GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Johnbleakleyford/ ford racing/cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/07, 09:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright got a deal worked out with dealer sunset ford, they are going to install the 373's and the sway bar kit also on feb 6th. I dont really have time till then. So I will report back once they are in.
Old 1/25/07, 09:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I purchased my FRPP/Stinger there... no one could touch their price
Old 1/26/07, 10:53 AM
Cobra R Member

well as always they come through, I just purchased the rear end girdle for the 8.8 it looks awesome and they of course are beating everyone elses price. Tell him I sent youl, LOL. I also got the stud kit for the girdle.
Old 1/26/07, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wanted to say thanks to sodaman for this post.

I just ordered the M5300K FRPP lowering springs John Bleakley for 159
what a great price !!! I'll probably be getting the 3.73 or 4.10s next !!!
Old 1/26/07, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
well as always they come through, I just purchased the rear end girdle for the 8.8 it looks awesome and they of course are beating everyone elses price. Tell him I sent youl, LOL. I also got the stud kit for the girdle.
NICE!
Old 1/26/07, 12:26 PM
Cobra R Member

no problem habu, cool a 70 dollar savings, wayne is a cool cat. They will take care of you. For the Ford Racing stuff I dont think many can beat there prices. Let me know how your lowering spring kit works out for you. That is one mod I havent done, was going to wait a while and see how it handles etc with the ford racing sway bar kit. The only two ford people I am using for parts is KC for the regular ford parts you cant beat his service and pricing. For Ford Racing johnbleakleyford only because KC doesnt get breaks on that stuff, and like I said wayne seems pretty cool, and hes saving me a lot of money. Which I need as much help as possible with since I have mod-itus, LOL. later
Old 1/26/07, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I think I'm fat enough to get one of those girdles. Can you PM me and tell me what the total was? Thanks for the heads up!
Old 1/26/07, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bleakley has been a class dealership btw. I ordered my car there September of 04 and they accepted x-plan without batting an eye. Their parts and service group are good too. Site is completely hosed though.
Old 1/26/07, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

I think the stud kit which is optional was 27 bucks and the girdle was like 160 I think. I am going to have the dealership throw it on when there doing the gears, so combined install, cheaper on the labor,lol. Ill take some pics etc. when i get it done on the 6th.
Old 1/27/07, 09:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Forgive me for asking, but why is there not an official URL for this site ( ie - www.johnbleakleyford.com )? My gut tells me that this is a little suspicious looking.
Old 1/27/07, 09:45 AM
Cobra R Member

what do you mean, there url is johnbleakleyford.com just like you show there link, it is just set up showing there ip addresses instead of a name. It is just the way there ip provider has it set up. name is same thing as a number, you just usually see the name and not the number, but the number is what gets you there on all sites, i.p. address that is. If you cant tell they dont throw lots of money at there website. Instead they discount that too you!!!!!!!! Suspicious, well obviously you havent read the hundreds of posts about these guys in the past, thats where half this board bought the frpp/borla exhausts. They are great nothing suspicious about it at all, buddy. Get the cheapest prices, if you dont want that, then yes that is suspicious, LOL. later all.
Old 1/27/07, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fryguy
Forgive me for asking, but why is there not an official URL for this site ( ie - www.johnbleakleyford.com )? My gut tells me that this is a little suspicious looking.
It looks like they are hosting their FRPP page on a different server than their main site. Instead of purchasing a separare domain name such as bleakleyfrppp.com and a web certificate, they are merely linking to it using the IP address. IMO, their web order page is not secure and it appears that web order information is sent unencrypted.

I live not far from John Bleakely Ford. I have always made my purchases in person. It's a decent Ford Dealership with an even larger RV dealership nearby (bleakelyrv.com). The Ford Racing parts shop, located behind the Ford dealership, is very small in appearance. The guys who work there are always courteous, but designing the website is probably out of their hands.

They have a link where you can provide feedback. You should click or call them and tell them in a polite way to improve the security and functionality of their web page. It would improve business.
Old 1/27/07, 06:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

When I ordered my springs, when it gets to the actual order part there was a SSL certificate image, although I guess anyone could put the image on the page. Honestly I didn't check to see if it was hitting a HTTPS page or not, bad on my part.

I agree that hitting an IP directly seems suspicious, but within maybe 1/2 hour of me ordering my part I got an email saying that my parts will ship the same day. I called of course ahead of time to talk to Wayne so he knew the order was coming in.

All in all I am satisfied and will be even more so when the parts arrive. Even if the page looks a little sketchy.
Old 2/12/07, 05:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The springs are listed at 159, but I am getting a diffferent price for the sway bars.