GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT CAI FOR SALE!

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 94tbird@June 5, 2005, 10:18 PM
lol didnt u read the other thread where he ranted about the filter fallnig off over n over again and someone bought this? haha well i guess theres a stinker who will buy anything out there. Not bashing the product cause i kno nothing about it but this particular one seemed to have problems. read that post

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26155
Dude, they're not getting it.

People, this kid was pulling a fast one! He was trying to sell it cos it kept falling off (per the above referenced thread), the snake!

This is not in the spirit of these forums. Mods, where are you?
Old 6/8/05, 03:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If he wishes to sell it and someone wants to buy it, I do not see a problem.
Old 6/8/05, 06:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by celticstanger@June 7, 2005, 8:08 PM
Dude, they're not getting it.

People, this kid was pulling a fast one! He was trying to sell it cos it kept falling off (per the above referenced thread), the snake!

This is not in the spirit of these forums. Mods, where are you?
Sounds like a pretty good reason to sell it to me.
Like jgsmuzzy said, "If he wishes to sell it and someone wants to buy it, I do not see a problem."
Old 6/8/05, 09:19 AM
V6 Member

yea... the problems had been reported before. everyone knew what problems peopl ehad been having. i didnt have a defective unit.... it was just the hot weather conditions here in dallas. and i honestly did get told my warranty was gone by Sam Packs Five Star Ford in Carrollton. My parents werent happy about that. the kit was in perfect condition and there was nothing wrong with it... how am i a snake?

...and also, as i just recalled, i took the thing off the market after talking to my parents... it wasnt until this happened on the highway ot once but twice that i thought it was a problem.
Old 6/10/05, 06:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@June 7, 2005, 9:37 AM
Hawgman,
At the risk of starting another "Magnusson" argument, let me say that I do not entirely agree with your interpretation or advice. You might want to check out this Website to see how the FTC interprets the Magnusson Act. About half way down the page, there is an explanation of the "Tie-In Sales Provisions" of the act, which is what we are talking about. I would think the FTC's interpretation of the Act would be a good source of info.

The Boss Hog . . . . just my opinion

As you say, at the risk of starting another Magnusson arguement....
Without even going to the link and reading, my understanding of it is:

A vehicle warranty cannot be voided because of the addition of an aftermarket part. IF you have a failure and it can be demonstraited that the aftermarket part was the cause of the failure, then a warranty claim can be denied for the repair of that failure. So are you suggesting that is an incorrect interpretation of the act?

But for people to keep saying that they put on X part and now their entire warranty is void is complete BS. Hey, I put on a CAI and my transmission went out and my dealer said I voided my warranty....yea, whatever.