GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

keep seeing low brake fluid on message center

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/07, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep seeing low brake fluid on message center

I have a 06 with the auto and a Bama race tune 93 and a John Demolet cold air intake.. The last couple of months its been trouble free, now if it sits I get a low brake fluid light along with low trac and abs light on.. I then put everthing back to stock and the lights went off... Do you think it could be Bama-chips or the cold air intake? I checked and double checked all the connections and the mass air meter.

Thanks
Old 10/31/07, 07:16 PM

I just checked my world stratagey code and couldnt pull it out the SCT is saying error and reading the code... I think they updated my ecm without telling me ... How do I find the new stratgey code? Could Doug send me out a new program with the updated code?
Old 11/1/07, 01:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it is saying "low brake fluid"...did you check the brake fluid? Mass air sensor and anything intake related will not cause anything related to brake system error lights.

The tune could possibly be causing something to read funny, but it's also possible that you are just low on brake fluid. These cars are notorious for leaking fluid from the resevoir cap.
Old 11/1/07, 02:55 AM

I checked the level at the brake booster and it was at the max level line..
Old 11/1/07, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

If they upgraded your ECM the car probably wouldn't start. Plug the SCT back in and try to read the strategy code again. I had trouble reading mine at first until I took it out and replugged the SCT back in.
Old 11/1/07, 06:23 PM

can a program go badd? I tried to go back stock which I did , but the issues stayed on ... I then was able to read the global stratagey and it was the same as before FBLF-152.. I am going to make a appointment next week to get in dyno tuned, its just got me stumped
Old 11/2/07, 07:44 AM
GT Member

low brake fluid light

Its probably the fluid level sensor in the master cylinder. You can't replace just the sensor, you have to replace the whole MC assembly.
Old 11/3/07, 06:10 AM

Thanks for the information, its going into the shop next week ..
Old 11/4/07, 09:54 AM

My '07 has done this three times so far...each time I was stuck in traffic, idling, on a very hot day. I think the air was running each time too. Brake fluid level is actually fine. It seems to be heat related. It's not the tune, as the first time it happened I was still stock. It happens so infrequently, I haven't taken it to the dealer, since they probably won't be able to duplicate it.