GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Kenne Bell 2.4L Supercharger Installed

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At the moment, my front bracket is nothing more than strip of metal strapping bent to shape to hold the front of the shaker at the right height and centered, and another to keep the rear centered. I need to have some better quality brackets made up. Once I get some drawings of my final design, sranger (Jeff) has graciously offered to make some for me in his shop! Thanks Jeff! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight of what it looks like now... even though it ain't purdy yet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 03:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I have been waiting for. Your car is making me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

Everything looks great.
Old 2/2/06, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Don,
Do you think your temporary brackets will hold up at the track this weekend? Hope so. Waiting for those vids you know. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Scott
Old 2/2/06, 05:05 PM

The temp brackets are sturdy... just not purdy. hehe
Old 2/2/06, 08:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 2, 2006, 10:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight of what it looks like now... even though it ain't purdy yet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img][/b][/quote]
OK, here are some pics of under the hood. Like I said, it's just a temporary situation until better brackets are designed/built. I also need to dress up the cut edges a little better. I just cut them with a dremel, and filed off the burrs. I haven't taken the time yet to try and make it look nice. Once I get the real brackets, I'll spend some time making it look better.

But the #1 important thing to me... is that it's on and I have a twin screw under it. Mission accomplished!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/woohoo.gif[/img]

Old 2/2/06, 09:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 1, 2006, 2:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nothing... I'm content with being the first "Twin Screw-Blown 05/06 Mustang with a Shaker Scoop" on the planet (well, that I know of at least). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
lol j/k [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Seriously... my goal has always been to have an 11-sec daily driver. We're not there yet, I'm sure. After a little testing at the track this Friday, we should be able to better dial in the 8# tune. Once that is done, I may step up to a 10# pulley and then get it dialed in. If I'm still not in the 11's, then I'll have to see what's holding it back... suspension, tranny, tires, whatever. That will dictate the next step.
[/b][/quote]

Dude, my 7 year old step son could get that thing in the 11's with what you have, and he doesn't even really like fast cars, he just pretends to. If you need a driver, let me know, Chalon and I come out to SD once a year and I KNOW she could stretch the valves out on your car. She has on ours, she didn't even let me know that she started shifting at 6500 RPM's until eliminations were over at BG for 6 or 8 runs just to get into the 11's and keep from shifting into 4th. J/K, I wouldn't let her do that to anyone else's car, have faith man, YOU CAN DO IT, I am seeing 11.50's. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 09:10 PM

Thanks Derek, but keep in mind we're not pushing the boost or the tune real hard (it's conservative), and I have an auto trans. We haven't even started to tune the tranny, yet. Right now the shift points are low (as is the rev limiter), and the shift firmness is a little soft. I'll know in 24 hours what it will do as is... in the 1/8-mile anyway. Frankly, I would be happy with consistent high 7's tomorrow.
Old 2/4/06, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don,
Inquiring minds want to know, how you did at the track last night
Old 2/4/06, 10:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FordRacing @ February 4, 2006, 9:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don,
Inquiring minds want to know, how you did at the track last night
[/b][/quote]

See my other thread...
Old 2/20/06, 10:06 AM

After fiddling with the Shaker Scoop off and on the past couple weeks, I'm getting closer to what I want. I have trimmed the driver's side to look more like the passenger side. I also now have hinges on the front bracket, so that the scoop can be tilted forward. This makes it simple to lift it up and see under the scoop. Also, I cut away the inside bottom part of the housing (under the scoop itself) so that when the car is moving, outside air is forced in right on top of the blower. This will help dissipate some of the heat from the supercharger. And even when the car is not moving, it provides for a "vent" for heat to escape. I'm still using temporary brackets because I didn't want to get better ones fabbed up until I knew exactly what I wanted and needed.

Old 2/20/06, 06:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 20, 2006, 12:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
After fiddling with the Shaker Scoop off and on the past couple weeks, I'm getting closer to what I want. I have trimmed the driver's side to look more like the passenger side. I also now have hinges on the front bracket, so that the scoop can be tilted forward. This makes it simple to lift it up and see under the scoop. Also, I cut away the inside bottom part of the housing (under the scoop itself) so that when the car is moving, outside air is forced in right on top of the blower. This will help dissipate some of the heat from the supercharger. And even when the car is not moving, it provides for a "vent" for heat to escape. I'm still using temporary brackets because I didn't want to get better ones fabbed up until I knew exactly what I wanted and needed.

[/b][/quote]

Geez Don,
Looks like you have put that shaker on a diet. Still having fit issues with mine but I will work them out.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

is there a boost gauge with that set-up? where did you mount it?
Old 2/20/06, 08:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 20, 2006, 5:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Geez Don,
Looks like you have put that shaker on a diet. Still having fit issues with mine but I will work them out.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

What kind of issues Scott... maybe I can help. I certainly know this shaker inside and out now. haha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nonsensez9 @ February 20, 2006, 6:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
is there a boost gauge with that set-up? where did you mount it?
[/b][/quote]

Not yet... gauges are on my "To Do" list.
Old 2/20/06, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

From the old shaker. and mickey, haha in FL. GOOD JOB DON.
Old 2/21/06, 04:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 20, 2006, 10:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What kind of issues Scott... maybe I can help. I certainly know this shaker inside and out now. haha
Not yet... gauges are on my "To Do" list.
[/b][/quote]

Hey Don,
Check out the tale end of this thread. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=45075
Thanks Scott
Old 3/4/06, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any idea what kind of rwhp/tq that thing is putting down @ 8lbs??????

BTW, awesome. F'ing awesome.
Old 3/4/06, 10:00 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(futuresvt @ March 4, 2006, 8:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Any idea what kind of rwhp/tq that thing is putting down @ 8lbs??????

BTW, awesome. F'ing awesome.
[/b][/quote]
It was putting down 415rwhp/380rwtq with an auto trans. But, right now it's "0". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 07:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

what happened??

Motor blow?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the other thread, bummer man...good luck on the rebuild.
Old 9/28/08, 03:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So what happened? What other thread? Did the motor blow? What blew?

This is probably where Saleen got the idea for the super shaker. Some CEO saw this and said to the engineers... "Make that, and make it functional, you got 2 years."
Old 9/28/08, 06:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
So what happened? What other thread? Did the motor blow? What blew?
Dude, this thread is 2 and a half years old.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.4L Supercharger Installed