GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Mod-a-holics anonymous

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok i guess i will start the official thread....

my name is johnny, and im a ...mod-a-holic

i promised i would not mod my new mustang....but i lied, and the lies and deciet(spelling?) have not stopped since the first mod....

shifter...springs...panhard...intake...wheels...ti res...tuner...mufflers...

this forum does not help matters either (other than helping me decide which mods to get next, and help me figure out how to improve the car)

How does a person shake this addiction?

not to mention the problems my new car has now....it wont slow down, takes off way too fast.... gets way too much attention...

i keep telling my wife "ok this is really the last thing im doing to the car" but then she catches me installing something else...

can the madness be stopped?
Old 5/2/05, 03:31 PM

dude. I am in the exact same boat. Except my wife is actually starting to get really pissed! I promised I wouldn't do anything to the "new" car, and now I have a supercharger coming..
Old 5/2/05, 03:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Refonbass@May 2, 2005, 3:34 PM
dude. I am in the exact same boat. Except my wife is actually starting to get really pissed! I promised I wouldn't do anything to the "new" car, and now I have a supercharger coming..

Wifey.....
Old 5/2/05, 03:47 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, my name is John, (hangs head in shame) and I am a Mod-a-holic.
Old 5/2/05, 04:18 PM

Rehab is for quitters! My wife and I are happy to say we are afflicted with a sickness for which there is no cure.
Old 5/2/05, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dhof303@May 2, 2005, 3:21 PM
Rehab is for quitters! My wife and I are happy to say we are afflicted with a sickness for which there is no cure.
hey at least you are BOTH afflicted. it stinks when it is just ONE person...
Old 5/2/05, 04:47 PM

Hi, My name is David and I've been an addict for 11 years. My newest addiction has been this 2005 GT. I've had this new fix for about 7 months. I can't get enough of it. I have forsaken my family and friends just to mod. They say crack is bad...well, I've got something to tell you, crack don't have jack on this stuff...

My wifey is so, so when it comes to this. She doesn't give me too hard a time about it. She drives it everyday though. I guess, the ony issue so far was the clutch. She went from feathering the stock one to an on/off clutch. She's used to it now though. I just want to take a moment to thank you all for listening to my habits.
Old 5/2/05, 05:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

They say the first step is to acknowledge that you have a problem. I don't have a problem.
Old 5/2/05, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Lol u guys are mad cuz u put to many mods on ur car when others are saying they wish they have more money after buyin their 05 to afford mods If u dont want to mod your car anymore, get people to pay u to mod their cars
Old 5/2/05, 05:18 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by SS05GT@May 2, 2005, 4:11 PM
They say the first step is to acknowledge that you have a problem.

And to accept responsibility for it!!!!! So here's my responsibility guys,..........now accept it!

So, what's the big buy for this week, anyway? Any cams out yet?
Old 5/2/05, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by RM Mustang 728@May 2, 2005, 4:18 PM
Lol u guys are mad cuz u put to many mods on ur car when others are saying they wish they have more money after buyin their 05 to afford mods If u dont want to mod your car anymore, get people to pay u to mod their cars
MAD? ME? She might be mad....but i am definately not mad..

addicted i may be, but mad? never! and who said i had the money to get these mods on my car? plastic my man....thats where my achiles heal is...in the plastic which resides in my pocket, and the evil forums that give me all of the impure thoughts and links to online instant impulse gratification!!!

if there is one thing that i get "mad" about it is that these shippers have not figured out how to beam stuff to me immediately like some science fiction movie....

my next mod may be in the form of divorce papers from my angry wife in the glove box
Old 5/2/05, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

My wife took my wheels and tires down last week to get the tires mounted on the wheels. Then today, after I cleaned and installed the wheels, she took my car down to get the alignment, then brought the car to my work so I could drive it home
Old 5/2/05, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@May 2, 2005, 5:50 PM
Hi, my name is John, (hangs head in shame) and I am a Mod-a-holic.
Hi... My name is Kirk.... and I am a farter! Huh? Wrong group.... sorry...
Old 5/2/05, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm addicted too. I modded my Ranger a bit and had a lot of fun with it, sometimes still wish I had kept it and done a 5.0 swap instead. I'm happy with my choice to get rid of it though, the manual trans was garbage.

I'm definitely going to mod the 'stang, have already done a few minor little changes.
Old 5/2/05, 08:45 PM
V6 Member

Hi,

I'm Sean, and I have parts for a car I don't even OWN YET. And I have to get my daily fix by reading 169Stang's and dhof303's post
Old 5/2/05, 10:01 PM
GT Member

Hi, my name is Gene , and I'm also a modaholic (sorry for being repetitive). I have never been a problem modder until I got this 05 Mustang. Now, I cannot get enough. CAI, 4.10 gears, tune, catbacks. After all that I said enough, nothing until next year. So, today, I ordered the Eibach Pro Kit, with LCA's to follow. Whats worse, I have had 2 dreams about the Procharger, the last with a price of 995.00 ( it was tough to wake up from that one). My wife has been very understanding. I think she'll love the 18 wheels and new tires to follow.
Old 5/2/05, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hello my name is Gordon and I don't have a problem. I think everyone else has the problem because they wont leave me alone to mod to my hearts content.
Old 5/2/05, 10:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been modifying cars and bikes for 28 years and I am not addicted. I can quit any time. It helps if you don't inhale .
Old 5/3/05, 12:26 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Hi, my name is Jessica, and while the mods to my car have yet to being in ernest, I have a laundry list of what will be done... My husband used to worry about walking me past jewlery stores... shoe stores... now he worries what I am going to read on here...

My mother's day list includes things like tail lights, and gears, and straight pipes... I dont think there is ANYTHING wrong with that picture...

right?

Quick Reply: Mod-a-holics anonymous