GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

K&N, 91 octane Tune, and Loumouths

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/05, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my Loudmouths installed Thursday...Vroom!

Saturday, My friend and I along with liquid adult refreshment, installed the K&N CAI and the Predator 91 octane tune....VERY NICE!

K&N was super easy....hardest part was fitting the rubber weather seal around box...everything else was unbolt/insert/rebolt....

Predator Tune was easier than that....hook up cable...select tune...follow screen commands....done! :headbang:

2 hours tops...and that includes running to the local Autozone for a torx scewdriver (they include one but by then the Millers were flowwing nicely and I didn't notice it in the bag)

Butt-o-Meter says power is up....especially in the the 3200-5500 rpm range. Hit 6500 on first drive....came so fast I almost hit rev limiter....WOW....much faster revs now!!

Neighbors say they heard me going up the "old deserted road" we all use to test mods.....said it had that "NASCAR" sound to it....

REALLY like this setup....doesn't void warranty (hope) and produces good power for the money....course' now I want a blower or a turbo.....

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Question: I used the canned 91 octane tune. Is there a specific K&N tune? Since I have NO CEL problems...unless the custom tune has GOBS more power I will probably keep as is....I run 93 octane and I have seen a 93 octane tune discussed but mine definetly had only 91....is there a 93 octane tune? Some people mention it...but also meantion all the problems they are having...not for me then.. :bang:

Jay
Old 6/20/05, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Did you get the $199 price on the K&N or was it the $500 tuner + cai deal? Where did you get it?
Old 6/20/05, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

The Lyin' King,

I got mine in kit form from RPM outlet (www.rpmoutlet.com). I was $499.95 for the K&N kit and Diablo Predator Tuner (which included the computer cable and remote power supply so you can download custom tunes from the internet). Free shipping also. I figure I got a good deal on it compared to what everyone else was paying for them seperatly. I also got the SLP Loudmouths at the same time ($224). They are in Texas and they had it to NC in 3 days by UPS. Everything was padded and sealed. Will probably be getting my underdrive pulley set from them too...got to decide which one tho...

Jay
Old 6/20/05, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Lime05owner@June 20, 2005, 1:37 PM
The Lyin' King,

I got mine in kit form from RPM outlet (www.rpmoutlet.com). I was $499.95 for the K&N kit and Diablo Predator Tuner (which included the computer cable and remote power supply so you can download custom tunes from the internet). Free shipping also. I figure I got a good deal on it compared to what everyone else was paying for them seperatly. I also got the SLP Loudmouths at the same time ($224). They are in Texas and they had it to NC in 3 days by UPS. Everything was padded and sealed. Will probably be getting my underdrive pulley set from them too...got to decide which one tho...

Jay
Thanks for the info Jay!