glad to hear someone likes them too.
Old 6/10/08, 06:25 AM
Cobra Member

Nice, I used to run them aswell but went with the Midmuffler system from Pypes.

I've NEVER heard of a Borla or FRPP kit that didnt Drone...?
Old 6/10/08, 02:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wldponi3
Just installed the Ford Racing Exhaust Kit, sounds pretty good. Eventually will go with a set of maybe Bassani's. But this is OK for now, at least no Drone so far. Here's a couple pic's before a Friend and I installed them.
Excellent choice......I also cut out the factory H-pipe and clamped on the FRPP X-pipe. I am very pleased with my FRPP exhaust SYSTEM.
Attached Thumbnails New Exhaust for 2008 GT/CS-08stang1.jpg  
Old 6/10/08, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How loud is the system compared to stock as you also have a vert like I do
Old 6/10/08, 05:30 PM

Slam......you've had the Ford Borla's and the Pypes ? Why did you go to the Pypes after the Ford Borla? Do you have any drone with the Pypes? I'm looking at both exhausts for my 08 GT/CS.............its WAY too quiet !
Old 6/11/08, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Myself and SONICBOOST both had the Stingers and switched to the Pypes Midmuffler system.

I mostly switched just to change things up a little, and I am 99.9% pleased! The sound the MM makes at wide open throttle can be best described as a pissed off nascar/muscle roar that is sure to anger the neighbors-- while I always felt the Stingers lacked grunt up top. The only thing that I miss about the Stingers is the burble on deacceleration and how deep the system was in general, but this judgement could be flawed due to the fact that I was running an H (DEEP Muscle Tone) with the Stingers and am now running an X (Raspy, Race Tone) with the Midmufflers.

I am pondering going with a Hiflo catted Prochamber to compliment the LTs and Midmuffler setup, to revive some of the deep/bass and am expecting it to sound like SEX...
Old 6/12/08, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MR-STANG
How loud is the system compared to stock as you also have a vert like I do
Compared to the Stock it is a heck of a lot Louder and Better, I love the Rumble I hear especially with the Vert Top down. I get alot of Thumbs Up from everyone now when I pull into Shows.
Now just to let you know there is a slight Drone, but nothing that bad.
Old 6/13/08, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

I read a lot of the exhaust threads on here and I'm a little confused about something. Are the Ford FRPP, Borla Stingers, and GTA the same thing? I've thought of upgrading my exhaust myself, and it seems the Ford FRPP are the way to go, but I've always heard good things about Borla. Are they really the same thing?
Old 6/14/08, 05:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BossDawg
I read a lot of the exhaust threads on here and I'm a little confused about something. Are the Ford FRPP, Borla Stingers, and GTA the same thing? I've thought of upgrading my exhaust myself, and it seems the Ford FRPP are the way to go, but I've always heard good things about Borla. Are they really the same thing?
Roush and FRPP stingers are the same as Borlas.The GTA's are more like a stock axle back but very throaty on w.o.t. I traded my FRPP Stingers for a pair of GTA's. The Stingers reminded me of a pair of cherry bombs without headers and a cam.
Old 6/15/08, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Poco
Roush and FRPP stingers are the same as Borlas.The GTA's are more like a stock axle back but very throaty on w.o.t. I traded my FRPP Stingers for a pair of GTA's. The Stingers reminded me of a pair of cherry bombs without headers and a cam.
Roush Mufflers are not all created equal...Roush Off Roads are the same as FRPP Type S and Borla Stingers but the regular Stock Roush mufflers are not.
Old 6/15/08, 06:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Roush Mufflers are not all created equal...Roush Off Roads are the same as FRPP Type S and Borla Stingers but the regular Stock Roush mufflers are not.
I meant the Steeda's,not Roush ...big woops! So many axle back's to remember.

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_gt_cat_back.php

Last edited by Poco; 6/15/08 at 06:07 PM.
Old 6/16/08, 12:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Myself and SONICBOOST both had the Stingers and switched to the Pypes Midmuffler system.

I mostly switched just to change things up a little, and I am 99.9% pleased! The sound the MM makes at wide open throttle can be best described as a pissed off nascar/muscle roar that is sure to anger the neighbors-- while I always felt the Stingers lacked grunt up top. The only thing that I miss about the Stingers is the burble on deacceleration and how deep the system was in general, but this judgement could be flawed due to the fact that I was running an H (DEEP Muscle Tone) with the Stingers and am now running an X (Raspy, Race Tone) with the Midmufflers.

I am pondering going with a Hiflo catted Prochamber to compliment the LTs and Midmuffler setup, to revive some of the deep/bass and am expecting it to sound like SEX...
I agree with Matt. The stingers were good but the PMM is great! I was convinced that the stingers were the best sounding exhaust for our cars but the sound the PMM makes espically in the upper rpm's is amazing (deep muslce car pissed off roar!). Even the idle is perfect. Mine still have that burble on decel but that could be from the prochamber. They do not drone when compared to most exhaust out there./. Why be good when you can be great
Old 6/16/08, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Are the PMM the same as the "66" series in this link?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtwip.htm#3
Old 6/16/08, 07:08 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered mine from rpmoutlet. The description is the same except mine did not say "66".
Old 6/17/08, 02:55 PM

I have that axle back. I really like it. I ended up with a Magnaflow catted X in front of it and it sounds pretty slick.
Old 6/25/08, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

Thats it.
Old 6/25/08, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wldponi3
Just installed my FRPP's yesterday. Love them! They do have some drone, especially on hills, but not severe.