Mac vs Borla

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/06, 08:10 PM
JGT
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mac vs Borla

Please discuss.

Is it true that Borla is louder and deeper? I have also heard that Mac has more of the old school muscle car sound. Borla is straight through and Mac is chambered. Which one will sound better with a catted Mac Prochamber and some resonators?
Old 10/1/06, 08:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JGT
Please discuss.

Is it true that Borla is louder and deeper? I have also heard that Mac has more of the old school muscle car sound. Borla is straight through and Mac is chambered. Which one will sound better with a catted Mac Prochamber?
They both would sound frekin awesome with a catted prochamber. I would have to go with the stingers though!
Old 10/1/06, 08:20 PM
JGT
V6 Member

Hey 2005sonicgt,
Do you have the catted prochamber? If so, just how loud is it?

Can you be quiet when you want to or is it really loud all the time? I have heard that Stingers are quieter in the lower RPMs but really get louder when you are getting on it, any truth to this?
Old 10/1/06, 09:44 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JGT
Hey 2005sonicgt,
Do you have the catted prochamber? If so, just how loud is it?

Can you be quiet when you want to or is it really loud all the time? I have heard that Stingers are quieter in the lower RPMs but really get louder when you are getting on it, any truth to this?
I have the direct fit ( after cat) version but I am debating on taking off the cat's or getting high flow leg's. The stingers aren't really that loud period. At crusing speeds they produce a nice smooth aggressive sound and at WOT they can get pretty loud. I will be making a new vid shortly!
Old 10/1/06, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JGT
Please discuss.

Is it true that Borla is louder and deeper? I have also heard that Mac has more of the old school muscle car sound. Borla is straight through and Mac is chambered. Which one will sound better with a catted Mac Prochamber and some resonators?
I prefer Mac. Old musclecar sound FTW.
Old 10/2/06, 09:08 AM
GT Member

I love my Macs! I honestly think the brenspeed clips for the mac sound almost dead on.
Old 10/2/06, 04:48 PM
V6 Member

I originally planned to get the Borlas but was convinced to get the Macs and I really like them. I think the sound is deeper and really old school muscle in nature.

One thing about exhaust, everyones ears are different and what one person thinks is awesome, another person might think is aweful! Listen to them both and make up your own mind!
Old 10/2/06, 08:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would have gotten the macs if they sound like they do on the 4.6 2v from yesteryear... that sound is to die for....
but from what I've heard on the 3v, they don't sound the same.

Borla's all the way
Old 10/3/06, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ponyent
I originally planned to get the Borlas but was convinced to get the Macs and I really like them. I think the sound is deeper and really old school muscle in nature.

One thing about exhaust, everyones ears are different and what one person thinks is awesome, another person might think is aweful! Listen to them both and make up your own mind!
I was thinking FRPP Stingers but Brenspeed's MAC clip was awesome! The slow takeoff really sounded like a Bullitt - the '68-390.
http://www.brenspeed.com/info/media/DRIVINGWITHMAC.wmv