Old 2/23/07, 12:53 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds pretty good overall.
Old 2/23/07, 02:48 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed my GTA's Tuesday and I love them.

They are a little louder than stock at idle, they have a nice burble to them. Very quite while cruising and when you step on it they sound NICE.

Although it may just be the placebo effect throttle response and acceleration feel a little smoother as well.

Heck for looks alone they are worth it, you cant go wrong with these mufflers.

B.T.W. I still have the stock H pipe, I may go X but haven't decided yet.
Old 2/23/07, 06:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Also be aware the GTA's will deepen a bit as they get some miles on them. I can easily hear mine @ cruise with the windows up now.When they were new,it didn't sound any louder than stock @ cruise.
Overall, I like the deeper tone & the slight increase in sound with the GTA's. Much improved over stock IMO,
but not too loud & best part; NO drone.
Old 2/24/07, 08:29 AM
GT Member

Aircare hit it perfectly...you can hear them at cruise, especially @ about 65mph in 5th....downshift to 4th, exhaust note (not a drone) is gone....or take her up to 75+, smooth as can be.

Even though mine had some mileage on them (came off a wrecked Hertz Shelby) they have become louder with time.
Old 2/24/07, 09:25 PM

I really love the sound clips of the GTA's. I see Ninosport has them for $279. Sorry for the dumb question but is that price for the pair or just one? I have 2005 GT.
Old 2/25/07, 05:51 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver Stang
I really love the sound clips of the GTA's. I see Ninosport has them for $279. Sorry for the dumb question but is that price for the pair or just one? I have 2005 GT.
The pair.
Old 2/25/07, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I've got a pair of stock mufflers with only 200 miles on em if anyone is interested. Seriously though, I've been a TMS junkie for about 3 months now, (ever since I ordered my car), much to my wife's chagrin. The result is that I had my GTA's waiting here at home before I even got the car. Love em. As was stated, the look of the tips and the non-drone is what did it for me. Still haven't decided yet weather to mate up the X-pipe (like the Shelby), but I probably will. Good Driving, Carl
Old 2/26/07, 07:56 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Originally Posted by TBone69
Just installed my GTA's Tuesday and I love them.

They are a little louder than stock at idle, they have a nice burble to them. Very quite while cruising and when you step on it they sound NICE.

Although it may just be the placebo effect throttle response and acceleration feel a little smoother as well.

Heck for looks alone they are worth it, you cant go wrong with these mufflers.

B.T.W. I still have the stock H pipe, I may go X but haven't decided yet.
TBone69, I would really think twice before going with an X-pipe ? from my understanding chambered mufflers such as Flowmasters, Dynomax, Stock and especially the GTA's are best suited with either the stock H or off road H pipe if your looking for that deeper louder sound otherwise, if you pair them up with an X ? you're going to end up with a higher pitched tinny sound instead, so just thought I'd give you a heads up just in case
Old 2/26/07, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crucut
I've got a pair of stock mufflers with only 200 miles on em if anyone is interested. Seriously though, I've been a TMS junkie for about 3 months now, (ever since I ordered my car), much to my wife's chagrin. The result is that I had my GTA's waiting here at home before I even got the car. Love em. As was stated, the look of the tips and the non-drone is what did it for me. Still haven't decided yet weather to mate up the X-pipe (like the Shelby), but I probably will. Good Driving, Carl
Your right! the 2007 Shelby GT and the 2006 Hertz GTH both run the X-pipe and GTA's there are a few sound clips around of that set up! I'm running GTA's I think going run the O/R Pro Chamber with them!
Old 2/26/07, 08:55 PM
GT Member

At this point I am very pleased with the sound and may just leave well enough alone.

I can't wait till the warm window down cruising. The mufflers sound real nice going thru the Holland Tunnel
Old 2/26/07, 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
TBone69, I would really think twice before going with an X-pipe ? from my understanding chambered mufflers such as Flowmasters, Dynomax, Stock and especially the GTA's are best suited with either the stock H or off road H pipe if your looking for that deeper louder sound otherwise, if you pair them up with an X ? you're going to end up with a higher pitched tinny sound instead, so just thought I'd give you a heads up just in case
Man, I don't know how many times I have to say it, but the FRPP X-Pipe does NOT make the GTA exhaust sound higher pitched or tinny. Do you really think Caroll Shelby would use it if it did? If anything, I think the FRPP X-Pipe lowered the sound, and just smoothed out the exhaust pulse. While some X-Pipes might do that with some other catbacks, it is not the case with the FRPP GTA's and X-Pipe, and I know from first hand experience, not just from what I have read. Of course if you are happy with it the way it is, that is all the matters. For me, I wanted the little extra performance that an X-Pipe offers, and it just happens to sound better too.
Old 2/26/07, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Man, I don't know how many times I have to say it, but the FRPP X-Pipe does NOT make the GTA exhaust sound higher pitched or tinny. Do you really think Caroll Shelby would use it if it did? If anything, I think the FRPP X-Pipe lowered the sound, and just smoothed out the exhaust pulse. While some X-Pipes might do that with some other catbacks, it is not the case with the FRPP GTA's and X-Pipe, and I know from first hand experience, not just from what I have read. Of course if you are happy with it the way it is, that is all the matters. For me, I wanted the little extra performance that an X-Pipe offers, and it just happens to sound better too.
However, you seem to be overlooking one very important factor ? The FRPP X pipe used on the Shelby GT is also paired with stock cats...As for the FRPP X pipe that's available for purchase from FRPP ? requires cutting of the stock H pipe in which I have no intentions of doing and there's also another member who goes by the screen name of Holeshot who tried pairing Flowmaster's which is also considered as a chambered muffler design along with the GTA's with the Mac prochamber and later sold it because the Flows became higher pitched and tinny but once he paired it along side the Pypes off road H pipe ? it sounded much deeper..Therefore unless your pairing your GTA's with an off road X-pipe ? how can you really say for certain one way or the other, if the sound is really lower or not... and yes there's a very huge difference in sound between an off road H or X pipe compared with a stock catted X or H pipe and that I do know from first hand experience..
Old 2/27/07, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
However, you seem to be overlooking one very important factor ? The FRPP X pipe used on the Shelby GT is also paired with stock cats...As for the FRPP X pipe that's available for purchase from FRPP ? requires cutting of the stock H pipe in which I have no intentions of doing and there's also another member who goes by the screen name of Holeshot who tried pairing Flowmaster's which is also considered as a chambered muffler design along with the GTA's with the Mac prochamber and later sold it because the Flows became higher pitched and tinny but once he paired it along side the Pypes off road H pipe ? it sounded much deeper..Therefore unless your pairing your GTA's with an off road X-pipe ? how can you really say for certain one way or the other, if the sound is really lower or not... and yes there's a very huge difference in sound between an off road H or X pipe compared with a stock catted X or H pipe and that I do know from first hand experience..
Which was my point, the FRPP X-Pipe (which I have) is the one that is used on the Shelby GT-H/GT along with the GTA's, and they do not sound higher pitched or tinny. Others X-Pipes might do this, but the FRPP X-Pipe/GTA combo sounds great, which is why they use it on the Shelbys.
Old 2/27/07, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Which was my point, the FRPP X-Pipe (which I have) is the one that is used on the Shelby GT-H/GT along with the GTA's, and they do not sound higher pitched or tinny. Others X-Pipes might do this, but the FRPP X-Pipe/GTA combo sounds great, which is why they use it on the Shelbys.
Other than what you posted about the FRPP X-pipe and GTA's your using as being the same as what's also used on the Shelby GT ? in which by the way were all very aware of, you haven't pointed out a single thing.. In fact not only did you completely avoid addressing my point but you also avoiding answering a direct question I asked concerning as to whether or not your FRPP X-pipe is connected to the stock cats ? Therefore being that you didn't bother answering my question, I'm going to just assume your FRPP X-pipe and GTA's also include the factory cats which would explain the reason behind your GTA's not sounding higher pitched..However once again that was not my point, my point concerns what the GTA's would sound like with an off road X-pipe and not one that uses the factory cats and I can almost guarantee that if you removed your factory cats ? your GTA's would no longer have as deep of a sound to them if even at all..
Old 2/27/07, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Rocky it seems like you are blowing this out of proportion. All Mustang Buster is saying is that the FRPP x-pipe doesn't make the GTA's higher pithced like people generally say about x-pipes.

You're the one adding caveats for stock vs. O/R x-pipes. He was just making a specific statement which applied to TBone69's situation because he didn't mention anything about O/R pipes.
Old 2/27/07, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor

There's nothing like Long Tubes with cats and GTA's IMO.
Old 2/27/07, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Rocky it seems like you are blowing this out of proportion. All Mustang Buster is saying is that the FRPP x-pipe doesn't make the GTA's higher pithced like people generally say about x-pipes.

You're the one adding caveats for stock vs. O/R x-pipes. He was just making a specific statement which applied to TBone69's situation because he didn't mention anything about O/R pipes.
Kelly, being the GTA's are a chambered designed axle back it's important that I find out from others what they sound like with an off road X-pipe before deciding as to whether or not to purchase them ? Therefore if you feel that I'm blowing this out of proportion ? then fine so be it..And although Mustang Buster is claiming the FRPP X-pipe doesn't make the GTA's sound higher pitched ? what he isn't saying is whether or not he's using the factory cats along with them and if he is ? this would explain the reasoning behind why the sound isn't higher pitched..However on the other hand, if the stock cats are removed ? I can pretty much guarantee the sound will change..As for TBone69's situation ? yes he did indeed mention in his post that he was considering an X-pipe to go along with his GTA's but wasn't sure which is exactly my reason for responding to his post otherwise, I wouldn't have offered my advice to begin with..
Old 2/27/07, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever

Thanks Kelly, I thought I was pretty clear, as I have always only commented on the setup I have, nothing else. I didn't even catch that Rocky was asking if I had cats or not. The answer is yes, I have cats because I have the exact same exhaust set up as the Shelby GT-H/GT. Shelby takes a stock GT exhaust and just adds the FRPP X-Pipe and GTAs, the exact same ones that I put on my GT. The FRPP X-Pipe just replaces the stock H section of the H-Pipe well behind the cats, so the stock cats are left untouched.
Old 2/27/07, 09:37 PM

Ok Buster, my mistake for not asking a direct question in my earlier post, However I did mention and stated quite clearly that unless your pairing your GTA's with an OFF ROAD X-pipe ? how can you really say for certain one way or the other if the sound is really lower or not...Therefore I assumed you were aware of that as being a question directed towards you

Quick Reply: Mufflers: Stock vs. 5230 GTAs