GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Installed flowmasters but it's leaking

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/05, 09:24 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Redfire1@June 11, 2005, 1:18 PM
First, to adrenaline. If the guy cant put his mufflers on right, then contacting the manufacturer is a sensible idea. They should be able to tell him how to set it all up. Next to Cleveland, if you have never heard of exhaust fumes leaking into a car and the problems that can cause, then I suggest you research this before opening your mouth. I personally had this happen and it aint no fun! Next, to SixtySix, if by suggesting that exhaust fumes can kill and by advising that the man contact the manufacturer of his mufflers to solve the problem is being a "Chicken Little" then yeah, I'll be yer freakin Chicken Little. Ever wonder why some many people on forums are Lurkers and not Posters? It's probably due in large part to being afraid that their well intentioned posts will be rubbed in their faces like so much dog ****. Im startin to hate forums.
Sorry but I just assume when you wrote your first post it was to tell him to complain about it. I just thought contacting them immediately was not necessary since it was not a problem with the mufflers (which is obvious now that they have been welded on).

You might be starting to hate forums but may I suggest that when you post you put a little more information into it. I have read some of your posts and in most cases they are pretty short and people have misinterpereted what you were trying to say. Also, they do have a point. A small exhaust leak when a muffler is installed, expecially behind the rear axle, is far from causing enough fumes to kill someone, not to mention a person wouldn't even get a headache. There just wouldn't be enough of a leak for it to even enter the passenger compartment.
Old 6/12/05, 09:26 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dswhalen@June 11, 2005, 6:02 PM
Good job. Are you enjoying it now?

You must be warned you will start looking like Bob the Enzite guy if you don't get that grin off your face. :nono:

I wonder if his significant other gets sick of the long long drives now. I can just picture her sitting in the passenger seat for hours saying "are you done yet"
Old 6/12/05, 10:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dswhalen+June 11, 2005, 7:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ June 11, 2005, 7:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good job. Are you enjoying it now?

You must be warned you will start looking like Bob the Enzite guy if you don't get that grin off your face. :nono:
[/b]

Yes I think the car is perfect now and it's hard not to smile when you floor it and hear the flows roaring. I like looking in the rear view mirror and seeing peoples eyes get big when I take off.

<!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin
@June 12, 2005, 10:29 AM
I wonder if his significant other gets sick of the long long drives now. I can just picture her sitting in the passenger seat for hours saying "are you done yet"
[/quote]

I took my girl out Friday night and she really liked the deep sound. She is in love with my car though. The only problem is she has been in a couple accidents and will kill me if I even start to play around speed wise.