GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Modular Mustang Racing

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/06 | 10:21 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

has anyone used any of their suspension parts on their 05s yet? I am curious as to how good they are compared to other companies, because I have heard nothing but good things about their other products, but these coilovers seem incredibly cheap.

"MMR 05/06 Mustang GT/V-6 Rear Coil over kit
The MMR rear coil over kit offers full ride height adjustment + or - 3.5 inches! This kit replaces the factory spring and locates it offset of the axle like a true race system. Each MMR kit is made of 6061 Billet aluminum and is adjustable with the turn of a wrist. This kit does not reduce tire clearance and will accommodate all wheel sizes and widths. Easy bolt on, no welding or drilling required. Kit includes springs, adjusters, spring seats, axle brackets hardware and instructions."

Kit Only $199.99
Kit w/MMR Shocks $299.99
Kit w/3-way adj shocks $339.99
Kit w/Koni shocks $399.99
Kit w/Koni adj. shocks $479.99

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/
Old 4/26/06 | 11:46 PM
GT Member

Yeah, I was looking at those too, I am going to get them in 2 weeks. I am going with a 28 tall tire in the back, and I like the fact you could adjust the ride height exactly where you want it. I am going to get the LCA relocation brackets from BMR at the same time.
Old 4/27/06 | 12:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(psfracer @ April 27, 2006, 12:49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, I was looking at those too, I am going to get them in 2 weeks. I am going with a 28 tall tire in the back, and I like the fact you could adjust the ride height exactly where you want it. I am going to get the LCA relocation brackets from BMR at the same time.
[/b][/quote]

2 weeks???? cant you get them tomorrow so I can know how you like them, I dont want to wait that long....LOL!!!!

Let me know how they work out, I am waiting on a price for the H&R coilovers, before I make up my mind.
Old 4/27/06 | 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm unfamiliar with coilover so I hope someone can help me out here. These will help lower the car but also allow you to raise it back up? How does it work. With that price it seems like a little moir than just lowering springs and you can adjust ride height. Do you need an alignment if you use these?
Old 4/27/06 | 11:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ April 27, 2006, 1:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm unfamiliar with coilover so I hope someone can help me out here. These will help lower the car but also allow you to raise it back up? How does it work. With that price it seems like a little moir than just lowering springs and you can adjust ride height. Do you need an alignment if you use these?
[/b][/quote]

first coilovers typically arent inexpensive, H&Rs for example retail for 1300, the MMRs I am talking about are suprisingly inexpensive, that is why I was asking if anyone had anyexperience with their suspension kits because I want to know if these are any good or is it like throwing away money. Coilovers are springs and shocks all rolled into one. You can usually get a bigger drop with these because they are adjustable for both ride height and stiffness of ride, but it is not a real quick, simple adjustment; its not like you can stop at the gas station and in 5-10 minutes change your ride height, however if you do do some track time with your daily driver then you can have it set for a comfortable driving experience on the street and when you head to the track do some adjusting to get better handling on the track. Mostly people just leave them alone though, set it and be done with it. And yes like when changing out the springs you will most likely need an alignment.