GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Lowering Front and Rear

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/06, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am ready to schedule an appointment to have my car dropped front and rear--eibach--what do you guys deem a reasonable price or what have you paid? thanks---i have an 05' GT Vert---
Old 2/10/06, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

Sort of a vauge question. Are you just having springs installed? Or are they also going to install a new panhard rod? Do you already own the springs or purchasing from the place doing the work? What about camber adjusters? What kind if any. Are they doing the alignment also? All of these factors will play in to the price. So we need to know what all you intend on the shop doing.
Old 2/10/06, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Patience @ February 10, 2006, 1:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am ready to schedule an appointment to have my car dropped front and rear--eibach--what do you guys deem a reasonable price or what have you paid? thanks---i have an 05' GT Vert---
[/b][/quote]

From my research, if i do not plan on lowering the vehicle past 1.5 " it should be acceptable not to add a panhrd bar, bushings etc---so yes, I have the Springs---they are the sole install i'd like-----thanks!---as for alignment, of course i'd like that, if necessary---i would assume $75 max for a re-alignment----
Old 2/14/06, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

alright---i was quoted $300 solely for installation--including alignment after install---Front/Rear Springs Eiback Pro-kit----is that too much for those of us that will not be doing the project ourselves? also, what would be a good set up as far as lowering fronts vs rears (aka how much lowering in front and in rear)? thanks
Old 2/14/06, 09:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Patience,
I just did a thread on my experience installing springs and a panhard rod. I think you should be ready to spend a little under $500 if you get a shop to do it. Mine cost me about $700 between the parts and labor. The biggest thing is that the drop will change the geometry of the car, and I drove on mine after only a modest drop and it felt like the car was going in 4 different directions. The shop had to adjust the panhard, notch the front control arms, and drill to fix camber. The new Mustangs look great lowered, but it will take some work to get it right. Might want to ask what they will charge you for an adjustable panhard (and more importantly which one!) and factor in the time to get that. I recommed the BMR PH006, it is very solid, and don't forget to get a replacement 90 dgeree Zerk fitting for one side. Might want to see what others think, but I'm feeling like I should have gotten some stiffer shocks or the Tokico adjustables to help with back end bounce, which is definitely a little harder now. I agree with everyone on the handling though, it's a little more like a performance car now.

-Darth

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/starwars.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

DON'T PAY SOMEBODY TO INSTALL THEM!!! Do it yourself! It takes about 3 hours with simple socket wrenches. Go to your local parts store, rent a spring compressor and put them in next weekend. Seriously, I didn't know anything about the install and was able to do it by following the steps in this post: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=36784
Old 2/14/06, 10:58 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I was gonna say, install should run you around $0!!! Get alingment bolts, replace the upper spindles in the front to be able to align it later, get a spring compressor, and I had it done in 3 hours too.
Old 2/14/06, 10:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangspeeder @ February 14, 2006, 12:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
DON'T PAY SOMEBODY TO INSTALL THEM!!! Do it yourself! It takes about 3 hours with simple socket wrenches. Go to your local parts store, rent a spring compressor and put them in next weekend. Seriously, I didn't know anything about the install and was able to do it by following the steps in this post: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=36784
[/b][/quote]

I agree, you sure can do it yourself...but if you can get someone to install and align for less than $500 go for it!

-Darth
Old 2/14/06, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Stang @ February 14, 2006, 1:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I agree, you sure can do it yourself...but if you can get someone to install and align for less than $500 go for it!

-Darth
[/b][/quote]

I supply the Springs, they supply the labor and alignment---$300----sounds reasonable from what has been stated--yes? and i am thinking 1 1/4 in the rear, 1 1/2 inches lowered in the front
Old 2/14/06, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you really want to pay somebody to do it, then go for it. Personally I'd do it myself and spend the $300 on something else for the car.
Old 2/14/06, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangspeeder @ February 14, 2006, 3:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you really want to pay somebody to do it, then go for it. Personally I'd do it myself and spend the $300 on something else for the car.
[/b][/quote]

ok, ok--i know you car savvy's are out there but a) its winter for at least another 8 weeks here in michigan [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] i own very few automotive tools (including jacks, stands, etc) c) i live in a condominium complex and do not have a garage, carport only

trust me, the new crib next year will have spacious garage facilities including a lift------but for now, $300 sounds like a winner---what about lowering specs, do you guys think 1 1/4 in year and 1 1/2 up front should give it that aggressive stance?
Old 2/14/06, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Wow, that sounds like a very aggressive stance, make sure you have room to clear speed bumps, potholes, and small squirrels! I think I only dropped mine 1" all around and I sometimes think it looks "slammed" I kept the forward rake look, which is what I think makes it aggressive...but now i have to buy a race jack to get under the front.

-Darth
Old 2/14/06, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Stang @ February 14, 2006, 6:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow, that sounds like a very aggressive stance, make sure you have room to clear speed bumps, potholes, and small squirrels! I think I only dropped mine 1" all around and I sometimes think it looks "slammed" I kept the forward rake look, which is what I think makes it aggressive...but now i have to buy a race jack to get under the front.

-Darth
[/b][/quote]

hmmmm---maybe 1 1/4 front 1 inch in rear? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] ----lol, race jack-----doh!
Old 2/14/06, 05:36 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Patience @ February 14, 2006, 5:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ok, ok--i know you car savvy's are out there but a) its winter for at least another 8 weeks here in michigan [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] i own very few automotive tools (including jacks, stands, etc) c) i live in a condominium complex and do not have a garage, carport only

trust me, the new crib next year will have spacious garage facilities including a lift------but for now, $300 sounds like a winner---what about lowering specs, do you guys think 1 1/4 in year and 1 1/2 up front should give it that aggressive stance?
[/b][/quote]

$300 is a good price. Go for it. You might want to install BMR lower control ars as well as Panhard rod at the same time. These are so easy to do at the same time they should throw that in for little or no cost. Good time to put some 4:10s in there too if that is in your plan.
Old 2/15/06, 04:45 AM
Bullitt Member

4.10's are a possibility, tad strapped on the green at this point, just found out last evening need to replace two skylights--$1800-- [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

couple that with a vacation to the mayan riviera in March w/the wifey and I am tapped---<<until the tax refund>>
Old 2/15/06, 04:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Patience @ February 14, 2006, 6:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

By your repeated questions on how much you should lower your car I don't think you understand that the springs you bought determines the drop.

"i am thinking 1 1/4 in the rear, 1 1/2 inches lowered in the front"
"hmmmm---maybe 1 1/4 front 1 inch in rear?"

You cannot select how much drop you want.
Also the front and rear springs are not interchangeable.

You say you have the Eibach. I'll assume it's the pro kit because the sportlines drop the car almost 2.5"
The springs are also specific for coupes or verts V6 or GT so be sure you bought the right ones.
The Eibach pro kit for the 05 Mustang GT Vert is Part# EIB 410335

The drop is Aprox 1.3"/1.5"

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/00830...771568900013775

Springs require about 2 weeks to completely settle.
Old 2/15/06, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thump_rrr @ February 15, 2006, 6:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
By your repeated questions on how much you should lower your car I don't think you understand that the springs you bought determines the drop.

"i am thinking 1 1/4 in the rear, 1 1/2 inches lowered in the front"
"hmmmm---maybe 1 1/4 front 1 inch in rear?"

You cannot select how much drop you want.
Also the front and rear springs are not interchangeable.

You say you have the Eibach. I'll assume it's the pro kit because the sportlines drop the car almost 2.5"
The springs are also specific for coupes or verts V6 or GT so be sure you bought the right ones.
The Eibach pro kit for the 05 Mustang GT Vert is Part# EIB 410335

The drop is Aprox 1.3"/1.5"

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/00830...771568900013775

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the reply......................that is an explanation i needed, another great advantage about this site.............thanks-----
Old 2/15/06, 10:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thump_rrr @ February 15, 2006, 5:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Good to know... after my install (ordered a set of Steeda Ultralites), I'll wait at least a couple weeks before taking it to the alignment shop.

Thanks for the heads up! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]