GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Kenne Belle for 05 - anyone with info?

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/05, 12:37 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have recently been playing catch-up the past few weeks and trying to expand my miniscule supercharger knowledge....

Just caught the Two Guys Garage on SPEED the other day where they installed the new Kenne Belle SC on that silver 05.... I know it isn;t out yet but does anyone have any details or info on it??...
Old 11/1/05, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep looking there (as well as whipple) every week or two and havent seen anything new other than the statement on KB (I think it was KB may have been whipple) that it would probably be december befor it was out.
One thing to watch for (I bring this up because i notice that you have the auto as I do) is a setup for the auto transmission. When I first started looking at the two, I sent email asking about using the supercharger with the auto and both replied similarly ... that they were still testing the auto transmission to see how much it would take and what they could do to improve it.
Somewhere there is a site that is doing a buildup on an 05 with an auto and they have already put in a supercharger (not sure what kind) and they reported that the transmission was only capable of handling about 400 hp/tq and they improved on that by 'loosening up the tourque converter'. No idea what they mean by that, its just what they reported doing.
I guess its looking like dec for them (unless you want a saleen, I believe they have theirs out now for something like 5-6 thousand, manual transmission only though, or at least thats all they are using it on), and hopefully when they do come out it will be for both transmissions.
Old 11/1/05, 01:36 PM
Big Falken Tires

Thanks for the feedback Butch - I think you are talking about Lidio and ALTERNATIVE AUTO and the testing they are doing with their new supercharger (Procharger?)

I have been digging what I have seen about the Saleen - especially the low boost - but have heard such good things about Kenne Belle I wanted to look into it. Yeah, I know the auto setup will definitely be out AFTER the manual.

Things is, I am not looking for kooky power output either. Just short of 400 is just fine with me. I would actually rather pay the money upfront (say for a Saleen that will go easier on the car) than go cheaper and have something that will cause something in the car to self destruct - and then I gotta lay out a bunch of green to fix it anyway......

Lets see if anyone else has input.... I thought I remebered reading a post somewhat recently on here about someone who finally heard back from KB and yeah, they mentioned December. Rationally, I can't even consider an SC on any level until mid next year anyway $$-wise so I have to be patient regardless - seeing that KB on that silver GT on SPEED though got me itching..... especially since the #$&@#^ thing was so darn QUIET too!!!! I LOVE that.....
Old 11/1/05, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

The Kenne Bell was quiet? I expected it to be loud, and not in the bad way. I think I'm defiantly going to go with Kenne Bell, but it'll be at the very least a year before I can even consider one money wise.

BTW I believe it is both KB and Whipple that have set the new dates for release as December.
Old 11/1/05, 06:26 PM
Big Falken Tires

The latest directly from Kenne Belle:

We are looking at 30 to 45 days for the release of this kit. The kit will be offered in the 2.4L model only and will work on a stock or built 05 GT. The kit will cost $5499.00 plus shipping. Please check back for more updates.

I also confirmed with them that the stick and AUTO versions will be released simultaneously.

If you read the Kenne Belle site they refer to their unit as 'whisper quiet'.
During the Two Guys Garage episode, during the dyno runs and afterwards when they pulled the car into their driveway, and then started it up to back it out, I could NOT hear an SC whine..........
Old 11/1/05, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unless something has changed a KB....they are NOT quiet! If you like the scream of a S/C then you will love the KB. Search the forums...I'm sure there are videos of KB cars (especially 03 Cobras). If you want quiet I would look at the Saleen. The KB absolutely screams at WOT...but in a good way....I can't help but smile when I hear it.
Old 11/1/05, 06:53 PM
smp

Originally posted by b_btrick@November 1, 2005, 12:55 PM
I keep looking there (as well as whipple) every week or two and havent seen anything new other than the statement on KB (I think it was KB may have been whipple) that it would probably be december befor it was out.
One thing to watch for (I bring this up because i notice that you have the auto as I do) is a setup for the auto transmission. When I first started looking at the two, I sent email asking about using the supercharger with the auto and both replied similarly ... that they were still testing the auto transmission to see how much it would take and what they could do to improve it.
Somewhere there is a site that is doing a buildup on an 05 with an auto and they have already put in a supercharger (not sure what kind) and they reported that the transmission was only capable of handling about 400 hp/tq and they improved on that by 'loosening up the tourque converter'. No idea what they mean by that, its just what they reported doing.
I guess its looking like dec for them (unless you want a saleen, I believe they have theirs out now for something like 5-6 thousand, manual transmission only though, or at least thats all they are using it on), and hopefully when they do come out it will be for both transmissions.
I think the saleen blower is a 2.3 whipple....
So far i am happy with mine...The guy that tunes my car,Adam at ST Motorsports said he will be getting one of the first offered to the public. Should be in the next couple of weeks. The Whipple i heard was going to be a 3.3