GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

looking for pics of Pypes MM and Violator tips

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/08, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for pics of Pypes MM and Violator tips

I got some flowmasters AT;s the other day and honestly, I am still trying to decide If I like them...I seem to hear alot of drone in the cabin., and I dont hear any of the gurgling and spitting sounds I like when I hear violator or MM clips.

I called Brenspeed and talked to someoen about exhaust the other day, and he was saying that the quality of the pypes Mid mufflers and violators was not very impressive..can some of you guys post some good closeup pics?
Old 3/7/08, 11:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
No problems with the Violators here. They sound great, have virtually no drone (had a little around 1800-2200 with the stock H pipe, but nothing to really speak of. With the off-road pipe, there's none), and are priced great. The tips would be better if they were double walled or had a drainage hole, but otherwise, they couldn't be better. Oh, and they sound great. Check my website for videos: http://www.theponystable.com/videos.html

Old 3/7/08, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I was actually wondering if my setup would sound better if I went to an or/h...I had heard the flows go well with one.
Old 3/7/08, 05:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the mid muffs and i think the quality is great....

they have some alignment issues but thats it...

the tips are ok, like above, could be double walled but overall very nice
Old 3/7/08, 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

I definitely feel like the quality of the Pypes pieces (Ive had Violators, and currently have Pypes MM) is spot on, however the Fitament is a different story.
Old 3/8/08, 05:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
The quality of my Violators was very poor. I bought them from Brenspeed.
The Violator axle-backs seemed to have incorrect notching preventing the pipe from collapsing enough to grip the over-axle pipes. In addition, I had to do major tweaking on the hangers to them fit my 07 GT. If I just bolted them and left the axle-backs as-is, they would hang down like an old woman's sweater puppies. No amount of adjusting the mid-pipes would solve this issue. I know because I tried. Some people didn't have issues and I suspect it is a case of not every Mustang being made to the same spec.

If I had to do it again, I'd look at the Borla/FRPP Stingers.
Old 3/8/08, 06:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metroplex
The Violator axle-backs seemed to have incorrect notching preventing the pipe from collapsing enough to grip the over-axle pipes. In addition, I had to do major tweaking on the hangers to them fit my 07 GT. If I just bolted them and left the axle-backs as-is, they would hang down like an old woman's sweater puppies. No amount of adjusting the mid-pipes would solve this issue. I know because I tried. Some people didn't have issues and I suspect it is a case of not every Mustang being made to the same spec.

I've had Bassini, SLP, GTA's and now FRPP (M-523005-GT) or known as Borla/ FRPP Stingers and are the best Quality and sounding of all the axlebacks I've hung on my Stang ...
Old 3/8/08, 07:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex

I remember your issues. I'd suspect a bum set of mufflers, actually. My Violators fully bolted right in. My passenger side was a bit off (as with most aftermarket mufflers), but a quick turn of the over axle pipe fixed that. To date, I've not heard of anyone with the problems that you had. So I think it was a faulty set of mufflers, over cars not being made to the same spec. The only problem I ever had with mine was the hanger on the driver's side was a bit long and hit the bumper reenforcement, but I cut a small chunk off easily, and have had no other complaints.
Old 3/8/08, 10:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
My hangers were never close to hitting the bumper reinforcements. I feel that if Pypes reversed the hangers closest to the axle, it would have allowed more adjustment. I just find that the Violators weren't well engineered. I have the full T304 polished stainless setup. I suspect the T409 Violators are probably made better because T409 is much stronger steel. T304 was extremely easy to work with since it was so soft.

I also noticed that the Violators trap quite a bit of water inside the mufflers. There is no drainage, so after driving the car for 1 week in the summer, I had a few quarts of water trapped inside the mufflers but no one else noticed this since they never had to take the mufflers off. I am a stickler for QC so I had to heat and bend the hangers 3 times before I got them right. Bottom line is that I should have just kept it stock like my original plan (less fuss, less mess). The Violators do sound fantastic though but I may consider selling them since I liked the design of the stock mufflers a lot more (well built, solid design).

Last edited by metroplex; 3/8/08 at 10:50 AM.