GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

need help now! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/05, 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday after hitting a great 90 degree corner at reasonably high speed (darn I love my Eibach Springs) my Engine Light came on. Car seemed to be running fine, but there it was. I was about 2 blocks from home so home I went.

I bought the car about 1 month ago and was told by the guy I bought it from that it had the predator 91 octane tune installed. Tuner came with the car.

First I Checked Oil

Second I reclicked the gas cap.

Third I hooked up my predator (never used one of these before) went to diagnostics and looked for check error codes. It said none were present and yet..... light is still on. I also hit clear codes......Nada Still on.

Please help the retarded (that would be me) What next! Sitting by my computer waiting.
Old 12/14/05, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

The tune could be causing it. I would start by restoring the original tune from the tuning device.

Are there any other mods besides the springs?

Mike E
Old 12/14/05, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mikeelia@December 14, 2005, 10:30 AM
The tune could be causing it. I would start by restoring the original tune from the tuning device.

Are there any other mods besides the springs?

Mike E
SLP LOUDMOUTHS & 91 octane tune. That's it. I have about 1000 miles on it and no problem.
Old 12/14/05, 09:36 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

If the tuner found no error codes stored in the computer, then it's possible that there's a problem either with the CEL or its circuitry.
Old 12/14/05, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

ULTIMATELY, is it likely safe to drive the car.

Also if I should decide to take it to the shop. What is the procedure before taking the car there for service "possibly covered under warrentee"
Old 12/14/05, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

Just found a thread from DEEPPURPLE with a similar situation, seems disconnecting the negative battery cable for a while might clear things, so I'll give it a shot, then see if it occurs again. I am ofcourse open to ideas from people who unlike me have a clue.

THANKS to everyone who has offered advice so far.
Old 12/14/05, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Doing the battery disconnect thing is a good idea: Usually the dealers start with that to clear any "false" codes...

A good friend of mine who was a tech at a Lincoln dealership always told me "drive it 'til you get a no start, THEN we can find the problem" <chuckle>

Mike E
Old 12/14/05, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

OK I had decided to disconnet the negative battery cable for 10 min to reset things and see if it happens again. But first for good measure I decided to run diagnostics with my predator again. This time we have ERROR CODES:

P0579 CRUISE CONTROL multifunction input A circuit

P2106 Throttle Actuator system forced limited power

P2135 THROTTLE/PEDAL Position sensor switch A/B voltage

so wtf.... I think I'm going to try to get ahold of diablosport and see if they can be of any assistance.

any advice would be helpful.
Old 12/14/05, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Hey, at least you are getting codes. I have a CEL and my Predator says that there are no trouble codes.
Old 12/14/05, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

hawgman,

I also started with NO Error Codes. A second check found plenty.....
Old 12/14/05, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

After talking with a buddy who runs a local dyno shop. We decided there was a pretty good chance it was a glitch and not real error.

He said it sounded to him like basically it was saying it didn't know where the throttle was therefore cruise control didn't work and it would put itself in limp home mode. I took it around the block and cruise worked fine. Also it was definately not limping home.

So I disconnected the negative battery post for 15 minutes and reconnected. Voila... No More Engine light. Ran around the block fine. We shall see!
Old 5/31/15, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by eric n
OK I had decided to disconnet the negative battery cable for 10 min to reset things and see if it happens again. But first for good measure I decided to run diagnostics with my predator again. This time we have ERROR CODES:

P0579 CRUISE CONTROL multifunction input A circuit

P2106 Throttle Actuator system forced limited power

P2135 THROTTLE/PEDAL Position sensor switch A/B voltage

so wtf.... I think I'm going to try to get ahold of diablosport and see if they can be of any assistance.

any advice would be helpful.
I just got the exact same error codes on my 2005 V6 Convertible. Did you ever get information on how to correct the problem? I suspect its the Throttle/Pedal sensor, but sure would like to see if someone else corrected the problem otherwise.