GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JLT CAI and Bama Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/07, 11:43 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
yea seriously, if your "dissapointed" in the feeling of the car and if you were expecting a feeling of a supercharger/nitrous, then you should of gotten a s/c or nitrous then. dont like the look of it? well maybe u should of did your research before you bought the **** thing, what were you looking for, some silver pipping, along with an intercooler and a blower in between the pipes?? for you to not feel a difference in throttle response and performance especially in a 5 spd manual with bamachips tune and a CAI, then I dont even know what to say to you bro, cause if everyone else feels a hell of a difference and they drive the hell out of the new tune they got, then you need your senses checked again, i'm not even happy to read this first post of a NON happy bamachips customer.......shame
+1 Iv'e NEVER heard of someone not raving about Doug...I'm pretty sure that us auto guys get a little more out of the deal than the stick guys though
Old 5/15/07, 02:20 PM

I'm sorry my dissapointment was such a personal affront to some of you especially these two nice fellows, RaGsHoCkEy88, and MaverickMLFD371. I thought this board was designed to share experiences and opinions but evidently if you venture outside of the "group think" you'll be personally attacked by live at home losers whose parents are supplying their transportation and evidently need some hooked on phonics courses because they can't even read simple English. SMC
Old 5/15/07, 07:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If you at all unhappy with your tunes or intake then please let me know. I'll gladly refund you in full and apologize. I dont feel that if you buy something that you aren't happy with then you shouldn't have to keep it.

Please email me and we'll work this out. With Bamachips purchase not only do you get what you want, you also get peace of mind and you dont sound like you are happy.

Thanks, Doug BamaChips@gmail.com 205-302-0231
Old 5/15/07, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Doug904
If you at all unhappy with your tunes or intake then please let me know. I'll gladly refund you in full and apologize. I dont feel that if you buy something that you aren't happy with then you shouldn't have to keep it.

Please email me and we'll work this out. With Bamachips purchase not only do you get what you want, you also get peace of mind and you dont sound like you are happy.

Thanks Doug but I'm not looking to swap anything out, get a refund, etc. I'm gonna drive a new GT tomorrow at a dealer here in Charlotte and l'll drop you an e-mail after that. I don't want to confuse my new friends here in this thread anymore than they already are.

Thanks again

Dave
Old 5/15/07, 08:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

I am certain you will feel a difference!
Old 5/15/07, 08:35 PM
V6 Member

Wow I have the 91 race tune without a CAI, and there was a huge difference in power, throttle response, and accelleration.
Old 5/16/07, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
I'm sorry my dissapointment was such a personal affront to some of you especially these two nice fellows, RaGsHoCkEy88, and MaverickMLFD371. I thought this board was designed to share experiences and opinions but evidently if you venture outside of the "group think" you'll be personally attacked by live at home losers whose parents are supplying their transportation and evidently need some hooked on phonics courses because they can't even read simple English. SMC
Dave, Please don't give up on this group just yet. Please do keep sharing your experiences and opinions, and forget the group think. I personally appreciate your comments, and am looking forward to hearing about your experience at the dealer with the GT. Keep us posted.
Old 5/16/07, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Doug904

Now thats customer service!!!
I think this just made up my mine on Bama over Brenspeed!
Old 5/16/07, 03:45 PM
GT Member

Now that is certainly not a way to make friends. Most people here are passionate about their cars, so yes they do take things personally at times. Let it roll off your back and stop feeding the fire with comments like "at home losers whose parents are supplying their transportation and evidently need some hooked on phonics courses because they can't even read simple English." I have a feeling if you would have spoke with Doug prior to posting these, you would have been satisfied with a refund, swap, or maybe a tweek to the tune.

FWIW - i got the JLT (for sale btw) intake and brenspeed tune, made a huge diffrence. Not so much in power (altho dynoed a 28hp diffrence), but mainly in throttle response. Im sure with either tuner, you are getting a great tune as they are probably really close to each other. If Brenspeed closed up shop, i would start going to Doug without any hesitation.
Old 5/16/07, 05:53 PM

Drove the stock GT today, swapped the tunes around a little and it was fairly easy to see where the improvement is, especially the Race tune. Why it wasn't as apparent before
Old 5/16/07, 06:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm glad you took my advice, and test drove an unmolested Stang.

I knew you would feel a difference.

Doug,
If you're still hanging around this thread, PM me. Paul informed me where you have been all week.
Old 5/16/07, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS
I think this just made up my mine on Bama over Brenspeed!
X2
Old 5/17/07, 12:19 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS
Eh, I'll give him a 7 on customer service. Please check your email Doug
Old 5/17/07, 06:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drove the stock GT today, swapped the tunes around a little and it was fairly easy to see where the improvement is, especially the Race tune. Why it wasn't as apparent before
I'm glade that it worked out. Maybe the tune didn't take. I've experienced that before where I loaded the tune and I never heard the fuel pump cycle. Tried it again and it worked. Not sure what "that" was about... , but it does happen. Definitely stick around. You'll find that this is the best forum site online for Mustangs.
Old 5/17/07, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65
Dave, Please don't give up on this group just yet. Please do keep sharing your experiences and opinions, and forget the group think. I personally appreciate your comments, and am looking forward to hearing about your experience at the dealer with the GT. Keep us posted.
+1. The value of these forums is reading the good AND the bad, and deciding for ourselves what is best for each of us. But I'm glad to hear you're happier with it now Dave.

And kudos to Doug for his post, it says volumes about a vendor when they read negative comments and reach out instead of lashing out!
Old 5/17/07, 04:16 PM
FR500 Member

wow hmm maybe u should get ur information straight...we bought our stuff ourselves u obviously have some kind of complex....ur a hipocrate...

u want to get personal whatever waste ur time dude....just shut ur mouth and get ur money back, stop wasting all of our time and make false judgements. dont come on this board, insult people who have been member 3 times as long as u, u have 27 posts, no one cares...mavrick (paul) is a good buddy of mine, and u have no right to insult him, he knows very well what hes talking about...owns his car and his trailblazer SS, bought himself, sooo once again dont go making false judgements....
Old 5/17/07, 04:44 PM
FR500 Member

Old 5/17/07, 05:14 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The thread has run it's course. Closing. Take it to PM if you want to continue your "friendly" banter.