GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Just gopt my car dynoed...

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/06, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigWorm2005GT @ February 25, 2006, 1:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I'm sure they noticed it was an auto, as well, but the Mustang model prior to ours with an automatic was a 4-speed auto, with 4th being the Overdrive gear, and 3rd as the 1:1 gear. On ours, 5th is the Overdrive gear, and 4th is the 1:1 gear, which is the right one to use for dyno-testing.

Just ask them which gear they used for dyno-testing and you'll have your answer. And, don't get too stressed about the numbers! Remember, what counts is that you have fun driving it! Numbers are just that... numbers. Speaking for myself, I get a lot bigger smile on my face mashing down on the "pedal on the right" than looking at a dyno chart.

Good luck! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Eric
[/b][/quote]

yea ill call them back up, and tell them what gear they were in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

im just worried cause my engine is running to rich right now, and i could really mess thing up.

i dunno i guess i just want my moneys worth [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baginoman2 @ February 25, 2006, 1:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yea ill call them back up, and tell them what gear they were in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

im just worried cause my engine is running to rich right now, and i could really mess thing up.

i dunno i guess i just want my moneys worth [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'm curious, as to why you did not ask them about which gear you would be in when you took it to the dyno? Have you even contacted Ken to inform him about the low A/F? You do not need to send the unit back, just contact him, and if possible send him the dyno charts. After I got my tune from him, I had the dyno run, and E-mailed him the actual graphs from the dyno run. If you ran on a Dynojet, you should contact they dyno shop, and have them E-mail the actual files with the A/F graph, to you. This way Ken can look at them and make the adjustments. When I contacted him over the phone, and sent him the dyno results, he had new tunes sent to me via Email the same day, with the adjustment for the new gears that I will be installing on monday. I will then rerun on the Dyno to see if everything is cool. No reason to get upset just give him a call.
Old 2/25/06, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jvm051 @ February 25, 2006, 9:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm curious, as to why you did not ask them about which gear you would be in when you took it to the dyno? Have you even contacted Ken to inform him about the low A/F? You do not need to send the unit back, just contact him, and if possible send him the dyno charts. After I got my tune from him, I had the dyno run, and E-mailed him the actual graphs from the dyno run. If you ran on a Dynojet, you should contact they dyno shop, and have them E-mail the actual files with the A/F graph, to you. This way Ken can look at them and make the adjustments. When I contacted him over the phone, and sent him the dyno results, he had new tunes sent to me via Email the same day, with the adjustment for the new gears that I will be installing on monday. I will then rerun on the Dyno to see if everything is cool. No reason to get upset just give him a call.
[/b][/quote]

yea the problem is the guy at the dyno said he couldnt send the dyno charts through email [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] ...i have the sheet though....
Old 2/25/06, 09:31 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have a baseline dyno to compare?

Looking at my dyno spreadsheet I see the following # for members

elvisim: automatic stock had 255rwhp and 269rwtq. He didn't id the type of dynameter

6505pony: auto with c&L CAI, Borla catback, sct2 tune with 266rwhp 278 rwtq on a dynojet.

Here's the spreadsheet so you can take a look yourself.
Old 2/25/06, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

na man, but im pretty sure i should be running higher. Plus my A/f is 10.2 and 10.4..so theres more power in this whole thing