GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

A Little Air + a Corvette Goes Bang

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/07, 06:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by don_w
Thanks Mark. I think getting good air will be the key. We may need to plan another trip to Irwindale soon, so I don't have to wait until fall to get the better air.

One thing I noticed on Friday night, was that the car pulled the tire on the earlier runs (during daylight), but didn't do it as darkness arrived. The humidity was pretty high later in the evening. So either the moisture robbed some power, or possibly, the track just started going away a little.
Yeah - this is why I told you earlier I'm taking this time to finish off the car and not really worried about racing. I will probably be at Irwindale next week for some TNT with the new TB, but then I'm taking the car to the BS to finish off the appearance mods and put the new hood on, and repaint.

The weather is just not optimal no matter where you are but you really have a disadvantage in your neck of the woods cause the air has definitely been far from great.

As I said, now is NOT the time to be looking for 'personal best' passes, so have fun dialing the car in and we'll talk about times in spetember/october.

BTW: I WILL be at the 2 day Q/Barona schedule next time for sure...