GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New axel-back exhaust going on today!

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/08 | 07:48 AM
Den
GT Member

New axel-back exhaust going on today!

All I have to say is Jegs is awsome. I had the Ford racing GTAs on my car all winter and the tips started rusting away. I sent am email to Jegs saying I was disappointed in the quality of the GTAs and asked if they would exchange my used GTAs for a Ford Racing m-5230-5gta kit. They said "no problem" and all I had to do was pay them the difference. Get this - They even price matched both parts so I only ended up paying an additional $139 to get into the m-5230-5gts. I payed a total of 399.99 for the new mufflers. The install is happening today. I cant wait to hear them!
Old 4/12/08 | 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

awsome!! hope you like'em.
Old 4/12/08 | 07:03 PM
Den
GT Member

Got them on and loving it! I was so afraid of the kit being to loud. They are perfect. Going down the highway I have no problem listening to the radio or talking on the blue-tooth. I'd say I could have a conversation w/o even having to raise my voice at all. Sure you can hear them hum a little (on the highway) but its not bad at all. Without a doubt I feel a power increase. I can feel some low end grunt for sure. The roads are wet today and it kept breaking the tires loose going into 2nd gear (just driving normal). This never really happened before. Seems like it revs up faster too. I'm in love with the sound.

Seriously if you want to be quiet with these mufflers you can. Just shift low and your good to go. If you want to have fun let it wind up a little and it sounds awesome!

I'd say they are a tad less noisy than a stock 5.0 fox w/ 2 chamber flowmasters but w/ less drone on the highway.

Den