GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Modding isn't for everyone...

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/05, 01:43 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by The Boss Hog@June 10, 2005, 11:45 AM
Wow that's not good! I tought I read all the posts on this subject, but I must have missed that one. Could you please provide a link to where it says the C&L gets to over 400 degrees? Thanks,

The Boss Hog

I can touch my CL intake after driving the car for two hours. Its barely warm...
Old 6/10/05, 02:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by AJC@June 10, 2005, 2:46 PM
I can touch my CL intake after driving the car for two hours. Its barely warm...
Same here. I popped the hood when I first installed mine after my 30 mile commute and it was warm to the touch, but no where near 400 degrees. I smell BS....
Old 6/10/05, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by adrenalin@June 10, 2005, 12:09 PM
P.S. If you are reading this dear, I was kidding. I will get to work right away on my honey-do-list for you. :worship: :worship: :worship:

LOL!
Old 6/10/05, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by max2000jp@June 10, 2005, 7:54 AM
You are misinformed. First, please compare the material used in the OEM intake vs JLTs. There is quite a difference in material. Second, please read the posts in this thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...pic=26428&st=20. When you do you will find a link that shows the failure point of PVC. Next time you try and be a smarthiney, do some research.
Wow, somebody stepped right in it. Maybe you should re-read that other post, ESPECIALLY the link in it.
Have you ever bent/welded PVC, acrylic, etc? The temps they are talking about are DIRECT heat, not ambient air temp. You really think the ENDS of the tube (under the rubber of either the TB ebow or the filter) get 300+ degrees from ambient air temp under a hood??? Just think about what the under hood temp would have to be to get a basically insulated pipe end to bending temps?
I think you, like others, just want to rip on the product/Jay without actually thinking about it. I'm not trying to fight with anyone, but think of the bigger picture: 2 people "claim" warpage and all of you jump on the bandwagon to lynch Jay. A few people have their filters fall off and everyone wants to claim the product is defective, rather than suspecting installation error. All this even though the majority of 05 JLT owners are not experiencing problems. Seems rather lame to me, especially when Jay has been on this forum addressing all concerns and trying to come up with a fix.

I just don't get some people I guess.