GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Long Tube Header Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/05, 09:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have finally heard a Stang with long tubes and want to go that route. As I am planning how much I'll need, I have a few questions.

1. Motor Mounts - I have read the JBA headers need different engine mounts, but do the other systems like Dynotech or Hooker need different motor mounts?

2. I currently have the Bassani x-pipe on and it sounds too "tuned" for my tastes. Would an h-pipe significantly reduce gains from the long tubes?

3. I have the Bassani mufflers and wonder if they will be too raspy for this setup. I am looking to get the sound of a late 60's muscle car and know that a cam is needed to get the "lopey" sound. Until then, what mufflers will help the sound rather than hurt it?

Thanks!
Old 9/19/05, 01:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An X-pipe is probably worth a few extra power here and there over an H. Will I go that route for the few extra HP here and there? No! I dont feel like giving up that muscle car sound for that of a tuner exotic.

Im looking into the Hooker Super Comps combined with my stock H-pipe but I dont yet know of any motor mount issues. If I have to change the motor mounts Im gona switch out the whole K-member at the same time.

-Dan