GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JBA LT's, JBA off road H, Flowmaster Axle back mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/11, 01:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBA LT's, JBA off road H, Flowmaster Axle back mufflers

Is anyone running the above setup? Does anyone have a clip or know of where I can find one.

I looked on Youtube and have found one so far.....just want to hear some more if possible. Considering going with LT's.
Old 1/27/11, 07:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the JBA longtubes and off road H, and have been through a lot of mufflers. Macs were loud and mean, but droned at cruise. Magnaflows were too quiet. Right now I'm running FRPP Stingers and the sound is truly badass. Everyone loves the sound. With my COMP 127500 cams, the sound is just plain cool. I don't have clips and the car is stored here in MD until late February or so, so I can't help making a clip anytime soon. Just info...
Old 1/27/11, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
I have the JBA longtubes and off road H, and have been through a lot of mufflers. Macs were loud and mean, but droned at cruise. Magnaflows were too quiet. Right now I'm running FRPP Stingers and the sound is truly badass. Everyone loves the sound. With my COMP 127500 cams, the sound is just plain cool. I don't have clips and the car is stored here in MD until late February or so, so I can't help making a clip anytime soon. Just info...
How do you find the fitment with the JBA LT's and the JBA off road H? If the Macs were loud and mean, I guess I could probably expect a similar sound with the Flowies.....seeing they are both chambered mufflers....and probably a little bit of drone as well.....which I dont mind.

Do you find the LT's hitting/scraping the ground or going over speed bumps? My car is lowered about 1.5inches all the way around with the FRPP spring kit.
Old 1/27/11, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5pointoh
How do you find the fitment with the JBA LT's and the JBA off road H? If the Macs were loud and mean, I guess I could probably expect a similar sound with the Flowies.....seeing they are both chambered mufflers....and probably a little bit of drone as well.....which I dont mind.

Do you find the LT's hitting/scraping the ground or going over speed bumps? My car is lowered about 1.5inches all the way around with the FRPP spring kit.
The fitment is fine but note I have a BMR tubular k-member with firmer motor mounts and more clearance in general. So the headers "slid" in (for the most part :-) ). NEVER had a clearance to ground problem with my Steeda Sport Springs, about the same drop as you indicate, but then again I don't take it places that have speed bumps.
Old 1/27/11, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

The fitment is fine but note I have a BMR tubular k-member with firmer motor mounts and more clearance in general. So the headers "slid" in (for the most part :-) ). NEVER had a clearance to ground problem with my Steeda Sport Springs, about the same drop as you indicate, but then again I don't take it places that have speed bumps.
Great that is what I wanted to hear.....I have read somewhere that the LT's might hit the ground and so forth. So good to hear from someone who has first hand experience with them.

Can I ask what is the advantage with having the BMR tubular K member and the firmer motor mounts? Does this create more clearance and thus make it easier to install these PITA headers?
Old 1/28/11, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

The car is a streetable race car--I drag race it a lot. The tubular k-member is much lighter, and the firmer engine mounts minimize the twist of the engine/drivetrain when shifting at high speeds. This of course adds a slight bit of harshness to the drive, but is still very much a streetable car. And yes, one side effect is that it does provide extra clearance for putting in headers.
Old 1/31/11, 05:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

The car is a streetable race car--I drag race it a lot. The tubular k-member is much lighter, and the firmer engine mounts minimize the twist of the engine/drivetrain when shifting at high speeds. This of course adds a slight bit of harshness to the drive, but is still very much a streetable car. And yes, one side effect is that it does provide extra clearance for putting in headers.
Thanks for the info! I probably wont need all that stuff, because my car is just for cruising around and scaring everyone on the road with a mean exhaust
Old 1/31/11, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just wanted to confirm you are running the JBA off road H??