GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Made a decision finally on my LT Headers & Mid Pipe Choice - What do ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/06, 05:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Made a decision finally on my LT Headers & Mid Pipe Choice - What do ya think?

Hi there

Right I've been scouring loads of forums and asking lots and lots of questions, in fact I've probably driven loads of you mad and am sorry for that.

Though my predicament with me having a Saleen S281 and been all the way across the pond in the UK means I gotta be sure about my decisions.

Anyway my main criteria is an LT header and Mid-Pipe system that would fit easily without the need for engine mounts or lifting the engine and be compatible with my Saleen Axle Backs. The second goal was a system that gives the best power gains throughout the range and makes the car even louder.
I think my best option is the Bassani LT Headers and their matching Mid Catted X-Pipe. Take a look:-
http://www.ninosport.com/browseprodu...ustang-GT.html

Had several people comment on how easy the installation was which is a great thumbs up and the system seems to gain approx 16-22 RWHP and upto 32FTlbs of torque from other peoples dyno results and its a pretty loud system too.

So what do people generally think of the above, I can get it for approx $1300 with CATs and as the CATs are slip-ons I can install race pipes anytime in their place for even more noise and a get a few more horses. So anybody heard bad things or are there other systems on the market that are a lot superior?

My other options were Kooks, Stainless Works, American Racing (ARH) but I believe they are all harder to fit as in they need engine lifting and require engine mounts. Do the others give much better power peak and throughout the range or are all the LT headers similar?

So I will soon be getting my cash out and getting the Bassani's unless anybody here thinks it is a bad move?

Wish me luck and thanks !

Andy
Old 6/1/06, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Bassanis should be awesome fit in finish.... and sound kick ***, as well. Good luck, bro!!
Old 6/2/06, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ninosport is a popular supplier of the Bassini exhaust components. That is where mine came from. Like i have stated in previous posts, Bassini is costly, but worth it. And sounds like an angry animal when you get after it.