GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Local Tuner/Dyno Source

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/05, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

:scratch: OK - newbie here and I've been reading posts all over the web regarding simple mods (CAI, exhaust, pulleys, etc.) and I'm a little disappointed that you have to reprogram the computer to take advantage of the CAI. I don't understand why the computer can't calc the proper fuel amounts, timing, etc. based on the new higher air flow readings... but I digress.

It is what it is.

So with that in mind, and with all the talk about Predator vs. SCT and a guy named Lidio in Michigan - I was wondering if anyone on board can point me to a good performance and speed shop in the Houston, TX area where I can find an expert tuner to help me select the best mods for the money and then get the max from those mods with a custom tune?

Also, has anyone here had any experience with AeroTurbine mufflers on an '05 or '06 GT?

Thanks!
Old 11/21/05, 02:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by jjdelgado@November 21, 2005, 4:36 PM
:scratch: OK - newbie here and I've been reading posts all over the web regarding simple mods (CAI, exhaust, pulleys, etc.) and I'm a little disappointed that you have to reprogram the computer to take advantage of the CAI. I don't understand why the computer can't calc the proper fuel amounts, timing, etc. based on the new higher air flow readings... but I digress.

It is what it is.

So with that in mind, and with all the talk about Predator vs. SCT and a guy named Lidio in Michigan - I was wondering if anyone on board can point me to a good performance and speed shop in the Houston, TX area where I can find an expert tuner to help me select the best mods for the money and then get the max from those mods with a custom tune?

Also, has anyone here had any experience with AeroTurbine mufflers on an '05 or '06 GT?

Thanks!

Well, a couple months back when I went to Lidio's shop there was a Mustang with Texas plates there.... The guy had shipped his car to have Lidio work on it... LOL! Of course it was more than just a CAI and tune...
Old 11/21/05, 03:37 PM
Cobra Member

look for houston performance and speak with Steve over there.
Old 11/21/05, 05:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by jjdelgado@November 21, 2005, 3:36 PM

It is what it is.

Thanks!
If you do a search you will locate every scrap of information that has ever been shared on this subject in this forum however it does take some effort on your part. This has to be the number one 05 Mustang resource center of the world. Every new part, problem and every tune and tuners have been discussed in depth here. Welcome aboard!! My advise would be for a newbie to read everything he can get his hands on FIRST then ask the questions. Not the other way around.