GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT CAI PREDATOR TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/05, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Everyone,
We have a tune for the JLT CAI . I have spent alot of hours getting the tune right (repeatable,good fuel trims) and now feel it is ready for release. All testing was done on my 05GT VERT 5spd and with just the Predator tune and JLT CAI we have been seeing 283-285 RWHP and 302-307 RWTQ. The car was not dyno'd with an SCT tune for comparison but feel these are very comparable #'s. I will be on vacation next week and am asking people that want it now to email me no later than noon on Friday 4/15. I will be back on 4/25. I will only be offering tunes for now on cars with similiar mods (JLT, gear changes, axle back exhaust, underdrive pulleys). THIS TUNE HAS NOT BEEN TESTED WITH LONG TUBE HEADERS, OFF-ROAD EXHAUST OR DELETE PLATES. The tune will be offered for use with Premium Fuel 91+ oct. The cost of the tune is $75.00 and we are only accepting paypal for now to hughestang@***.net . If you would like a tune for 87oct it will be an additonal $25.00. Sorry about the additional cost but it takes me more time to do these tunes this way. Please go to the Diablosport website (http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads_05stang_crom.php) for the procedures in sending me your stock file. Look at #1 you will need the PC Interface kit which you can get from Radio Shack and the DSdownloader. Please read the DSdownloader instructions. Your basically emailing me your stock tune which I am modifying and sending back to you. It may seem complicated at first but will be easy once you do it. Please send your stock tune or questions to Brent@dtpracing.com.
Sorry for the delay in getting this out but I like to do at least a week of daily driving to make sure there won't be any issues and to check for repeatability.

Thanks,

Brent Hughes
Dyno Tuned Performance, Inc
(757)549-DYNO
Old 4/12/05, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

excellent news, Brent. Thanks for posting.
Old 4/12/05, 09:58 PM
FR500 Member

Gee and I get my Predator this week too

I'm in no rush yet, have a great vacation!
Old 4/12/05, 10:05 PM

No problem Purple Hayz and thanks SixtySix, I will! Let me know when your ready for the tune.

Brent
Old 4/13/05, 06:49 AM
GT Member

What about a tune for the auto's?
Old 4/13/05, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Can you say " Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet""

Good to hear Brent!
Old 4/13/05, 07:36 AM

The automatic tune will be worked on when we return from vacation. If everything goes well, should be released on April 27.

Brent
Dyno Tuned Performance, Inc.
757-549-DYNO
Old 4/13/05, 08:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
If we have not gotten the CAI from Tucker yet, do we still go thru you for the tune?
Old 4/13/05, 09:00 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by DTPRACING@April 13, 2005, 6:39 AM
The automatic tune will be worked on when we return from vacation. If everything goes well, should be released on April 27.

Brent
Dyno Tuned Performance, Inc.
757-549-DYNO
Ooooh, good point, didn't know there would be different tunes for the auto, see now I'm really not in a rush

If you could turn off torque management, that would be too cool! (I like living a little dangerously)
Old 4/13/05, 09:43 AM

Yes, you still go through us for the tune, please re-read 1st post and follow the procedures.
Old 4/29/05, 11:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Just as I suspected you and Jay have been not been truthful with us about this tune. Like I said previously in a posting here where I said I bet you did not even have a test mule and you did not until your GF got the Vert.

By your own admission All testing was done on my 05 vert.

Well we know when the vert came out so its fact that you and Jay lied to us all along saying Its just around the corner. Just a few more days that turned out to be Weeks and weeks while you waited on her/your car.
You creditability has just gone to the dogs. I have the pipe but I do not trust your outrageously over priced tune. You/Jay lied to us repeatedly and who knows if you even know what you are doing in the first place!!! I will take mine to a local tuner I can trust.
Old 4/29/05, 11:50 PM
V6 Member

My 87 octane DTP tune runs great. Love the sound of the JLT when it hits 4K!! :drive:
Old 4/30/05, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Mongoose@April 29, 2005, 11:08 PM
Just as I suspected you and Jay have been not been truthful with us about this tune. Like I said previously in a posting here where I said I bet you did not even have a test mule and you did not until your GF got the Vert.

By your own admission All testing was done on my 05 vert.

Well we know when the vert came out so its fact that you and Jay lied to us all along saying Its just around the corner. Just a few more days that turned out to be Weeks and weeks while you waited on her/your car.
You creditability has just gone to the dogs. I have the pipe but I do not trust your outrageously over priced tune. You/Jay lied to us repeatedly and who knows if you even know what you are doing in the first place!!! I will take mine to a local tuner I can trust.

ouch, that'll leave a mark
Old 4/30/05, 01:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@April 29, 2005, 11:08 PM
I have the pipe but I do not trust your outrageously over priced tune.

I will take mine to a local tuner I can trust.

Let us know if that local tuner is cheaper. Since DTP is so "outrageous", you should pay way less than $75 at a local shop, right.

I am not sure why you waited this long, I guess just so you have something to complain about. Heck, you said you were going to a local shop awhile ago, but I guess you haven't since you are still complaining about DTP's tune.

How can you complain about something when you have other options (that you claim are better), but you don't act on them?
Old 4/30/05, 03:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Chris I am trying to get 2000 miles on this second one before I install the pipe. The first one (manual) has the miles on it. I expect to pay 200 plus for a custom tune that includes the dyno and broadband testing. If I purchased a tune on line I would still have it proven out with testing. Would you not do the same thing? I believe fifty bucks is a fair price for a canned tune since it has to be tested anyway. Is it not a gamble that it may or may not work on your GT? Sorry I seem to be complaining all the time but this whole deal has put a burr under my saddle and I get angry when someone is not truthful. I apologize to all.
There is no question in my mind that Jay's system is the best I have seen even if it is made from water pipe.The price is right. You have to give him credit due. If the rest of us were so smart we would be selling them. Vent over/finished !!
Old 4/30/05, 03:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Chris I am trying to get 2000 miles on this second one before I install the pipe. The first one (manual) has the miles on it. I expect to pay 200 plus for a custom tune that includes the dyno and broadband testing. If I purchased a tune on line I would still have it proven out with testing. Would you not do the same thing? I believe fifty bucks is a fair price for a canned tune since it has to be tested anyway. Is it not a gamble that it may or may not work on your GT? Sorry I seem to be complaining all the time but this whole deal has put a burr under my saddle and I get angry when someone is not truthful. I apologize to all.
There is no question in my mind that Jay's system is the best I have seen even if it is made from water pipe.The price is right. You have to give him credit due. If the rest of us were so smart we would be selling them. Vent over/finished !!
Old 4/30/05, 03:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry about the double posting.
Old 4/30/05, 03:25 PM
FR500 Member

I will chime in here, just to throw a little reason into the mix. He said anytime now, pretty much the same thing just about all of us were told we'd get delivery of our cars.

Did it ever occur to you, that he expected delivery week's before he actually got the car?

Seems to me lot's of people want to hang on to details that don't mean squat when it comes to Jay/DTP.

Give it a rest.
Old 4/30/05, 04:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@April 30, 2005, 3:16 PM
Sorry I seem to be complaining all the time but this whole deal has put a burr under my saddle
Understood.

I probably won't check/verify the tune. I know some others will. And if they have a problem with the canned tune, they will let us know. That is the great thing about this board. For now, I will accept the tune, and plan on buying more mods later. After those mods, I will take it to make sure it is ok with the new mods.

Quick Reply: JLT CAI PREDATOR TUNE