GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

My Opinion of JLT

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/05, 06:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMS Members,
I am apologizing to all members who feel my comments and/or opinions have in some way hindered your ability to resolve any issues you have with the JLT. I will even go so far as to agree that my post was not helpful in getting the JLT problems resolved. As such, I will reframe from any further comment in any thread concerning the JLT. Having said that, I still have issues with the way this manufacturer as gone about promoting his product. If you would like to comment on either side of that issue, then you are more than welcome to do so in this thread. I would request that we at least attempt to stay away from name calling.

Moderators,
I am starting this thread so we can separate my issues with the JLT from those of the other members. That way the other members can get their problems resolved without interference from me. This also will give other members a chance to voice their opinion on this debate. I would request that you do not move the thread because it does after all pertain to a performance product. Thank you.

Jay,
I always intended to point out the technical problems with the your product by asking you technical questions and challenging the accuracy of the data you presented. In addition, I have voiced my opinion on the engineering content of your product and how I believed your product was not ready to be released to the public. Rather than responding on a professional level, you chose to resort to name calling. By referring to me as an “idiot” you are attempting to make it into a personal mater and I am not willing to accommodate you in that respect.

But, prior to your latest editing of your posts, you challenged me to a CENSORED contest or maybe, a "liquid waste product match". Great I accept your challenge. I see no reason why we can not have a civilized debate on the relative merits of your product development and promotion plan. But I would ask you to observe one rule of engagement. Once something is posted, no going back latter, after seeing the reaction by others, and editing your post. Fair enough?

The Boss Hog

PS: That was really a clever emoticon you had in your post and really set the tone of the challenge. Why did you remove it?
Old 3/21/05, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well BOSS you are welcome to your opnion.

It seems we see things different and that's OK. Even from the very first post we have not understood each other's typing, o well.

You 2 pushed me to a breaking point last night and I snapped. Easy as that. I'm man enough to admit it.
Poke the dog with the stick too many times and what happens?

Is is professional of me to lash out?? NO, but it get's old taking it all the time from the same people.

I was only trying to help everyone with there small issue. If you read all posts things were going fine. We were getting the people fixed with mearly a change in tightening sequence. Not really as big a deal as it seemed it might have been. Then you 2 feel the need to jump in and start it up all over again.

Now I'm sure you see things different then I do, but that just proves were 2 different people.

I edited my posts as I did realise it was wrong of me to not control my out burst and I should have just ignored you. It's hard for me to do that.

I have great confidence in JLT and it abilty to perform on the 05 GT's. This small issue has been fixed and I will be posting about it later.

So in ending, I hope you and the members here can accept my deep apologize for the out burst I made at you BOSS and VEGASJAY.
It WILL NEVER happen again. I will be doing my best to post valuable info and answer questions, I will not respond to stabs at me or my product anymore!
Old 3/21/05, 07:21 AM
Cobra R Member

I suspect that folks will be partisan on an issue if they have shelled out the cash for some item. People know what I bought. This said, if one can save some cash and get a reasonable product, that will be a big draw. Capitalism is great!

It has been very interesting watching this unfold on this forum. But, like all other things, it will pass. The next product, or the next model of Mustang will change our focus.

One thing will remain. If we meet other Mustangers at an event or on the road, we will be impressed that the the car owner has chose to improve their vehicle and make it more to their individual liking. In other words, we will appreciate the effort because it advances our cause, as a Mustang enthusiest, and every one wins.

And remember, no matter what, your mom still loves you, I think...

Just my 2 cents...
Old 3/21/05, 08:14 AM
Cobra Member

Well my opinion is this:

A moderator is "flagged" with privileges to stop this type of bickering ... I would suspect if any others had done this, a moderator would have locked the thread or asked them to do it in email.

I would just like to ask that the moderators use their privileges to lock the thread, move it to another location, etc. in the future.

I have read others say, and I personally, visit this forum because of the maturely level and helpfulness of its members. I would hate the forum to go turn into some of the 'unmentioned' forums because of bickering.

-Bryan
Old 3/21/05, 08:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Can't believe that this thread is going now as well...What more needs to be said that hasn't taken up 10 pages on another thread? Seems the issues between those who don't have the JLT and Jay himself just can't be put to bed.....Why not? Seems crazy to open a new thread in order to re-hash all of this and attempt to get more people flustered to throw gas on this fire...Can't fathom why this needs to take place...First couple of paragraphs of Boss's original post here were fine as they were directed at other members. The second half is all directed at Jay and should be done privately...Nobody wants to have to read through all this mudslinging between the two of you, and any comments that people had about JLT one way or the other, could have been said and addressed in the old thread.....it's gone too far at this point....

John
Old 3/21/05, 08:43 AM
Cobra Member

John and Bryan - gotta agree with you No flame intended at anyone - but this horse has been beaten dead....please will a moderater lock this thread??
Old 3/21/05, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I second that.
Old 3/21/05, 09:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by tx2005gt@March 21, 2005, 9:47 AM
I second that.
Agreed.

Boss, hopefully my words on the other thread didn't insult you in any way. I was just sick of the bickering as well. IMO, Jay did do his homework and never had CEL issues. How many 05s should he have put the kit on to say "Ok enough R&D". Look at the problems our 05s are having from the factory . . just the nature of the beast I guess. New products = new problems. We just need to communicate and find a fix. From the looks of it we have . . .

Adam
Old 3/21/05, 10:28 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by swingle007@March 21, 2005, 9:35 AM
Can't believe that this thread is going now as well...What more needs to be said that hasn't taken up 10 pages on another thread? Seems the issues between those who don't have the JLT and Jay himself just can't be put to bed.....Why not? Seems crazy to open a new thread in order to re-hash all of this and attempt to get more people flustered to throw gas on this fire...Can't fathom why this needs to take place...First couple of paragraphs of Boss's original post here were fine as they were directed at other members. The second half is all directed at Jay and should be done privately...Nobody wants to have to read through all this mudslinging between the two of you, and any comments that people had about JLT one way or the other, could have been said and addressed in the old thread.....it's gone too far at this point....

John

I'm with you Swingle.
Old 3/21/05, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you, gentlemen.
Old 3/21/05, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree, I ordered my JLT intake late last week and am expecting it some time this week. I would love to be able to go to a JLT CAI thread to get technical info or just talk about the product. I personally don't want read about mudsligning between TMS members.

From the sounds of the first two threads, lets hope this is through.
Old 3/21/05, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh yeah, GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3/21/05, 12:49 PM
Jim

I've read all the posts about these intakes and had a question develop.
JLT (Jay) can answer this too. If you make a intake that improve air flow and then tune for the increase how can that tune work on all combinations. It seems to me some of these check engine condition are happening on cars that have other stuff installed besides JLT's. In that case don't you need to get a custom tune to account for ALL modifications?

In other words if the JLT tune works on a stock GT, and accounts for the intakes increased airflow won't the tune be off if you then add headers, exhaust, or anything else that unbalances the fue/air mixture.

Thanks for any input as I'm trying to understand this.

Jim
Old 3/21/05, 01:41 PM
GT Member

Ideally, everyone should get a custom tune, and retune after each mod (I know that isn't feasible).

However, for most bolt-on mods, including exhaust (maybe excluding headers), the increase in flow is not substantial enough to trigger the CEL, or "unbalance" the A/F mixture. But a CAI does increase the airflow to a point that you'll lean your car out without a tune.

The other mods just aren't significant enough to require a new tune.
Old 3/21/05, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by loudog@March 21, 2005, 2:44 PM
Ideally, everyone should get a custom tune, and retune after each mod (I know that isn't feasible).

However, for most bolt-on mods, including exhaust (maybe excluding headers), the increase in flow is not substantial enough to trigger the CEL, or "unbalance" the A/F mixture. But a CAI does increase the airflow to a point that you'll lean your car out without a tune.

The other mods just aren't significant enough to require a new tune.
Thanks Loudog - I had wondered about that as well - not just with the JLT but if you are buying a tune with any mod - how well does it take into account other combinations of mods a person may have....I'm sure they get you close - but that's why I plan on taking mine to an SCT Tune shop once I have all the mods installed - just to be sure and (of course) to see if it can be "tweeked" a bit further.
Old 3/22/05, 03:32 AM
Bullitt Member

man, I leave the Forum for a few days and all h#$% breaks loose! what did I miss? guess Ill have to go back to the old JLT forums and read up.