GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JBA Headers, Exhaust, and H-Pipe USEFUL INFO

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/05, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I have decided to either get the SLP Loudmouth, or spend about 8 times more and go for a FULL JBA system, probably...

Long Tube SS Headers
Catted H-Pipe
Evol Axle-Back

I know this will be a kickass set-up. There are only a few things I wanted to ask, and I would appreciate if any of you can answer ANY of these questions...

#1. Best place to get JBA stuff? I mean cheaper than other parts... (Full system is around $1600... :bang

#2. Problems? Anyone have problems with JBA products, especially the long tubes or catted pipes?

#3. CATTED vs. OFFROAD H-PIPE: There are some sound clips on the JBA website, one with an Offroad pipe (i think) and one with catted pipes. The offroad pipe literally sounds very bad IMO with no deepness...

CLIP ONE

This car was equipped "with JBA Headers p/n 6675S, JBA H-pipe p/n 6675H, and JBA Axle-back Exhaust System p/n 50-2627."

Long Tubes, OFF-ROAD H-PIPE, Evol Mufflers

Hear that...Nothing muscle-carish about that. No mustangness whatsoever.

CLIP TWO

This car was equipped with "JBA 1.625" stainless steel long tube headers, 2.5" 2 cat H-pipe, 2.5" axle back exhaust system."

Long Tubes, CATTED H-Pipes, Evol Mufflers

This sounds perfect in my opinion. Loud for my taste, very deep, and can be heard LITERALLY a mile away. :worship:

:bang:

My main issues...

Is it the Offroad vs. Catted H-Pipe that causes that drastic change in the sound?
-If I install the catted H-Pipe, Headers, and mufflers, are there any problems I may face during installation and, say, service lights?

ANY and ALL information will be extremely helpful in my search. Thanks all!

BTW- Here's JBA's Site.....
JBA Headers
Old 8/8/05, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Pleaaase will some owners or other people provide some infooo
Old 8/8/05, 07:51 PM

I love my full JBA setup, always getting compliments on its sound and performance. Here is a clip from NMRA KC. 12.85 @ 106.

http://www.hoffertracing.bobbuck.com/video/index.html

Edit: I bought my setup from performancecenter.com, ask for Chablis when you call, dont order on the net, just call. Maybe she can help a little off of the list price that they have them for. I know she will match competitor prices and most likely will try to beat them with free shipping.
Old 8/8/05, 08:39 PM
Cobra Member

I'm not set up for a sound clip, but IMO if you can run the off-road h-pipe that is the only way to go. The cat's are your biggest sound and H/P block. The first sound clip does not even come close to capturing the sound of long tubes and an off road pipe...I too get nothing but complements on my sound and it's my favorite part of the car. I have a shaker 1000 and I hardly ever listen to it because I would rather hear the motor. You won't regret it...

BTW: Derek, looking and sounding good man...
Old 8/8/05, 10:44 PM
GT Member

The 'difference' in sound that you 'think' you hear is actually just the differences in the sound clips all together. With the o/r H all you get is a start up/idle, with a few slight revs, whereas with the catted H you get to hear the car through the entire rpm range.

There is a big difference in that aspect, however, in person they would be very similar sounding with the only real difference being that the o/r H equipped car will be much louder, and rough sounding, with the catted car sounding a tad bit smoother and not so loud.
Old 8/8/05, 10:57 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I have the Cat4wrds and no mufflers and love it, no problems, never have had a problem with JBA before, I would think if you were going with long tubes then why not no cats and no mufflers, but thats my preference....call up DPR, tell them Richard w/ black 05 GT refered you....

www.dprsocal.com
Old 8/8/05, 11:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by GhostGT@August 8, 2005, 6:52 PM
I have decided to either get the SLP Loudmouth, or spend about 8 times more and go for a FULL JBA system, probably...

Long Tube SS Headers
Catted H-Pipe
Evol Axle-Back

I know this will be a kickass set-up. There are only a few things I wanted to ask, and I would appreciate if any of you can answer ANY of these questions...

#1. Best place to get JBA stuff? I mean cheaper than other parts... (Full system is around $1600... :bang

#2. Problems? Anyone have problems with JBA products, especially the long tubes or catted pipes?

#3. CATTED vs. OFFROAD H-PIPE: There are some sound clips on the JBA website, one with an Offroad pipe (i think) and one with catted pipes. The offroad pipe literally sounds very bad IMO with no deepness...

CLIP ONE

This car was equipped "with JBA Headers p/n 6675S, JBA H-pipe p/n 6675H, and JBA Axle-back Exhaust System p/n 50-2627."

Long Tubes, OFF-ROAD H-PIPE, Evol Mufflers

Hear that...Nothing muscle-carish about that. No mustangness whatsoever.

CLIP TWO

This car was equipped with "JBA 1.625" stainless steel long tube headers, 2.5" 2 cat H-pipe, 2.5" axle back exhaust system."

Long Tubes, CATTED H-Pipes, Evol Mufflers

This sounds perfect in my opinion. Loud for my taste, very deep, and can be heard LITERALLY a mile away. :worship:

:bang:

My main issues...

Is it the Offroad vs. Catted H-Pipe that causes that drastic change in the sound?
-If I install the catted H-Pipe, Headers, and mufflers, are there any problems I may face during installation and, say, service lights?

ANY and ALL information will be extremely helpful in my search. Thanks all!

BTW- Here's JBA's Site.....
JBA Headers
That first clip sounds awesome, how can YOU NOT LOVE THAT Lopey idle, i remember hearing that about 6 months ago as it was posted in another thread or it is on their site, i think that car was supercharged if i am not mistaken...sounds like an old musclecar with a cam
Old 8/9/05, 01:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@August 9, 2005, 3:34 PM
That first clip sounds awesome, how can YOU NOT LOVE THAT Lopey idle, i remember hearing that about 6 months ago as it was posted in another thread or it is on their site, i think that car was supercharged if i am not mistaken...sounds like an old musclecar with a cam
I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!! How can you not like that first clip yet love the second one?.....That first one sounds like its about to eat some poor Vette for breakfast!!!!
Old 8/9/05, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@August 8, 2005, 11:34 PM
I guess the reason I don't like it IS because it sounds like an old musclecar...It sounds really mean, but no real growl. I can't tell for sure, since its only an idle/rev movie and the mic was probably one inch away from the pipes...

I really can't imagine having that mean sound 24/7. Its a nice tone and sounds mean as my next door neighbor, but not everyday...

Does anyone else have any other sound clips of JBA?
Old 8/9/05, 07:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@August 9, 2005, 6:26 AM
I guess the reason I don't like it IS because it sounds like an old musclecar...It sounds really mean, but no real growl. I can't tell for sure, since its only an idle/rev movie and the mic was probably one inch away from the pipes...

I really can't imagine having that mean sound 24/7. Its a nice tone and sounds mean as my next door neighbor, but not everyday...

Not flaming you here, but do you mind if I ask you how old you are?
Old 8/9/05, 07:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@August 9, 2005, 6:26 AM

I dream of that sound, I so wish the new Stang could sound like this...I think variable valve timing took care of this feature though, oh well, I guess I will have to just live with better gas milage and more drivability....DARN!
Old 8/9/05, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@August 9, 2005, 7:48 AM
I dream of that sound, I so wish the new Stang could sound like this...I think variable valve timing took care of this feature though, oh well, I guess I will have to just live with better gas milage and more drivability....DARN!
The more I think about it, I guess I shouldn't hate it that much...It does sound pretty cool, but I don't know...

Old 8/9/05, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by davids2toys+August 8, 2005, 11:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ August 8, 2005, 11:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>That first clip sounds awesome, how can YOU NOT LOVE THAT Lopey idle, i remember hearing that about 6 months ago as it was posted in another thread or it is on their site, i think that car was supercharged if i am not mistaken...sounds like an old musclecar with a cam
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Blk'05
@August 9, 2005, 1:23 AM
I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!! How can you not like that first clip yet love the second one?.....That first one sounds like its about to eat some poor Vette for breakfast!!!!
[/quote]

The first clip isn't the greatest quality. I didn't want him to base his decision on a bad clip. That first clip is the sweetest sound in the world. It's the force that drives me to build up my car... The BBR heads and cam along with my long tube headers and off road h-pipe are going to make it happen. I will not rest until my car lope's...
Old 8/9/05, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

How about the second one, though? The one with long tubes, catted H, and muffs? Is that really a clip of the one with catted H's? I really cant tell... Anyone else have a clip of this set-up? Im really leaning toward these...

BTW no one really said yet...anyone have problems with JBA stuff, particularly the long tubes? ANd what about the car itself? Will i get any trouble for removing stock cats and all? Service lights?
Old 8/9/05, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

The second clip sound's like it has cat's...JBA makes the best exhaust component's on the market IMO. I installed one of the first set's of the long tubes and the fit and finish was flawless, second to none. You will need to also install the Steeda street/strip motor mount's to clear everything. I have had no problem's , 12,500 mi. strong.
Old 8/9/05, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@August 9, 2005, 7:28 PM
The second clip sound's like it has cat's...JBA makes the best exhaust component's on the market IMO. I installed one of the first set's of the long tubes and the fit and finish was flawless, second to none. You will need to also install the Steeda street/strip motor mount's to clear everything. I have had no problem's , 12,500 mi. strong.
So lets say I want to go with the whole shebang.. All I will need is..

-Long Tubes
-Catted H-Pipe
-Mufflers
-Motor Mounts

How much will this all cost...will a shop be able to do it...(how much time, how much $$$)
Old 8/10/05, 07:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@August 9, 2005, 7:38 PM
So lets say I want to go with the whole shebang.. All I will need is..
-Long Tubes
-Catted H-Pipe
-Mufflers
-Motor Mounts

How much will this all cost...will a shop be able to do it...(how much time, how much $$$)
What does catted x pipe mean?
Old 8/10/05, 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@August 10, 2005, 7:52 AM
What does catted x pipe mean?
It means there are two high-flow cats with the pipes, instead of getting the Off-Road pipes...
Old 8/10/05, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@August 10, 2005, 9:07 AM
It means there are two high-flow cats with the pipes, instead of getting the Off-Road pipes...
Wouldn't the long tubes eliminate the location for the cats?
Old 8/10/05, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@August 10, 2005, 9:17 AM
Wouldn't the long tubes eliminate the location for the cats?
Wait, would they? I don't know much about headers/pipes. If thats the case, then how did they manage that combo? Or am I not getting something here? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

EXPERT HELP PLEASE :worship:

Quick Reply: JBA Headers, Exhaust, and H-Pipe USEFUL INFO