GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Just got the nitrous kit installed. (56k beware)

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/05, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had the nitrous kit installed.

Zex 2005 Mustang GT Kit 75-175
Zex Bottle Heater
Zex Remote Bottle Opener
Zex Purge Kit
MSD Window Switch (3000rpm - 6000rpm)
Autometer Pillar Pods
Autometer Nitrous Pressure gauge
Autometer A/F gauge

Here are some pics.. ran out of batteries for under hood shots. Car will be tuned Sep. 22 by my local tuning guru. Will tune for 100 jets.

Will take some more pictures..
Will report back with Dyno and track results.
My best NA run to date is 13.2
Old 9/21/05, 11:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice!! Very discreet....
Old 9/21/05, 11:11 PM
GT Member

Take pics of the purge!
Old 9/21/05, 11:13 PM

last pic has it purging
Old 9/21/05, 11:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by speedslave@September 22, 2005, 12:16 AM
last pic has it purging
darn, didn't even notice it!

Question though, if you're hiding the bottle, why have guages on the a-pillar?!

most awesome setup though man, post some times soon!
Old 9/21/05, 11:30 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome to the N2O Injected 05+ Stang Club. You should be good to go for an easy 12.4 with the best of conditions.

What are your 60 foots with those tires?

-Dan
Old 9/21/05, 11:37 PM

pillar gauge mount is hard to spot out, when the tinted windows are up. My goal wasnt to hide the system, just wanted a clean install like Clevelands. I like having trunk space

My best 60ft on a soft launch (42-4500rpm) was 1.8088 @ 14psi
Gunna go 13psi and launch harder, as I was still bogging my first time at the track.

Wish me luck. I don't want to jinx myself, but my goal for this year was to go mid 12s.
Old 9/21/05, 11:49 PM
Cobra Member

Well, you are definitely neck and neck with me and more than one way. Very nice install, I especially like the Bottle mount.

Since Im looking @ a high 12second setup without the use of nitrous when I get around to getting my LCA relocation brackets, 410 gears and Mickey Thompsons Radials both of us should be good for a low 12 with the right conditions and driving.

I've got a few issues to deal with before I make anymore nitrous runs but Im good for a 12.65 @ 115 with my current setup. My best run though is a 12.8 @ 97 <- torque converter lockup is my issue.

-Dan
Old 9/22/05, 06:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I like it! I like the bottle in the spare tire hole, looks like the carpet cover fits flush so the trunk floor is flat, does it? Is there a disadvantage to not mounting the bottle at an angle, with then nozzles higher?

Also like where you've got the switches mounted. What is each switch for? heater/arm nozzle/purge, etc.

Looks great, let us know of the results. :worship:
Old 9/22/05, 07:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I will have to wait for Beach Bend to get my 1/4 mile times but last night was the best pass that I had to date and it was against an 06 GTO no less. I got into the 7 second club! I ate that GTO for lunch. It was one of those ego busters for the Goat driver. You should have heard him bragging before the race.. He actually chose to run against me twice. He asked me to turn the bottle off for the second run because he said I was cheating with the nitrous so I did. I still beat him. After I beat him the second time he parked his precious Goat in the grass and never made another run.

Best run of the night was a 7.98 @ 88.56
Old 9/22/05, 07:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by rhoover2@September 22, 2005, 8:15 AM
I will have to wait for Beach Bend to get my 1/4 mile times but last night was the best pass that I had to date and it was against an 06 GTO no less. I got into the 7 second club! I ate that GTO for lunch. It was one of those ego busters for the Goat driver. You should have heard him bragging before the race.. He actually chose to run against me twice. He asked me to turn the bottle off for the second run because he said I was cheating with the nitrous so I did. I still beat him. After I beat him the second time he parked his precious Goat in the grass and never made another run.

Best run of the night was a 7.98 @ 88.56
Nice job on the GTO kill. I know a few GTO owners, and they both brag on their car a little too much. Good thing you gave one a little attitude adjustment.
Old 9/22/05, 07:55 AM

Originally posted by Hatchman@September 22, 2005, 7:06 AM
I like it! I like the bottle in the spare tire hole, looks like the carpet cover fits flush so the trunk floor is flat, does it? Is there a disadvantage to not mounting the bottle at an angle, with then nozzles higher?

Also like where you've got the switches mounted. What is each switch for? heater/arm nozzle/purge, etc.
The bottle is mounted at an angle, just doesnt showin the picture. The carpet cover fits perfectly flush.

going clock wise... for the switch layout. Bottle Opener/Bottle Heater/System Arming/Purge

Thank you all for the feedback!
Old 9/22/05, 09:03 AM
FR500 Member

Great setup! One thing I would personally change and that's the location of the purge hose. I would either hide it completely, like under the car somewhere, or split it into two and route them (with longer lines) up to the grille. When I do my NOS kit, I'll set up my purge lines to make it look like my "horse" is breathing out of it's nostrils (the fog lights) like another member of this site did. Putting the purge outlets by the windshield make it look like a rice car IMO.

I like the clean setup, and understand you want trunk space, but where's your spare tire?
Old 9/22/05, 09:22 AM

The car is not my daily driver. I have a set of 18s for daily driving and i have my stock bullits mounted with drag radials, the only reason the bullits are on the car is I was being lazy and will be going to the track this weekend.

I really don't take road trips with the car, so giving up the spare tire wasn't an issue for me.

The purge was mounted in that location, i can see the plume and stop purging when it's all nitrous. So it serves a purpose, hardly rice IMO. To each their own

You state when you do your "NOS" kit.. I'm confused your future mods state Zex Nitrous kit, I did not know HOLLEY/NOS made a kit for the 05, or are you building a custom one like Cleveland.
Old 9/22/05, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Eh, soooooooo many DOMESTIC vehicles put their purge exit point by the windshield Acadian. You should fix your concept of rice. :

When I purge, through the grill, I cant directly watch the plume so I just hold the switch for the few seconds or so and do it 3 times. Hopefully Im clearing the lines of the old.

-Dan
Old 9/22/05, 09:40 AM
FR500 Member

Guys, I wasn't trying to be insulting... I've only seen rice cars with their purge exits like that. As well as the cars in NFS Underground, etc. Maybe I'm naive, I admit.

I said NOS, because that's a general term used for nitrous kits. I would like to get an actual NOS brand kit if they are making one when I end up doing this, but I put ZEX on my list because that's what's out now and will most likely be the brand I go with.

What you said about being able to see the nitrous purge makes sense. I still like the idea of being different and not like the rice cars I have seen with purges there. Since I have hood pins, I may mount my purge hoses to my hood bolts so that the purge shoots up through the holes in the hood. That would still simulate the "horse" look while also being different... and I would be able to see the purge. Like you said... to each their own, right?
Old 9/22/05, 09:47 AM

it's all good.
I know what you're talking about with NFS games.. ugh. No wonder our youth are driving 4 bangers with bumble bee exhaust.

Cleveland went the custom route for a nitrous system, I thought maybe you changed your mind on the Zex system. I think the custom route has more room for growth. Zex was just readily available to me, and easy to deal with.

I actually like the purge out the grill, I watched Cleveland's purge video, and it definately looks BAD hiney.
Old 9/22/05, 10:02 AM
FR500 Member

You got a link to that vid? I must have missed that.

Edit: Found it... purge video
Old 9/22/05, 02:21 PM

Nice job on the install and pics. I have my arming switch in the same place. I wasn't trying to hide it either, just keep from destroying my console and dash with gadgets. Should be interesting to see some of your times. Let us know as soon as you do, I am sure you will.
Old 9/22/05, 07:47 PM
Cobra Member

Nice clean install!

I hardlined my purge's out by the fog's and it is hard to see. I have to have a buddy let my know when I'm clear... :bang: It look's cool though, fire breathing Pony...I still haven't pulled the trigger though, I have two full bottles filled and ready but I'm waiting on custom tune work. I also have colder plug's ready to go, I just don't want to get impatient and blow up anything... I still have to install my heater's and the remote opener's as well. I have to build another panel to mount the rest of the switches. I really like Zex product's, the part's seem well made and they have good customer service.

Quick Reply: Just got the nitrous kit installed. (56k beware)