Lakewood watts link...

hello all..
not a bad price..

http://www.lmperformance.com/15849/73.html

$449 free shipping!
Old 3/29/07, 01:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a good price and is even cheaper than the Fay's watts linkage. I still like the Saleen watts linkage looks the best and has the most factory appearance. I hope that the low prices of the other two watts linkages makes the price on the Saleen version go down.
Old 3/29/07, 01:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't count on it. When you look at the prices of Saleen & Roush parts compared to others their always alot more expensive. Understanding that Saleen's kit does differ from the other two I still wouldn't expect much of a price drop if any.

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
That is a good price and is even cheaper than the Fay's watts linkage. I still like the Saleen watts linkage looks the best and has the most factory appearance. I hope that the low prices of the other two watts linkages makes the price on the Saleen version go down.
Old 3/29/07, 01:32 PM
Banned

It will have to drop if it does essentially the same thing. The Saleen kit is more than twice the amount of the other two kits. If the Lakewood and The Fays does the job just as well or even close no one will buy the Saleen kit. It is a matter of suply and demand.
Old 3/29/07, 01:33 PM
Cobra Member

im not an expert by any means but looking the design of the lakewood vs. saleen...it seems the lakewood design is more sturdy.

what does everyone else think?
Old 3/29/07, 01:55 PM
Banned

The Fays kit looks to be more sturdier than both but they don't look like they belong on the car. I really dont like the cheap looking "U" clamps that go on the axle shaft.
Old 3/30/07, 12:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Saleen Watts link looks to be the best hook up! One reason the cost is more, it comes with a custom designed rear end cover for the center hook up!
Old 3/30/07, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
It will have to drop if it does essentially the same thing. The Saleen kit is more than twice the amount of the other two kits. If the Lakewood and The Fays does the job just as well or even close no one will buy the Saleen kit. It is a matter of suply and demand.
Right....that's why Steeda's crossmember still sells for over $300 while there are lots of companies making an identically performing crossmember for about $125.
The Saleen kit's only real advantage is weight savings (which is an important factor for guys that actually run road coarses. I agree that the Lakewood "U" bolts are cheap and put more stess on the axle housing than they should. But, I'm not really keen on the differential cover solution that Saleen uses. I think the Fays2 is the best of the three choices foor a car that is driven on the street.
One additional thing to consider on the Saleen pricing is that the kit includes the rear roll stabilizing bar in the kit. Not that it warrants a $600 markup...but it does justify another $200.
Old 3/30/07, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

hi all,
my performance/auto technician buddy read over the lakewood write up, looked at the fays and saleen and he is not convinced of the usefulness.

he says it seems to him its a fancy panhard bar. i guess what he is saying if its truly worth the COST associated with it....

i guess for the serious road course driver yes, but for regular guys..not sure....

what does everyone else think?
Old 3/30/07, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi all,
he says it seems to him its a fancy panhard bar. i guess what he is saying if its truly worth the COST associated with it....
Well, first, it is NOT a panhard bar in any way shape or form. It completely replaces the need for a panhard bar. You should read through the FAQs on Fays website for more info.
The Fays is only about $300 more than a Steeda panhard and brace. Is it worth it? Well most of the parts for our cars will never see any where near their limit on the street. Will a guy with 600 HP ever get that car to hook up on street tires. No, but he still has bragging rights (until a car with 400 does hook and blows by him!!! ) So I guess the question is do you think it's worth it?
Old 3/30/07, 01:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wsmatau
Well, first, it is NOT a panhard bar in any way shape or form. It completely replaces the need for a panhard bar. You should read through the FAQs on Fays website for more info.
The Fays is only about $300 more than a Steeda panhard and brace. Is it worth it? Well most of the parts for our cars will never see any where near their limit on the street. Will a guy with 600 HP ever get that car to hook up on street tires. No, but he still has bragging rights (until a car with 400 does hook and blows by him!!! ) So I guess the question is do you think it's worth it?
yes...thats sounds about right....
it sure does look cool though!
Old 3/30/07, 07:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by wsmatau
I don't think it's worth it to 99% of the people on here. I track my car and just went with a Steeda Panhard brace. This setup works well enough and it proven on the track. If my car was to become a track only vehicle, I'd definetly be looking at a Fays setup.
Old 3/31/07, 05:27 PM

for street guys it's really a waste of money. the uneven surfaces and lack of grip on the streets negate the benefits in the first place.

Both the Lakewood and Fays are attached to the axle tubes - not so good.

I'm waiting for RossMustang.com to release theirs. Or guys can go with Griggs. The guys that will truly benefit from a Watt's link arent buying the lakewood or Fays units.
Old 3/31/07, 05:46 PM
Banned

I disagree. People who use it on the street will get some benefit from a watts linkage system. Maybe not as much as they would on the track but their will be a benift. A watts link is great for eliminating torque steer especially on uneven surfaces. There are also many places where there are curvy roads that are nice and smooth and would be fun for street drivers.
Old 4/1/07, 05:54 AM

hello all..
not a bad price..

$449 free shipping!
Try Summit Racing it cheaper $387.00
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...00+115&x=9&y=7
Old 4/1/07, 12:48 PM
V6 Member

A Watts linkage is superior to a panhard bar. A panhard bar connects to the car on one side and the axle on the other and operates on an arc. (great if turning in only one direction, like on a circle trick) The rear axle is almost never at dead center.

Watts linkage operates vertically making it the perfect solution for a car turning both left and right.

If you compare the Fays2 and the Lakewood, I think you will see the construction of the Fays2 is beefier and stronger.
Old 4/1/07, 12:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flounderlipps
Try Summit Racing it cheaper $387.00
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...00+115&x=9&y=7
Dam!!! At the price I'd say it's a no brainer if you were planning on getting an adjustable PH from BMR. The extra $200 seems worth it to me.
Old 4/2/07, 09:16 PM
Cobra Member

Looks nice enough. Not really keen on the axle clamp up solution. I like the Saleen PJ set up much better though.

hello all..
not a bad price..

$449 free shipping!