GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

LineLock / HillHolder '08 GT ???

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/18, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
LineLock / HillHolder '08 GT ???

Last couple years spent in / out hospital, but this past year had a stem cell transplant and am now getting my immunities & MRIs each 3 months, so when weather cools a little, I want to install that Hurst Line Lock in our 08 GT.

I have the whole kit that includes SS pre-bent lines, etc … and I have the stick mounted button kit. Car already has Hurst B+ shifter.

Anyone here done this mod on their 05-09 Mustang with Hurst "kit" and any pitfalls or tips they care to share?

I did once put LL on my '65 GTO but far simpler brake line set up, no arming switch. This kit meant for Mustang looks to be well thought out, and I know I could have done it cheaper, but WTH, "it's primary use will be as a Hillholder.

Last edited by tbear853; 7/1/18 at 02:32 PM.
Old 7/1/18, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I used the CFM dual solenoid kit. Couple of reasons. I've always run a dual set up. Install is a couple more steps but actually a shorter process. The dual kit solenoids go between the chassis hard lines and the caliper. You get to replace the hose with a nice steel braided piece which has a couple advantages over the stock rubber lines. It is also after the ABS block which in some racing circles gets interpreted as a distribution block and regs require installation after the block. Since your replacing just the lines next to the calipers the bleeding time is about 1/3 than if you disconnect lines at the booster. Also comes with an NHRA approved button/switch. None of the other kits do.

https://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...-3-7-7p126.htm

Last edited by 07 Boss; 7/1/18 at 03:56 PM.
Old 7/1/18, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Thank You! ABS block is not a simple distribution block I'd argue with them ... if I wanted to race it … but our primary &likely rare use is for wife as a hill holder. I did purchase that switch separately.

Well, prices ain't that far apart and …
… All you say makes good sense. https://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...-3-7-7p126.htm

Last edited by tbear853; 7/3/18 at 03:43 PM.