GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

J&M LCAs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/07, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up J&M LCAs Installed

If anyone is considering J&M LCAs here’s some info…

I got them from J&M for $114 (free shipping) in about a week. I didn’t weight them but they feel about half the weight of the stock ones. They were not pre-assembled and don’t have grease fitting. They do come with 4 packs of grease (Energy Suspension Pre-lube.) No install instructions but why would you need them? For a picture here’s the link…

http://www.hotpart.com/index.php?p=show&id=151

The bushings have 3 different harnesses. The outer rear is the softest, followed buy the front (body) ends, and the hardest are the ball centers on the rear. The arms do have an offset on the axle side. The outer rear bushings are concaved so the round center bushing is centered in the housing.

You can install them with the axle loaded or unloaded. They install much easier with the axle loaded, at least for me.

As far as the NVH goes…I road around for a few days with the rear seats down listening for any noise coming from the stock rear to give me a baseline. After installation there were no squeaks and the wheel hop is gone, a big difference over stock.

The one thing I did notice after the install is I can hear the axle hook up when letting the clutch out between shifts. No, not power shifting, just normal shifting. I suspect this is due to the LCAs keeping the axle from rotating as much as the stock LCAs.

Now I'll do the upper...

-Wayne
Old 1/1/08, 06:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds good, I plan on doing the same thing soon. Good to hear someone has tried these and likes them. For the money, you can't beat it!
Old 1/1/08, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the adj. upper, the fixed lower, the adj. panhard, and the relocation brackets from hotpart, the best on the market IMO for good streetability and moderate track, minimal noise increase over stock still impresses me everytime I drive the car.
Old 1/2/08, 07:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Dang may have to add this to my future mod list.
Good to hear you like them, good job!
Old 1/2/08, 10:15 AM
GT Member

I use J&M's lower control arms and I like them. Have worked great so far, have had them for about a year now.
Old 1/3/08, 08:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by psfracer
I use J&M's lower control arms and I like them. Have worked great so far, have had them for about a year now.
Me too! I've got there LCA brackets, aluminum adjustable pan hard bar and upper strut mount adjustable camber plates! all well made components!.....
Old 1/3/08, 11:09 AM
V6 Member

I use their LCA's and relocation brackets very nice looking parts and work great.
Attached Thumbnails J&M LCAs Installed-bracketresize.jpg  
Old 1/3/08, 01:10 PM
V6 Member

I think its funny that their pics on the website show the arms with zerk fittings but the part you got doesnt. It seems that it wouldnt be that expensive to tap the control arms for a zerk fitting.

Oh well, I am ordering me an upper and lower set today and will put in my own zerk fittings...

Old 1/3/08, 03:17 PM
Cobra Member

thats great to hear!

i got LCA and relocation brackets.

cant wait to them on!
Old 1/3/08, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I asked the company about greasing the LCA's and they told me they are basically lubed for life with the supplied lube. Sounds like no grease fittings required. That's fine with me, less maintenance on a hard to get to item.
Old 1/3/08, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by psfracer
Your video is spectacular.
Old 2/14/08, 03:28 AM

I also have the J&M fixed upper and fixed lowers and all wheel hop is gone. My car is not lowered and I do not plan on doing so in the future. I liked the design of the J&M control arms. There is a little trick to putting the bushings in the housing after greasing them, just call them and they will explain it to you. The grease feels more like silicone and is very sticky.
Old 2/14/08, 06:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 1550GT
I also have the J&M fixed upper and fixed lowers and all wheel hop is gone. My car is not lowered and I do not plan on doing so in the future. I liked the design of the J&M control arms. There is a little trick to putting the bushings in the housing after greasing them, just call them and they will explain it to you. The grease feels more like silicone and is very sticky.
Every suspension component I have from J&M is well made and designed!.....
Old 2/14/08, 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just got my LCA's from J&M the other day. I'll be installing them in a few days, I'll post how it goes.

They look like a really solid and very well built piece! I sat on the couch all night stroking my big black shaft. The GF liked it too
Old 4/16/08, 08:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i just got mine in the mail.... but i am not home right now...

crap! i have to wait until the 23rd to install them...
Old 4/16/08, 08:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Keep us updated Nate, I installed mine about a month ago and still have pretty considerable wheel hop under most instances especially wet conditions. I don't know what is up with it.
Old 4/16/08, 09:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
Keep us updated Nate, I installed mine about a month ago and still have pretty considerable wheel hop under most instances especially wet conditions. I don't know what is up with it.
Are you lowered ? I have no wheel hop with my J&M setup !
Old 4/21/08, 08:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well guys, i got my lca's installed today and boy am i happy!!!

the car feels way better... no hop on level surfaces whatsoever... but i can spin the tires very easily now.. they are pretty bald and probably could use replaced. but at least now they dont hop on me!!!

i was able to induce a mighty hop going up a hill in first, but it was a solid hop, not the sloppy kind the stock lca's induce all the time....

so i am very pleased with the end product.
Old 4/21/08, 11:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Have you noticed any extra drivetrain slop, or extra noise from the setup? I seem to have developed a good amount of drivetrain slop after install, and I'm not sure why.
Old 4/22/08, 03:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

nothing extra here... if anything the rear end feels tighter...

i can feel a difference with the poly bushings for sure.

maybe you have some loose bolts or something?

Quick Reply: J&M LCAs Installed