GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

My Color and other options

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/05, 06:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few questions hopefully some of you could help me with about some of the '05 options. Does anyone who ordered the Interior Upgrade Package or purchaced an '05 with the Interior Upgrade Package actually have the MyColor part of the package or whats the deal with it? If so, how many actuall different colors does it realy have not just shades and is it worth it? What exactly is the active anti-theft system, is it just an upgraded alarm? If so, does the car come with a normal alarm if you dont get that option? Finally, what does that message center do anyhow? I'm just trying to get an idea as to what options to order my '05 with.

Thank you all for your help in advance.
Old 3/27/05, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mustang68w@March 27, 2005, 7:19 PM
I have a few questions hopefully some of you could help me with about some of the '05 options. Does anyone who ordered the Interior Upgrade Package or purchaced an '05 with the Interior Upgrade Package actually have the MyColor part of the package or whats the deal with it? If so, how many actuall different colors does it realy have not just shades and is it worth it? What exactly is the active anti-theft system, is it just an upgraded alarm? If so, does the car come with a normal alarm if you dont get that option? Finally, what does that message center do anyhow? I'm just trying to get an idea as to what options to order my '05 with.

I have an '05 GT Preimum with the IUP and My Color....it's nice and I would order it. I tend to want my cars fully loaded - makes them more fun to enjoy over the years and you forget the price pretty quickly - but have the enjoyment as long as you own the car......also helps with resale value to have a loaded vs. stripped model. The only options I didn't get were the auto tranny, Shaker 1000 and active alarm....if I would have ordered this GT, I would have gotten the active alarm as I like the Global window up/down feature and miss the factory alarm my LS had. Personally, based on my experience with the Shaker 500 and Ford factory stereo's in general - I 'd forgo the extra $$'s for the Shaker 1000 and get a 4 channel amp and better speakers instead....factory stuff is pretty low grade quality....you'd probably still have enough left to get a powered sub for the trunk if that's your thing....
Old 3/27/05, 06:40 PM
Cobra Member

The MyColor option is required to get the Interior upgrade package, so if you like the red and dark charcoal seats, this is the only way to get them. Supposedly, there are 125 shades available with the MyColor option, but I hear some of them look very similar.

I know the active anti-theft has a separate motion sensor in case someone sticks their hand inside your car with the window down. It also has a battery with more amps and a separate siren. The global window up and down feature comes with it, but some portions of the system have been deactiveated due to problems. I don't think the car has an alarm, but it does have the chip encoded keys to help prevent theft.

The message center displays miles to empty, gas mileage, and other diagnostic info. If you don't get the MyColor option, you loose the volt meter and the oil pressure gauges, and the message center. The IUP package is a good deal if you like the aluminum dash look.

I'd download a copy of the sales brochure and the owner's manual from this website for more specifics.
Old 3/27/05, 06:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

So does it not have a stock alarm then, and whats Global window up/down? How many colors do you get with that mycolor? Anything I should know on the message center?

I have a brochue from a dealership, but it just lists the options it doesn't give any real explanations or detail into these options.
Old 3/27/05, 07:03 PM
Cobra Member

There is a list of all the 125 colors you can get and the settings for them, but if you think about it, many are just shade variations of other colors. I would imagine basic colors like, pink, red, blue, green, purple, white, orange, etc. would be enough for most peple to choose from. One thing to note, is the radio still has a green display regardless of what you change the instrument panel too, if that's important to you.

There is a feature on the key fob that allows you to lower the windows from it, if you have the active alarm. I think the ability to either raise or lower the windows from the key cylinder is where the problem was. Ford's solution was to turn this part off. Try doing some searches for the this topic, and you can find more details.

I'd download the owner's manual from this website. It describes the message center's operation.
Old 3/27/05, 07:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Do you by chance have the link for the owners manual by chance or know where I can find it?
Old 3/27/05, 07:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

[quote=lodom,March 27, 2005, 7:43 PM]

I know the active anti-theft has a separate motion sensor in case someone sticks their hand inside your car with the window down. It also has a battery with more amps and a separate siren. The global window up and down feature comes with it, but some portions of the system have been deactiveated due to problems. I don't think the car has an alarm, but it does have the chip encoded keys to help prevent theft.

I know the brochures say there is a separate siren, but I've read lots of posts here where nobody can find one. Is that still the case? Can someone that already has their car, clarify this? Thanks in advance!
Old 3/27/05, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustang68w@March 27, 2005, 8:19 PM

Here's your answers:

1) MyColor is part of IUP. Can't get it any other way. Can't get IUP without it.

2) If Ford says MyColor has 125 different colors, then I won't dispute that. There are 6 basic preset colors that you can flip through. The other 119 colors are all hues between the 6 basic colors. Is MyColor worth it? Well that's hard to say, because you can't buy MyColor without getting the rest of the IUP package.

I will say that in my case, I wanted IUP because of the aluminum dash trim and the message center, and I didn't really care about the MyColor part. But since MyColor is there, I have played with it, and probably will change the color every now and then just for the sake of change and because I can.

The message center is nice, but I would have liked it better if: a) it was standard; and B) it displayed the actual instantaneous MPG (the bar chart showing fuel economy is weak, and basically only seems to reflect throttle position)

3) Active anti-theft option versus Passive anti-theft: Securilock passive anti-theft is standard. The keys have a chip in them that must be present to start the vehicle, so a copy of the key will not work. The active anti-theft option monitors the doors, hood, trunk, and vehicle motion. If someone tries to break into the car, jack up the car, or tow the car, the inside and outside lights flash and the security siren sounds.

Does that answer your questions?
Old 3/28/05, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by wjones14+March 27, 2005, 8:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wjones14 @ March 27, 2005, 8:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mustang68w@March 27, 2005, 8:19 PM

Here's your answers:

1) MyColor is part of IUP. Can't get it any other way. Can't get IUP without it.

2) If Ford says MyColor has 125 different colors, then I won't dispute that. There are 6 basic preset colors that you can flip through. The other 119 colors are all hues between the 6 basic colors. Is MyColor worth it? Well that's hard to say, because you can't buy MyColor without getting the rest of the IUP package.

I will say that in my case, I wanted IUP because of the aluminum dash trim and the message center, and I didn't really care about the MyColor part. But since MyColor is there, I have played with it, and probably will change the color every now and then just for the sake of change and because I can.

The message center is nice, but I would have liked it better if: a) it was standard; and B) it displayed the actual instantaneous MPG (the bar chart showing fuel economy is weak, and basically only seems to reflect throttle position)

3) Active anti-theft option versus Passive anti-theft: Securilock passive anti-theft is standard. The keys have a chip in them that must be present to start the vehicle, so a copy of the key will not work. The active anti-theft option monitors the doors, hood, trunk, and vehicle motion. If someone tries to break into the car, jack up the car, or tow the car, the inside and outside lights flash and the security siren sounds.

Does that answer your questions?
[/b][/quote]

Yes that answers all my questions thank you all very much for your help
Old 3/28/05, 01:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well depends on if you are a man or a woman, a woman would say there are 125 different colors, a man would say 8.
Old 3/28/05, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by holderca1@March 28, 2005, 1:49 PM
Well depends on if you are a man or a woman, a woman would say there are 125 different colors, a man would say 8.
Good point!!!! I like your thinking
Old 3/30/05, 05:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you want to get your instant fuel mileage just push the "reset" button while driving and in the "average mileage" reading. It will start averaging again and just drive a couple miles and watch. The computer monitors the amount of fuel going to the engine v.s. the distance traveled so it should be accurate. As far as the 125 colors it's 5x5x5 = 125. There are 3 colors red, blue, green and 5 setting of each to choose 1-5 on a scale of intensity for each. Not sure if the preset colors can be matched exactly or not. It's pretty bright using the 1-1-5 setting on mine.