GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Lowering Springs Questions

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/06 | 02:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am about ready to take advantage of the BMR discount for the lowering springs. I also am going to buy the adj panhard bar. Do any of you have any issues with lowering your car that I should be aware of. I am only going to lower the rear so if anyone is looking for front springs LMK. I got your PM Paul, thanks.
Old 2/9/06 | 04:20 PM

FYI... http://cgi.ebay.com/Roush-2005-06-Mustang-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The BMR's may more than level the car (butt low). I dunno, just a guess. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06 | 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

hijacking the thread-- [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/uzi.gif[/img] -what does a typical front and rear spring install cost? thanks---
Old 2/9/06 | 06:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am looking for about a 1.5 inch drop in the rear. The Roush say 1 inch and that hardly seems worth the trouble. JMO~
Old 2/9/06 | 08:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ February 9, 2006, 7:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am looking for about a 1.5 inch drop in the rear. The Roush say 1 inch and that hardly seems worth the trouble. JMO~
[/b][/quote]
The BRM SP009 says it drops the rear 1.75".
Unless you want the front end higher, better do some research before ordering.

I'm not being a butt, just trying to help out a brother! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06 | 08:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 9, 2006, 9:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The BRM SP009 says it drops the rear 1.75".
Unless you want the front end higher, better do some research before ordering.

I'm not being a butt, just trying to help out a brother! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Your not being a butt, research is a good thing and I have learned that the hard way. Looking at the Steeda Sport springs which are about 1.25 drop. I think your right about the BMR springs and that would be too much for just the rear and Steeda will sale only the rear spring. BMR won't budge off of the set deal. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06 | 09:09 PM
RPM
GT Member

Consider the Eibach Pro Kit? Still leaves a slight rake.
Old 2/9/06 | 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Eibach doesn't sell just the rears only or I would.
Old 2/9/06 | 11:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Patience @ February 9, 2006, 4:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hijacking the thread-- [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/uzi.gif[/img] -what does a typical front and rear spring install cost? thanks---
[/b][/quote]

It costs $45 to rent a spring compressor which is 100% refundable and about 3 hours of your time. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Seriously, don't pay somebody to install something that is as easy as springs.
Old 2/10/06 | 06:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

I bought the Roush rear springs from Stage3Motors for 124.99 delivered. The guy I spoke to said that the rear spring are flying off the shelf and they are almost out. He also said that since the drop was only an 1 inch that I wouldn't need a new panhard rod. I'll see about that after I put the springs on.

Thanks for the heads up TacoBill! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06 | 07:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ February 10, 2006, 7:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I bought the Roush rear springs from Stage3Motors for 124.99 delivered. The guy I spoke to said that the rear spring are flying off the shelf and they are almost out. He also said that since the drop was only an 1 inch that I wouldn't need a new panhard rod. I'll see about that after I put the springs on.

Thanks for the heads up TacoBill! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
No prob, GRAYPNY! Post pics when you gettem' on.
Old 2/10/06 | 07:33 PM
Cobra R Member

I just ordered the steeda ultra springs for 209.00 on sale. Steeda says it lowers it between 1 1/8 and 1 3/8 inches. Getting them installed on wednesday. I am waiting on the BMR adj. panhard bar.

Who makes the roush springs? some of their stuff is like steeda ie: the adj. strut brace.
Old 2/10/06 | 08:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's hard to say who Roush jobs their parts out to. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I am probably going to go ahead and order the BMR adj panhard bar from MAK Performance on Monday. It can't hurt and I will probably wind up needing it anyway.
Old 2/10/06 | 10:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ February 10, 2006, 9:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's hard to say who Roush jobs their parts out to. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I am probably going to go ahead and order the BMR adj panhard bar from MAK Performance on Monday. It can't hurt and I will probably wind up needing it anyway.
[/b][/quote]
Can't seem to find the MAK Performance website? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06 | 10:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 10, 2006, 9:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Can't seem to find the MAK Performance website? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Did you try: http://www.makperformance.com/ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06 | 10:10 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ February 10, 2006, 7:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Based upon what I've seen posted on the board, there's a good chance you won't need the panhard bar.
If it turns out you do need one, there's no big rush. Mine was off 1/2", but I seem to be the exception, rather than the rule. Some have posted theirs lined up pretty close after a 1" drop. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06 | 10:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 10, 2006, 11:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Did you try: http://www.makperformance.com/ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Thanks, I didn't try the obvious. I Yahoo'd it and nothing came up as far as their homepage.
Old 2/11/06 | 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wild stray @ February 11, 2006, 12:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Based upon what I've seen posted on the board, there's a good chance you won't need the panhard bar.
If it turns out you do need one, there's no big rush. Mine was off 1/2", but I seem to be the exception, rather than the rule. Some have posted theirs lined up pretty close after a 1" drop. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

True, you won't necessarily need it for centering the rear axle, but it is a nice performance upgrade. After installing the BMR springs, mine was off by less than an eight of an inch. After taking a spin with the new springs, I then installed the CHE adjustable panhard bar since I had already bought it. Since it has very firm poly bushings, it made the rear end feel a bit more solid (no Jennifer Lopez jokes...) in turns. That, and it is about 1/3 the weight of the stocker!