GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT pics needed for new ad.

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/06, 06:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JLT pics needed for new ad.

We are in the process of updating the JLT ad for Muscle Mustangs and 5.0 and need a good bright 05-07 GT JLT pic to use.
I have tons of pics, but nothing thats just right.

Were looking for a good over head shot or high right corner showing the intake and the corner of the car. Obviously the intake needs to be the focus.
COLOR KITS only, please. Primary colors are great, any yellows, reds or blues, will be best, but send me what you have no matter the color. If it's a perfect shot we'll use it. Sorry, black. I love black, but bright colors catch the eye and that's what we need.

Also, it needs to be a series 2 and have the full JLT heat shield.

Please email them directly to me or post them here. I'll grab them and let you know.

Thank you all so much for your support

Jay
Old 8/17/06, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got em real soon maybe 5 min ill go take some
Old 8/17/06, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

hire a local photographer maybe? That's what they do
Old 8/18/06, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Error404
hire a local photographer maybe? That's what they do
They?
Old 8/18/06, 04:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Who Needs a Pro?

Jay here are some low res shots, I will email the better ones later. Sorry I didn't do it last week, work has me busier than a hooker on nickle blow job night.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails JLT pics needed for new ad.-finished.jpg   JLT pics needed for new ad.-finished-rear.jpg   JLT pics needed for new ad.-how-you-like.jpg  
Old 8/18/06, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

think he looking for some JLT shots, not the front of the car...
Old 8/18/06, 07:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Scooter, but all I was illustrating is that one doesn't need a "Pro" to take quality photos. And my car does have a JLT, I just didn’t have a pic of it handy.
Old 8/18/06, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2L8IWON
Thanks Scooter, but all I was illustrating is that one doesn't need a "Pro" to take quality photos. And my car does have a JLT, I just didn’t have a pic of it handy.
I didn't say you had to be a pro to take quality photos. (there are some pretty darn good amateurs out there!) I'm just saying that if someone wants photos for advertising, I think it's wrong to ask for free images, there should at least be some compensation I think. Just my opinion anyway.
Old 8/18/06, 09:15 PM

I didn't say you had to be a pro to take quality photos. (there are some pretty darn good amateurs out there!) I'm just saying that if someone wants photos for advertising, I think it's wrong to ask for free images, there should at least be some compensation I think. Just my opinion anyway.
Pretty strong opinion. He just wants a photo and I'm pretty sure most anyone with a JLT would love to tell people that "the pic in that magazine is my car".
Old 8/19/06, 06:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

I agree with 169stang, I think that the bragging rights alone to have a company use your car in thier advertisement would be sweet!!!!!
Old 8/19/06, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2L8IWON
I agree with 169stang, I think that the bragging rights alone to have a company use your car in thier advertisement would be sweet!!!!!
Count me in on that thought would be nice to be able to show folks your car in print.....only problem is mine is the "black" JLT
Old 8/19/06, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 169stang
Pretty strong opinion. He just wants a photo and I'm pretty sure most anyone with a JLT would love to tell people that "the pic in that magazine is my car".
Maybe it is a strong opinion, oh well. But he doesn't 'just want a photo', he wants a photo to advertise with, to bring money in to his business with. Anyway, sorry for railroading the thread, I'll shut up now.
Old 8/19/06, 11:42 AM

I'll shut up now.
uh...okay
Old 8/19/06, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Maybe it is a strong opinion, oh well. But he doesn't 'just want a photo', he wants a photo to advertise with, to bring money in to his business with. Anyway, sorry for railroading the thread, I'll shut up now.
If he hired a pro he would just pass the cost on to the consumer (as every business does with costs). I see from your sig you are a photographer, how much would a "professional" product shoot cost?

I would glady take a pic f mine, but Jay is discriminating against those of us with Black JLTs.
Old 8/19/06, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

I think people browse threads just so they can post negative comments, seems to be rampant on this site anymore. I think most people would think it's pretty cool to have their car in a major publication, even if it's just an ad. Would be cool to show friends and say "dude thats my car!" Thats compensation enough, atleast in my view. If I had a JLT, I'd be out snapping shots hoping to get the ad.
Old 8/20/06, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the great pics man, that car is SMOKEN!.

As said above, I could hire a professional to take pics here locally as about 90% of the 05-07 here have the kit, but that costs money.
I also could hire more people and get a bigger building to pump more product out the door, that cost money too.

Any idea who would be helping me pay for this?? You!
We are the lowest priced company in this market and produce some of the top numbers. So I think asking for a pic from a customer with the oppertunity to have it in a mag. is no big deal.

I thought some would be honored to have a pic of there car in a ad for someone, but the very 2nd post is from some smart a$$ telling me how to run my business.
As someone said, there are people out there who just troll these threads and post what ever they please. This screws it up for the rest of us looking for info., help, pics, advice and just plain car talk.
If you want to fight, get off the keyboard and go down to the local bar and do it face to face. If you wouldn't say it to my face don't type in on the internet!

Back on track,
I got many pics and I thank you all. The ad is complete and will be out in the Nov. SEMA issue of MM&FF.

Jay
Old 8/20/06, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

where the heck did you get the idea that I want to fight you? wow. Check your email.
Old 8/20/06, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

where the heck did you get the idea that I want to fight you? wow. Check your email.
You read it wrong. He is saying if you want to fight about something go to a place where you can find someone to do it person with.
Old 8/21/06, 06:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2MFF
You read it wrong. He is saying if you want to fight about something go to a place where you can find someone to do it person with.
Exactly, thank you.
I thought the analogy was clear.

Now I have emails telling me to "Back off"

Get over it dude, I got the pics I need and was able to make a customer happy in the process, Plus keep prices down. Double bonus
Old 8/21/06, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tucker
Now I have emails telling me to "Back off"
no, you have *an* email, not emails. unless someone else is emailing you as well.

best of luck with the advertisements, and again, I apologize for screwing up your thread, as I mentioned in the email this subject kind of hits home a little, as images are my life (literally), so I apologize for being out of line.