GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need help with DiabloSport C&L tune

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/05, 06:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tmcolegr@April 15, 2005, 7:52 PM
I have installed the r14 Release Revision with the C&L CAI Custom Tune that Cole sent me yesterday and it works fine. I have been driving the vehicle for 2 days with no issues. Just as a test I sent my wife for a drive and didn't tell her of any of the issues that I had. She has made no mention of any problems.

My problem after Cole sent me the new C&L CAI Custom Tune was that until the new version of DS Downloader was released today the Custom Tune was not able to be modified after initial installation for the 4.10 gears.

Now I can go back and do everything over one more time with the new version of DS Downloader to make the new tune modifiable for 4.10 gears.

For what it's worth I believe the Custom Tunes previously available online weren't compatible with r14 Release Revision. That's why they currently are not available. I'm sure new tunes will be available online soon that will work with r14. All Custom Tunes were removed from the website after the new Release Revisions. Keep in mind that is just my opinion. Seems to make sense though.
Thanks for your help. It sounds like I need to get into contact with Cole and get an R14 friendly C&L tune along with downloading the new DS downloader. You noticed no hesitation or missing with the new tune? I hope this truely solves my problem.
Old 4/15/05, 07:23 PM
GT Member

this is the one cole emailed ;cand_fbjr3g5.frg(kb938) cars fast and pulls real hard .but when going to make parameters changes,(invalid license)flashed up .will not let me make changes. have to call cole monday to unlock the tuner.
Old 4/15/05, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You obviously have the old DS Downloader 1,0,1,0 version. That is the exact problem I had when trying to change gear ratios. That is one of the problems with the old version - locks up the tool when trying to modify parameters after initial installation. Remove the old version and download new version 1,2,6,0. Call Cole Monday to unlock the tool and start over again.

The problem is not with the tune it is the old version of DS Downloader. I have the new tune for CALID FBHR2G4 that is compatible with r14.
Old 4/15/05, 07:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@April 15, 2005, 8:31 PM
You obviously have the old DS Downloader 1,0,1,0 version. That is one of the problems with the old version - locks up the tool. Remove the old version and download new version 1,2,6,0. That is the exact problem I had when trying to change gear ratios. The problem is not with the tune. I have the new tune for CALID FBHR2G4 that is compatible withr14.
Hmm....I wonder what would happen if I installed the tune that Scott sent me last week with the new Downloader. I bet it would work, given your theory that it's simply the software that causes issues when downloading the tune into the ECU.
Old 4/15/05, 07:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by black gt 2005@April 15, 2005, 8:26 PM
this is the one cole emailed ;cand_fbjr3g5.frg(kb938) cars fast and pulls real hard .but when going to make parameters changes,(invalid license)flashed up .will not let me make changes. have to call cole monday to unlock the tuner.

is the C&L after the numbers? Example per mine: fbjr3g5_C&L.frg. That is the tune that Scott sent me. I think we solved the problem here guys, with most of the credit going to tmcolegr.
Old 4/15/05, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Be very careful about installing old tunes. I believe that is why they aren't on the website anymore. Even the test tune Scott sent me only 2 weeks ago resulted in the SES light coming on. Cole had me delete all previous C&L CAI Custom Tunes that had previously been sent to me.

There can be 2 separate issue: Tunes which are incompatible with r14 and the seperate issue of the old DS Downloader program. I suggest you install the new version of DS Downloader and then wait until Monday until you speak with Cole to find out if your tune is compatible with r14.

I know the weekend is here and everyone wants to play. Be careful though!!
Old 4/15/05, 07:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@April 15, 2005, 8:44 PM
Be very careful about installing old tunes. I believe that is why they aren't on the website anymore. Even the test tune Scott sent me only 2 weeks ago resulted in the SES light coming on. There can be 2 separate issue: Tunes which are incompatible with r14 and the seperate issue of the old DS Downloader program. I suggest you install the new version of DS Downloader and then wait until Monday until you speak with Cole to find out if your tune is compatible with r14.

I know the weekend is here and everyone wants to play. Be careful though!!
I am going to be patient and not fool around until I get in touch with Cole again. I pulled 3 codes earlier and it was a wake up call not to touch anything. The new version of DS downloader is installed and waiting. Agian, I wouldn't touch anything until you DL the new downloader and install the new R14 tune which Cole will send you.

Thanks for your help!!!!
Old 4/18/05, 04:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Update:

Cole sent me a new tune and it works great. The problem was the old version of the DS downloader. ***Do not use the old version, since it has an apparent bug in the software. ***

Thanks tmcolegr and somewhatdamaged!!
Old 4/19/05, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was sure Cole would resolve your problems.