GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

It's Official.......I'm Getting Blown!!! :o)

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/06 | 08:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
na I've been saving when I got a small part time job with a fire dept doing it 2 days a week, and just saving up the money before i made the purchase, so when the months bill comes out, i can pay it off the day the credit ends for that month.
Well let us know how it turns out. I am going to be ordering one before April. I see no point in ordering one right now for winter in Chicago. Are you planning on doing a clutch?
Old 11/26/06 | 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by max2000jp
Well let us know how it turns out. I am going to be ordering one before April. I see no point in ordering one right now for winter in Chicago. Are you planning on doing a clutch?
at the moment now. the next up on the list is rotors and brake pads
Old 11/27/06 | 12:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt
I think I am to opening up a credit card account and get a supercharger and pay it off over a couple of month's.......... Doh I promised myself I would never get a credit card
A credit card is actually a good thing as long as you manage your debt. I am going out on a limb and assuming you are pretty young if you've never had one. Make your payments on time, and always pay more than the minimum, and they are great credit-building tools. Someday, when you wanna make a LARGE purchase, like a house, you'll be glad you did.
Old 11/27/06 | 01:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Credit cards are good, credit debt is bad. Credit cards are one of the easiest ways to FIX and MESS UP your credit. Just pay your bill on time and you'll be fine =).

With that said, after i buy this condo and get situated, trust that there will be some type of blower underneath my sleek black hood. This gives me time to decide on which one, MUAHAHAH. Congrats man, let us know how it turns out! I cant imagine how excited you must be.
Old 11/27/06 | 10:11 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Rebel73
A credit card is actually a good thing as long as you manage your debt. I am going out on a limb and assuming you are pretty young if you've never had one. Make your payments on time, and always pay more than the minimum, and they are great credit-building tools. Someday, when you wanna make a LARGE purchase, like a house, you'll be glad you did.
I feel you Rob, I hear about these people that get credit card's and go crazy with them and get thousand's of dollars into debt, I have always been cautious about getting one. I am 20 years old still living at home while I go through college so all the money I make goes into my car( parents pay for the stang ). The car is under my name so I am building credit from that so a credit card has never really crossed my mind until now. I don't have 5K just chillen in the bank for a supercharger so now i'm thinking hmmmmm, I might just go for it and get one then once I pay it off trash the card. What's a good credit card?

-Adam
Old 11/27/06 | 12:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

I feel you Rob, I hear about these people that get credit card's and go crazy with them and get thousand's of dollars into debt, I have always been cautious about getting one. I am 20 years old still living at home while I go through college so all the money I make goes into my car( parents pay for the stang ). The car is under my name so I am building credit from that so a credit card has never really crossed my mind until now. I don't have 5K just chillen in the bank for a supercharger so now i'm thinking hmmmmm, I might just go for it and get one then once I pay it off trash the card. What's a good credit card?

-Adam
I'm 23 yrs old with my check bank card and a Mastercard. I am very very very very careful when it comes to my credit card. I have never missed a payment since I had the card when i was 18 the minute the bill comes out, I pay it. I do have a $3500 credit limit, but I LIMIT myself to charging things to my card to around $300-400 a month, I dont buy many things, except car parts, hehe . the most I would go over that is for this upcoming holiday season, to buy my family christmas gifts. and my last years bill was hefty enough. but yea, i love charging things and paying back later, you just have to be conservative and limit your spending. i know my sister who is older than me has a habit of not doing that, the minute she gets money, she spends it. women.....LOL, sometimes I wonder if thats how its gonna be when I get married someday. LOL
Old 11/27/06 | 01:33 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
put it on my credit card, will be paid next month
Can I borrow your credit card for just a few minutes..??
Old 11/27/06 | 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

What's a good credit card?

-Adam
that's a tough one to narrow down. The most important thing is to get the best Annual Percentage Rate (APR) possible. For example, the APR on my Credit Union Visa is 4.5%. However, don't expect to get that great of a rate, or limit, for your first card. Just shop around.

The fact that the car is in your name should help.

BTW...you're a lucky SOB to have your parents buy you a Mustang! A GT at that!
Old 11/27/06 | 03:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I get credit card offers for 0% APR for almost 2 years duration weekly. I have very good credit and am pre-approved for a high enough limit to pay for a supercharger. I've been thinking of looking into it, but I've always paid cash for everything(at the end of the month). I have never carried a balance on my credit cards.
Old 11/28/06 | 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

FedEx Scheduled to Delivery my Whipple on Tuesday Dec. 5th!

Just got my tracking information. I had it sent to my work cause i know that when i walk into work @ 8AM, its already here. the FedEx dist. place is right around the corner from here so my work place is usually the 1st or second stop on their manifest. if I had it sent to the house, I wouldn't see it till 5:30PM, of course my mom would be home, but I dont think she can suffer carrying a 150lb box in the house, LOL.