GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New to this

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/12, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to this

Hi im new to this and have a quick question i don't know if it's a stupid question or not but I'm going to ask it anyway.... I have a 2007 gt and I recently put in a airaid cold air intake and a custom bama race tune from American muscle... I'm wondering if in the future I decide to slap on a supercharger will the cold air intake have to be taken off or will the cold air intake stay on the car with the supercharger???
Old 9/18/12, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It would most likely depend on the type of supercharger you put on, but I wouldn't worry about not using it, because the small amount of horsepower you gain from the cold air system would be made up for by multiple times from the blower.
Old 9/18/12, 03:56 PM

which type of supercharger can you use with the cold air intake?
Old 9/18/12, 03:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty sure you'll loose the CAI but with the blower a pretty good cone filter should be included.
Old 9/18/12, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're not going to find a lot of superchargers that will have the stock throttle body placement because on a roots type, that's where the pulley is going to go. And holding out for one that did will probably cost more - I think Saleen had one that used the stock position but it seems to be discontinued.

I'd advise just selling the CAI if you go FI - the parts selling forum is pretty active so you shouldn't have a problem finding a buyer.

Last edited by Agent MOO; 9/18/12 at 07:46 PM.
Old 9/19/12, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kochieey
Hi im new to this and have a quick question i don't know if it's a stupid question or not but I'm going to ask it anyway.... I have a 2007 gt and I recently put in a airaid cold air intake and a custom bama race tune from American muscle... I'm wondering if in the future I decide to slap on a supercharger will the cold air intake have to be taken off or will the cold air intake stay on the car with the supercharger???
Kochieey,

This is not a dumb question at all. When purchasing a blower almost every kit comes with an intake that will work with the kit. Because both Roots and centrifugal style blowers will have a different and angle for the Intake. The GT500 CAI will usually fit with a Roots style blower car.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Dan
Old 9/19/12, 10:31 AM

Thanks