GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Metco UCL Warning

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/07, 04:29 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metco UCL Warning

I recently bought and installed a set of Metco LCAs and a UCL on my 05 GT. As soon as I drove it, I heard a loud clunking noise every time I lifted or shifted. I could feel it right thru the my seat. After trying several things, I finally replaced the Metco UCL with the stock UCL. The noise immediately went away. The Metco UCL has some fore and aft play in it and the bushings are very hard. I was surprised that this small amount of play could cause such a noise but it did. I sent Metco three emails but never got a reply offering any help. I do not want to slam their product but if you plan to purchase their UCA, you should be aware you may not be happy with the results. If you plan to use it for a drag car then you should be ok but you will not like it for a daily driver. If I would have known this, I would not be out $300.
Old 4/20/07, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

i was getting some noise when i first had my BMR UCA put in, it wasnt adjusted correctly and the driveshaft was hitting the car. now that its adjusted correctly, it works great!
Old 4/20/07, 05:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by btrokc
I recently bought and installed a set of Metco LCAs and a UCL on my 05 GT. As soon as I drove it, I heard a loud clunking noise every time I lifted or shifted. I could feel it right thru the my seat. After trying several things, I finally replaced the Metco UCL with the stock UCL. The noise immediately went away. The Metco UCL has some fore and aft play in it and the bushings are very hard. I was surprised that this small amount of play could cause such a noise but it did. I sent Metco three emails but never got a reply offering any help. I do not want to slam their product but if you plan to purchase their UCA, you should be aware you may not be happy with the results. If you plan to use it for a drag car then you should be ok but you will not like it for a daily driver. If I would have known this, I would not be out $300.
You shouldn't have ANY play. If there's play, you'll hear it for sure.