GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Just got the Magnaflow exhaust system and have questions!

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/14, 01:23 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got the Magnaflow exhaust system and have questions!

I bought the axel back system almost 4 years ago and finally got around to getting the high flow cats and x-pipe. I'm having an issue the dealer can't seem to figure out... When I start the car after sitting and exhaust is cold, it's really loud and water is dripping from the connecting pipes just after the cats. Goes away after about 10 seconds but this doesn't seem normal, had plenty of exhaust systems in the past and never had that happen. Also, when driving around and I step on it there's a loud hissing type noise coming from it.. is this normal for this system or is there a problem? Sounds like a leak coming from the connecting pipes.. dealer tightened the pipes up fully and I even checked them but still seems to leak water when cold.....! Anyone have an issue like this with this system? I'm ready to put the stock h-pipe back on!!
Old 8/20/14, 08:01 AM
GT Member

Anyone??
Old 8/22/14, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone else may chime in, but 1) is the exhaust only louder when you start it and it runs until the idle drops? and 2) the water dripping after startup when cold is part of the combustion process. Both of these are normal. If this is the case with both instances I would find another dealer or different mechanic at the dealer as that one doesn't know jack. Good luck!
Old 8/25/14, 02:04 AM

You don't realize how much water is in gas do to ethanol. Use an oil catch can and you will see tons of water in the tank, how ever the summers you will not see water collected. Its really very upsetting seeing how expensive fuel is to catch all that water. Plus I don't like water even in small amounts going into my engine. You will see water drip as a byproduct of ethanol leaving the tail pipe.
Old 8/25/14, 04:36 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KenCarroll
You don't realize how much water is in gas do to ethanol. Use an oil catch can and you will see tons of water in the tank, how ever the summers you will not see water collected. Its really very upsetting seeing how expensive fuel is to catch all that water. Plus I don't like water even in small amounts going into my engine. You will see water drip as a byproduct of ethanol leaving the tail pipe.
rofl Condensation from hot exhaust/cold pipes has occurred long before ethanol.
Old 8/25/14, 07:18 AM
GT Member

The water dripping isn't coming from the tail pipes, it's coming from the pipe that connects the x-pipe to the cat pipe. I took it to a performance shop over the weekend and they replaced all the clamps and sealed everything the best they could but is still dripping water and when I start it cold it sounds like something's rattling until the idle drops.... I never had a problem like this with the stock h-pipe or any other system I've ever had on any other car I've owned. This can't be normal with this exhaust can it?? If it is then I'm going back to the stock h-pipe and sending this system back!
Old 8/29/14, 10:19 AM
GT Member

I've decided to go back to the stock h-pipe so if anyone's interested in this system (2 high flow cats and x-pipe) let me know. Magnaflow won't accept parts that are already installed on cars so I have to sell it privately.
Old 10/5/14, 08:39 PM

Got any pics and a price
Old 10/6/14, 09:04 AM
GT Member

This is part #15448. The passenger side O2 sensor wouldn't come out so that's included too. Asking $500
Attached Images  

Last edited by OneCoolGT; 10/6/14 at 09:06 AM.