GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

I'm losing my mind

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/07, 12:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm losing my mind

lol ok after having the SLP Bullits style mufflers on for about a month I am STILL not satisfied. I keep watching the Bash Side Exhaust video and just love it but just way overpriced. But I contacted Bash and found out that they use a Bassani muffler I'm guessing the Race style. I also have heard several clips of the cervinis side exhaust that uses the Magnapacks and it also sounds really good. (keep in mind I'm keep refering to the side exhaust because these mufflers are placed right after the H which is where my mufflers are now) So which one to go with? Where to buy just the muffler and not the whole kit? The SLPs are great but went I put the gas to the floor they make a sound that is loud and just kinda wierd. It reminds me of if youve ever been in a car with a sunroof and pressed the air defuser down to where all the air in the car starts making a wop wop wop sound lol idk if that made sense. Also should I try a prochamber? maybe an X? AHHH! lol What to do what to do

.... also after looking at the cervini side exhaust it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to get an exhaust shop to bend some piping and make a custom kit?

.....ALSO I love my new wheels!
Old 4/10/07, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

What was the price on the Bash side exhaust. It wasn't listed on their site last time I checked, so I emailed them and they never got back to me.
Old 4/10/07, 12:24 PM

Caleb let me tell you this much if you don't like your SLP's now, just wait till you add headers, then you'll really hate the sound of them. The guy I bought my SLP LT's and O/R X from had them and I personally hated the way his car sounded. It was just stupid loud and not in a good way. I have those on my car now with the magnapacks and it's loud but I love the way it sounds. I have yet to hear another S197 that sounds like mine. It really just depends on what you're after. There really isn't any drone and I've never had any trumpeting with this setup either.

Also depending on how much time and money you have I would agree with you in your thoughts about having a shop make you a side exhaust. It shouldn't be too hard just time consuming. You could have a shop do that and you could buy the BBR side skirts and tips. My only suggestion is that when you do get a side exhaust setup have it welded in. My car is lowered in the front and it did cause clearance issues and any time I went over a bump it would adjust my exhaust for me. Since having it welded in everything is good.
Old 4/10/07, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

I believe the Bash kit is now somewhere around 1100.... BBR was 895. I think I would go custom for the side exhaust along the lines of the cervinis route (going around the gas tank) that seems to be the route with the most clearance. The SLPs I have now are NOT the loudmouths aka straight pipes, they are the Bullit mufflers/resonators. I can't believe theres no trumpeting with the mags, that is what I really hate and want to get rid of. I'm starting to suspect that the H pipe is the source of a lot of the trumpeting, might also try a OR prochamber or X. I know this is a lot of setups but the exhaust is one of the most important things to me in a car.
Old 4/10/07, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
I believe the Bash kit is now somewhere around 1100.... BBR was 895. I think I would go custom for the side exhaust along the lines of the cervinis route (going around the gas tank) that seems to be the route with the most clearance. The SLPs I have now are NOT the loudmouths aka straight pipes, they are the Bullit mufflers/resonators. I can't believe theres no trumpeting with the mags, that is what I really hate and want to get rid of. I'm starting to suspect that the H pipe is the source of a lot of the trumpeting, might also try a OR prochamber or X. I know this is a lot of setups but the exhaust is one of the most important things to me in a car.
My exhaust is a custom side existing one.

Old 4/10/07, 04:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Caleb, I've been jackin' with my exhaust since the first week I had it! Right now I have a Pypes O/R H pipe at the welder's I am having a second H added that will connect to the first H, both open into each other by about 2'' inches basically a small cupped Prochamber!
Old 4/10/07, 04:12 PM
Cobra Member

STD dang that sound like a good idea.... I'm really curious about the Prochamber...

James yeah i've seen your before and I'm very jelious lol
Old 4/10/07, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

STD dang that sound like a good idea.... I'm really curious about the Prochamber...

James yeah i've seen your before and I'm very jelious lol
No need being jelious,I'm glad you like them, maybe the pictures can help you on your custom. I've got to get back under it to take some better pictures of the whole exhaust set up, so CR can help me figure how to do the ARH LT's to the custom exhaust. my mufflers are Magpaks. I actually wished mine was done in a stainless for the show look.

James
Old 4/10/07, 09:39 PM
Cobra Member

james what magnapacks are they? I'm looking at summit and there are a ton!
Old 4/11/07, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

james what magnapacks are they? I'm looking at summit and there are a ton!
To tell the truth I'm not sure,I know there round,but Lords Custom Performance did them,I just left the car with David Lord and he just called me when it was done. This was the first 2005 mustang with side exhaust and he used what he thought would sound best. The only complaint I have is I wish it was a stainless exhaust. plus I wish it had a better tip that fit the openning of the LNR cover.The next day that is nice and sunny ,I'll take a sound video of the car.
Old 4/11/07, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Caleb, I've been jackin' with my exhaust since the first week I had it! Right now I have a Pypes O/R H pipe at the welder's I am having a second H added that will connect to the first H, both open into each other by about 2'' inches basically a small cupped Prochamber!

You're doing what? Crazy old koot........
Old 4/11/07, 06:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
You're doing what? Crazy old koot........
Who you! calling a koot!....... Tom whats the problem ! a little to Old School for Ya!.......So I'm having a doubled chambered Flow thru H pipe made, I got to try something !! How do you think all these other pipe configuration's come in to being? try'll and error.....and more error!..
Old 4/11/07, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

haha.... man no one knows what magnapacks are on the cervinis either! lol I'll try to call Cervinis tom. Yes I would love to hear how it sounds. Any trumpeting? Thats what I hate...