Old 2/26/05, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

http://home.earthlink.net/~marklutonracing1/prod_05.htm
Second product from the top.

$5800
05 Mustang Single Turbo kit
"Includes 68-76mm Turbo, polished and coated wastegate, jet hot coating on ALL piping, polished or satin turbo, A/A front mount intercooler +100HP @ 9psi, requires custom chip (not included), injectors included. Complete kit"

Rear-seat delete kit looks nice too! - $160
"MMR Rear seat delete kit
For 05’ Mustang GT and V-6, all factory colors, saves up to 40lbs, direct bolt in, great for that real 2 seater look"

And the electric water pump...

Good stuff on there...may want to check it out.

I emailed them this letter:
Subject: "2005 Ford Mustang GT Single Turbocharger Kit"
"Do you have any more information than what is listed on the website? What turbocharger do you use? What can this turbocharger support (HP and TQ)? What intercooler does it use?

Is it possible to get this kit without the injectors?

By "requires custom chip" does that mean you need to use a piggyback or standalone or programmer or a completely new ECU?

By the way, I thought the only product MMR made for the '05 Stang was just the intake until tonight, GREAT looking products! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

--Brandon (last name removed from post)"

Just thought i'd let you guys know what's going on and I hope to hear a good reply Monday.
Old 2/27/05, 01:16 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Thanks for posting the info. Rear seat delete is a good option, nut I'm not sold on the look of this one. Could not belive the price though. Would have expected to pay a lot more.
Old 2/27/05, 01:17 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Also, The turbo seems to steep as well. Procharger's running for just under 5K. You can expect almost 450 HP (so I have heard)
Old 2/27/05, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree, the rear-seat delete is very inexpensive for 40lbs. less and a clean look.

Turbocharger setups are usually going to cost more with anything. It may be because of all of the R&D that goes into making a reliable turbo setup as opposed to a supercharger. With a supercharger, it's a little easier. Although, I would expect this price to come down to around $5000-5500 since it is ONE turbocharger as opposed to UR's two.
Old 2/28/05, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Update...got a reply from them...:
"Do you have any more information than what is listed on the website? What turbocharger do you use? What can this turbocharger support (HP and TQ)? What intercooler does it use?
We use all Innovative Turbo turbochargers, the base turbo in the kit will support 450 HP with ultra fast spool times, 67mm . We can put up to a 76mm on this kit and will support up to 700 RWHP, the options will be on the website soon! We currently have 2 options-a 500HP intercooler or the 900HP intercooler

Is it possible to get this kit without the injectors? yes

By "requires custom chip" does that mean you need to use a piggyback or standalone or programmer or a completely new ECU?
The stock ECU will work, it just needs a custom tune

By the way, I thought the only product MMR made for the '05 Stang was just the intake until tonight, GREAT looking products! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!
Thank you, stay tuned for more info 1- 2 weeks, ps this kit is an EASY bolt on!!

--Brandon (last name removed for post)"

The red lines are their reply.
Old 2/28/05, 09:21 PM
FR500 Member

MMR does good work. Mark (the owner) has years of experience. Their intake kit upgrade should be coming out in a week or so I hope. They also have a larger throttle body in the works.