GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

input please

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/11, 08:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zcgstang
Can a shop do this for me??
At the amount you'd end up paying a shop, you will have spent nearly as much as simply buying catted longtubes (i.e. kooks, BBK, etc.)
Old 4/24/11, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enfynet

At the amount you'd end up paying a shop, you will have spent nearly as much as simply buying catted longtubes (i.e. kooks, BBK, etc.)
Y'all know anything about the pypes kit??
Old 4/24/11, 10:05 PM

From what I can tell, they do not come with a mid pipe (depending on where you buy from) and the ones that do, typically do not have catalytic converters.

Catalytic converters are not cheap. The "cheapest" ones would be cutting the stock ones off your midpipe and welding them into a new midpipe. The Pypes high flow cats cost $260 for a pair. Add that to the $700 you're paying for the headers and midpipe and you're close to $1000 (like all the other full length catted systems).
Old 4/25/11, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Y'all know anything about the pypes kit??
I have pypes full length headers with pypes catless x pype and pypes violator mufflers. I opted for the catless pipe since i already had the plan for modifying my stock pipe to fit for emission tests. But yes the pypes kits are expensive. I was lucky and found the headers with x pipe for $575. I am happy with my pypes kit though
Old 4/25/11, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gtpony325

I have pypes full length headers with pypes catless x pype and pypes violator mufflers. I opted for the catless pipe since i already had the plan for modifying my stock pipe to fit for emission tests. But yes the pypes kits are expensive. I was lucky and found the headers with x pipe for $575. I am happy with my pypes kit though
Cause I saw on AM a pypes kit, headers and o/r x for $625 or so??
Old 4/25/11, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I have been very happy with my headers and x pipe from pypes. They are definately well put together and very good for the money.
Old 4/25/11, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gtpony325
I have been very happy with my headers and x pipe from pypes. They are definately well put together and very good for the money.
Alright sweet. I might just put in the extra time and make so cash and go ahead and pull the trigger on this set up. Wonder how loud it will be with the pypes Pype bombs
Old 4/25/11, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Alright sweet. I might just put in the extra time and make so cash and go ahead and pull the trigger on this set up. Wonder how loud it will be with the pypes Pype bombs
Mine is pretty loud with the pypes long tubes no cats and pypes violator mufflers. But its not annoying loud. To me it sounds like any muscle car should.
Old 4/25/11, 05:20 PM

Keep in mind you will need cats if you're getting emission testing. It's not exactly a 20 minute job swapping out the headers. If you have someone that can cut and weld your existing cats for you then it shouldn't be an issue, otherwise you will probably need to get the matching Pypes high-flow cats to put on for emissions.
Old 4/25/11, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Enfynet
Keep in mind you will need cats if you're getting emission testing. It's not exactly a 20 minute job swapping out the headers. If you have someone that can cut and weld your existing cats for you then it shouldn't be an issue, otherwise you will probably need to get the matching Pypes high-flow cats to put on for emissions.
As bad as this sounds...a lot of places where I live dont really care about emissions. I know of 2 or 3 places That will pass.
Old 4/25/11, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok so I have found a set of headers and o/r h pipe kit made by pacesetter. There made here in the states and I know the paint will flake off but maybe I can ceramic coat them myself to beef them up a bit. I read on a forum that they made decent power and for the price it almost can't be beat. Its right inside my budget too. Now I don't really care how they look cause I don't show my car at shows or anything. Have y'all heard of this brand??? Anyone try them before??
Old 4/26/11, 10:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I spent a ton of money on LT and time installing them, way back when. The stock exhaust is pretty efficient at handling a N/A engine. I remember dyno days with my set up not adding much more power over a off road x-pipe back exhaust. Certainly not worth the money, or hassle if you have to pass emissions. However, at the time, I was planning on 6-8 lbs of boost, where the LTs would have made a big difference. For $450, I'd get UD pulley and maybe CMCV delete plates (they are cheap and easy). If you want acceleration, install some gears, although I can't hook up with the 3.55s I've always had. Other than that, Nitrous if you dare.
Old 4/26/11, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lowe!
I spent a ton of money on LT and time installing them, way back when. The stock exhaust is pretty efficient at handling a N/A engine. I remember dyno days with my set up not adding much more power over a off road x-pipe back exhaust. Certainly not worth the money, or hassle if you have to pass emissions. However, at the time, I was planning on 6-8 lbs of boost, where the LTs would have made a big difference. For $450, I'd get UD pulley and maybe CMCV delete plates (they are cheap and easy). If you want acceleration, install some gears, although I can't hook up with the 3.55s I've always had. Other than that, Nitrous if you dare.
If LT's don't add much on a N/A motor than what's all the hype about?? I don't understand
Old 4/26/11, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

2 things. One, trying to get every little bit we can, and 2nd, OMG it sounds so bad a$$!!
Old 4/26/11, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

2 things. One, trying to get every little bit we can, and 2nd, OMG it sounds so bad a$$!!
But with a full system. I'm talking headers, catless x pipe and axle backs...wouldn't that free up more HP than pullies and delete plates??
Old 4/26/11, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have 301 rwhp with:

BBK Tuned Shorty Headers
CMCV Delete Plates
CAI with tune
4:10 gears

If you're worried about your CATS, get some shorties. They can still aid in getting more HP.

-danny
Old 4/27/11, 01:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here are a couple of performance options that will cost you $0.00
Empty the trunk
Keep the windows closed
Use the 450.00 for gas and go drive.
Old 4/27/11, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

IMHO the stock manifold flow enough for n/a, stock cam, 4.6 engines. Axle backs are more about sound and looks than HP. Loosing the cats does seem to be a better bang for the buck. Like I mentioned. On a dyno day, years ago, the most I could muster was 311 rwhp with the mods in my sig. Right after me a guy laid down 307. He had stock exhaust manifolds and a 87oct tune, axle backs, O/R x-pipe, same CAI, UDPs. From that point on, I never claimed much HP increase due to the LT headers. $1,500 (parts only) for AR LT headers and high flow catted H-pipe, is a lot for not a big noticable HP increase. However, everyone like the way mine sounds better.
Old 4/27/11, 03:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

And as far as UD pulleys go, they won't help dyno #s, i.e. max horsepower. They just reduce the amount the engine has to spin up to speed during acceleration, which, you know, when your driving is what matters.
Old 4/27/11, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

And as far as UD pulleys go, they won't help dyno #s, i.e. max horsepower. They just reduce the amount the engine has to spin up to speed during acceleration, which, you know, when your driving is what matters.
Cause more than likely I'm going to pull the trigger on the pypes system. LT and o/r x for a reasonable price then ill install them with my neighbor. I think ill pick up a decent amount of power

Quick Reply: input please